It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Hi Red Cairo,

Here I am just waiting for my lecithin to dissolve and wondering if it will eventually have an effect on my psoriasis....

And here you are talking about it....

How long have you been taking Liposomal C...? (Before the Keratosis Pilaris started receding)

I could also stand to be a "bit" nicer, happier and more energetic....my kind of side effect....

I'm seeing some positive effects but am waiting to see if there is progress or is this just a false start....

I'm confusing the issue by experimenting simultaneously with Nootropics...I am currently trying a stack consisting of Piracetam, Pramiracetam, and Noopept...

I am experiencing positive mood changes, increased vigour and energy, and memory enhancement....

I don't know what state can be attributed to what substance...

(I feel somewhat like one of the Stooges whipping up some kitchen chemicals and clubbing myself on the head to kick start the process)

Regarding your larger UC idea....this one 79.99 from Harbor Freight makes me wonder if its too heavy and clumsy for our needs; though, this is where the turkey baster may work....or does the whole process get to fussy...?

I'm going back to your response to my first post and try to address your points....

Tarasco

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo

After some research I find that I'm biased towards the somewhat more heavy duty Cleaners like this
www.harborfreight.com...

That looks great. When I get more spendable cash I think I might get one like that. (Though that one has 'sealing' complaints in the reviews, I noticed.) Mine was $30 but it makes 16oz basically. I think $80 for 85oz sounds good.

The smaller $30.00 units are mostly low powered ... in reading the reviews I find that there can be a problem with overheating and burning out the integrated circuits ...

Mine hasn't failed yet but then I haven't been doing this very long. I do notice that already it seems like not all the foam is diminishing as well as initially, the encapsulation with some 'extra' lecithin also seems to be becoming a little more common in my mixes despite I make them the same and measure both water and ingredients to the gram, but I'm not sure if that's related to the machine or not.

If your Lysosomal process hasn't changed at all then perhaps the electronics have a problem....is your UC a three minute or eight minute cycle...? How many cycles do you do...?

How many times have you used it for lysosoming...?

1. How difficult is it to remove the lysosome'd C from the Ultrasonic Cleaner after preparation...? I worry about the liquid seeping into the electronics when pouring the mixture out....

In mine (little $30), the metal well for this seems well sealed, by which I mean I don't notice any slight cracks around where it is nested which might result in internal leaks once one began pouring out from it. However I did notice it looks like some bare leak happened in the soft-plastic control panel even though I can see no opening to that. Note that the 'off' button on my machine does not work at all and never did. Since I can unplug it I didn't consider that all that big a problem.

There is no spout, and the wells do not come out. So you literally have to pick up the entire machine, keeping the lid open of course, and dump the entire contents out.

I have no trouble pouring out the contents, I find....but I make sure to wipe it dry just in case the seam between the stainless steel tub and the outer case has failed somewhere along the circumference.....

Would the larger machine be just too awkward to lift and pour the mix into a large pitcher/container...? Or...would a turkey baster work to draw out the mix...? How do the smaller units work in this regard...?

I thought of the baster idea, it'd leave a lot in the well. Looking at the picture of the $79 one you ref'd, comparison to the plug which is a standard size, I'd say it's unlikely it'll be a problem. Weight would be the only issue, and unless it's made of lead, gold or volcanic ash, something that size is probably not going to be THAT heavy. And I'm a woman so if I'm not afraid of it...

Volcanic ash....interesting look for an Ultrasonic Cleaner...will go well with my Mexican Metate...

2. Has anyone tried combining CoQ10 powder in the mix...? It's a fat soluble substance so perhaps the question answers itself....though I'd be interested in your experience....

Now, I don't know how lecithin would react when combined with some kind of oil. (I actually wondered how it would react when combined with other non-harmful to health and even beneficial solvents such as DMSO, which might put some substances into solution that water can't.) I haven't been able to find much on that but haven't done much searching I admit. But anything that is not water soluble is not likely to work with the lecithin+water approach this particular DIY

So much for adding CoQ10....

