It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

RedCairo, Thanks for that "long" read on the Lecithin
I read it all.

I have also done a lot of research on Lecithin and was aware of a lot of these benefits.

What I find even more fascinating is that Vitamin C benefits are nearly identical to everything you have listed.

Without posting it all - this is a good read: It is a PDF file.

Intraveneous Vitamin C Has Performed Miracles

One of the things you might find interesting in this paper is this:

Because of its ability to strengthen collagen, vitamin C may also help prevent brain hemorrhages, especially in newborns and the elderly. I have always thought that vitamin C should be administered to patients with cerebralaneurysms (ballooning of a blood vessel in thebrain) to strengthen their vessels and prevent further aneurysms.

Collagen is also important for the formation of the lining (myelin sheath) around nerves. Studies on the effect of vitamin C on myelin demonstrate that high doses stimulate myelin formation and differentiation of schwann cells, which protect the neurons of the peripheral nervous system. This may explain why some multiple sclerosis patients who are treated with high-dose intravenous vitamin C experience dramatic improvements.

The vitamin C level in the brain is four times higher than the blood, and during times of vitamin C deficiency, the brain holds onto its vitamin C very tightly. Both of these facts underscore how important this nutrient is to the health and functioning of the brain. In fact, in certain areas of the brain that have particularly high activity — such as the hippocampus, the hypothalamus, and the striatum — levels of vitamin C are very high.

Interestingly, vitamin C has been shown to enhance maturation of the synapse (the connection between two brain cells), which is something not done by other antioxidants. This all means that vitamin C is important to how the brain forms and develops. Because of the high level of vitamin C in the substantia nigra (a midbrain structure that controls movement, among other things) and striatum (part of the basal ganglia, which also governs movement), it may be that vitamin C is involved in Parkinson’s disease. Vitamin C is also an inhibitor of the enzyme that destroys acetylcholine (acetylcholinesterase) and therefore may also play a role in Alzheimer’s disease. The brains of people with Alzheimer’s have deficient levels of vitamin C. Vitamin C has been shown to reverse certain types of memory loss in mouse models of Alzheimer’s dementia.

Lecithin and Vitamin C work hand in hand. They are very good partners.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hey guys, instead of reading through the ginormous amounts of data within this thread, how 'bout a recap of how much Vit-C you're taking, and how you've settled on that amount?

I started out late last year (2012) with a half a shot glass, which turns out to be 1 ounce. I've recently moved into a new home and life has been too crazy (since the beginning of the year) for me to find the time to make more, until now.

The dust has finally settled for me since early March '13, so I made 2 new batches last night, so it's a new beginning for me in lots of ways.

Any of you guys taking more??? Less???

It's workout time for me, and I'd like to get a good idea of how much Vit-C my fellow ATSers are chugging!

I've been wanting to start taking 2 ounces per day, so today's my first day of upping the dose (even though I haven't had any since late Feb, early March...)

So here I go...

¡Salud!
To Good Health!

edit on 6/25/2013 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I take more I think. I take about two-three oz at a time and I loosely count each swallow as an oz. about 3-4 times a day. This is a lot I think, but I find this is "My dose" and it is within the bounds by Dr. Paulings standards, and even encouraged if you are fighting disease, and I am always it seems fighting one or the other.

I have seen a HUGE improvement and seen the condition of my blood vessels get better for sure. I no longer bleed or hurt and I was doing too much of both before starting the lipo C. It has been a complete Godsend IMHO and I thank you for it. It has helped many friends and it will help many more. "God make me a hollow reed that thy healing will shall be enacted through"

Peace...
edit on 26-6-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I take slightly less than half a cup at a time. So far at least twice a day, sometimes as many as 4x a day.

Making it in my 'large' well (2 cups) $30 ultrasonic machine with the 'long' (8 minute) cycles [found at amazon online] seemed great at first, but now that I have to do it nearly every day to keep up with the dosage, I'm thinking I need to invest in something bigger.

I'm surprised almost daily by how something is easier to do than it used to be, either because it no longer requires massive energy -- the body seems to be more self-sufficient energy-wise than it used to be -- or because I just feel more calm, or more limber, than I did a couple weeks ago before I began.

I suspect (as I mentioned earlier on the thread) that this is as much due to the lecithin as to the ascorbic acid, but as as Julie noted, they overlap greatly in what they address and work well together.

I don't know that there is any real way to measure what Lipo-C dosage "should" be, especially since the question is more usually what it "could" be. I would take vastly more than I'm taking except that the percentage which is _not_ encapsulated still has a bowel limit, and I'll put up with some of that but nothing extreme.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I take 3 ounces, once a day, about an hour after coffee.

I am not only president and starter of this thread, but also a client of the DIY product and all the fab people who joined here and added to it, still keeping it going.

I'll be on this stuff for a year going on July, and just like day 1, I'm still just as vibrant, stimulated, energetic, not-sick not even 1 time in the last year, sexual strength, motivated in life, meditations through the roof.........

I've managed to start 2 books, one of which I'm about 150 pages in, start 2 businesses on the side, keep working out, went on 3 trips into the mountains this year, going to India in November for a 40 day retreat in the mountains.

THIS STUFF IS A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!! And I will by swearing by this til the day this body fails ....although taking this stuff, it's hard to see the body failing anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Smokers beware : Smoking depletes 25 mg of Vitamin C per cigarette.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hi,
I'm very new here (first post) and am preparing to purchase an Ultrasonic Cleaner to make Lisosomal C and would appreciate any info or anecdotal (and more) information on your experience with preparing the C....and how you get along with your Ultrasonic Cleaner....

After some research I find that I'm biased towards the somewhat more heavy duty Cleaners like this

www.harborfreight.com...

Basically it has a 2.5 litre capacity with (I think) a 160 watt capacity ( though some of that may be dedicated to the heater)....
The smaller $30.00 units are mostly low powered (approx 35 Watts....some are 60 watts which I would choose if I didn't get the 160watt model) and in reading the reviews I find that there can be a problem with overheating and burning out the integrated circuits from rapid recycling of the Cleaner when adding minutes to the "cleaning" (or lysosomal) process....even those with integrated heater seem to fail....

Question:

1. How difficult is it to remove the lysosome'd C from the Ultrasonic Cleaner after preparation...? I worry about the liquid seeping into the electronics when pouring the mixture out....

Would the larger machine be just too awkward to lift and pour the mix into a large pitcher/container...? Or...would a turkey baster work to draw out the mix...? How do the smaller units work in this regard...?

2. Has anyone tried combining CoQ10 powder in the mix...? It's a fat soluble substance so perhaps the question answers itself....though I'd be interested in your experience....

This goes for other substances, too....any info will be welcomed....

I have been using orthomolecular doses of Ascorbic Acid combined with Sodium Bicarbonate for years with good success so will be adding the NaHCO3 to the Lysosomal C as well....

Enough for now....

Thank you for your input....
Tarasco

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
To Hardamber, don't worry I did not forget your citric acid, just had some unexpected financial hurdles this month. I will send it soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

After some research I find that I'm biased towards the somewhat more heavy duty Cleaners like this
www.harborfreight.com...