By the way...I have just stumbled on an analogue which sounds promising as an adjunct to CoQ10...Idebenone..... Not water soluble but still interesting with added benefits....[urlsmart-drugs.net...= [/url]
I'm tempted to buy some Idebenone and add to my LipC...I'm thinking that mixing up the Idebenone with the lecithin will allow it to gain access to the cells....this will be in the lecithin nano capsule, itself, not with the aqueous C inside the nano capsule

I'm currently taking Ubiquinol 50mg x 2, NADH 10 mg x 1

I still don't know if I'm doing the tech side of posting properly yet....so it's time to take a look

edit on 7-7-2013 by RedCairo because: forgot to remove a quote

edit on 14-7-2013 by Tarasco because: Forgot to add a link....

edit on 14-7-2013 by Tarasco because: ....A better link

edit on 14-7-2013 by Tarasco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

edit on 14-7-2013 by Tarasco because: Oops...wrong thread

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread846311/pg95#pid16039864]post by Ektar[/
edit on 15-7-2013 by Tarasco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarasco
I just stumbled on this....CoQ10 is a crystalline powder that is insoluble in water.

That's probably a deal-breaker for making it lipo without better tech than most people have at home then.

Re: how long have I taken it: I'm thinking... three weeks? about 2 before I noticed the skin changes. Amount varies. I've been surprised that even with the unencapsulated amount I seem to be able to take a lot more before bed without the normal flush effect.

Re: the larger Harbor Freight machine is on my porch. I'll try it out on a BIIIIG batch (ok, not huge, but comparatively...) and let you know how it works.

PS It hasn't really given me extra energy or strength. It's just given me a lot of body-competence that seems to make what energy and strength I have go a lot farther.

RC
edit on 18-7-2013 by RedCairo because: can't type worth crap

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I sure hope you all are okay 10 years from now....Well wishes to ya all...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

RedCairo, Even with the bigger machine, I don't recommend making anything more than a double batch.

The reason is that if the solution in the machine is too deep, it will have poor sonification. Keeping the solution as close as possible to the sonic vibrations is key. Usually no more than an inch or so deep.

Also a tip for all: I tried to make 2 batches the other day... the first batch had the soy lecithin sitting overnight in the frig and it came out perfect. The second batch the soy lecithin had sat about 4 hours and when done had some minor separation. So letting it sit in the frig overnight really makes a difference.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Hi Julie! Been a while since I have chatted with you. Saw your post and wanted to drop in a bit of information I had recently come across.

Apparently, whenever vitmain c cycles through the body, glutathione is responsible for the insurance that vitamin c will continue to cycle. Vitamin c is even involved in blood glucose levels.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Hi Julie! Been a while since I have chatted with you. Saw your post and wanted to drop in a bit of information I had recently come across.

Apparently, whenever vitmain c cycles through the body, glutathione is responsible for the insurance that vitamin c will continue to cycle. Vitamin c is even involved in blood glucose levels.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Hi Veritas!

Good article.

Elevated blood sugar is continuing to be shown as a destroyer of good health. Plays a huge role on Vitamin C absorption and is also a huge contributor to cancer cells.

I've heard Dr Oz say that Glutathione is the Super antioxidant of all antioxidants out there!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It stimulates your liver to cleanse itself and remove all waste or toxins it has accumulated which can lead to obesity-like problems or illnesses. Liver burns fat which contains most toxins in your body. Fat breaks down releasing the toxins into the bloodstream, which is then filtered out through your kidneys, and into your urine, where it is excreted from the body. Now that is how you detox

edit on 19-7-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hi Julie,

Do you have any personal experience with elevated blood glucose caused by Lip-C....mine is averaging 10.1 mmole/litre or 181.8 mg/dl....since I started the Lip-C.....prior to the Lip-C it was about 5.0 mmole/litre or 90 mg/dl....

What to do, what to do....?
Thanks
Tarasco

(If anyone has experience with this feel free to jump in....)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarasco

This was mentioned somewhere earlier in this forum and the yahoo groups forum and i believe the concencus was that it was an artificial spike caused by the lipo c affecting the measurement but not the actual blood sugar or something to that extent. Ill see if i can find the relevant posts

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I came across some important information reading the forums over at the Vitamin C Foundation regarding false high blood glucose readings.

A poster earlier in this thread (sorry don't remember who it was) who started taking Liposomal Vitamin C said he was getting high blood glucose readings and was going to cut back on the Liposomal Vitamin C.

It is a false high blood glucose reading - It is measuring the Vitamin C!

Over at the forum they have been testing glucose readings every 10 minutes after taking Vitamin C and watching how the blood readings go up and how long it takes for them to go down.

This was also confirmed by the Riordan Clinic here:

PDF Report

The report showed that a woman that was taking IV Vitamin C showed a high glucose reading and was treated with Insulin and went into hypoglycemic shock! So the high glucose reading was wrong. It was measuring the Vitamin C!

Vitamin C Foundation Forum-Blood Glucose Test

So evidently the glucose testers can be used to test the rise of vitamin c in your blood!

Ektar - I'm bumping this post for you regarding the high glucose reading.

If you get your mother on the lipo vit c it will be important to not be fooled by a false reading. It may be limited to certain readers, so I wanted you to be fully informed of this information.

Be sure to read the links.

Here is the post about high glucose readings.

Lipo C can cause FALSE high glucose readings on some portable devices. It is the device you are using - it is not giving an accurate reading.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Thank you, Julie....

I was starting to get neurotic about this...I feel better now...well...almost...I still don't know how to maintain my glucose levels with these false positives...

I DO appreciate your ongoing commitment to this Vit-C thread...thank you...!

Tarasco

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Thanks for your response Dominicus....

It's just that I have Diabetes II and need to keep my glucose levels in a "normal" range...and that's hard to do when the false positives are confusing the issue....

And, Dominicus...just so you know...thanks for creating this thread...the word "prescient" comes to mind...how long before this is all as common as orthomolecular dosing of Vit-C like we all do now....?

Thanks again,

Tarasco

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Julie I'm curious, do you think cortisol readings could be spiked by this?

I'd read one study where cortisol output fell 40% when a lot of C was added to intake, and it turns out that cortisol also functions as an antioxidant. The body can't ramp up C, but as a sort of compensation, it can ramp up cortisol to help make up for at least that one (of so many) elements of not having enough C. So high cortisol and adrenal fatigue could actually relate to chronically low C levels. So I'd suggested to a friend she try Lipo-C as she has cortisol issues. She measures this through the day. However the instant she began taking Lipo-C the readings went crazy and it freaked her out so she dropped the lipo.

I've been thinking that it would have to be one of two things. The first possibility: Dr. Carey Reams did comment on some situations where suddenly supercharging a previously deficient organ such as the pancreas could initially cause a lot of extra insulin output -- for a short time -- his concern wasn't the insulin but the crash into hypoglycemia that tended to follow. He said it resolved on its own but had to be watched. The second possibility: that something about the C in the system was actually affecting the cortisol readings.

RC

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Should you get totally obsessive about making Liposomal Vitamin C, you can set up a whole little 'station' in your living room and hope your visitors don't think you're a lunatic (or a drug lord, with all that white powder and test tubes LOL). I finally got everything (the bottles are also for other things I do) in one place.

Hmmn. I'm not sure how to make this show up 'in' the post instead of as a link - it's my own pic. Ah well!

RC

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Cortisol also tends to inhibit testosterone, a hormone produced at least in help by supplemental Vitamin C.

How does Vitamin C effect Cortisol?

Cortisol is responsible for raising blood sugar levels. Sugar robs Vitamin C from white blood cells, where it produces hydrogen peroxide, in order to kill infectious diseases, and ensure a healthy immune system.

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join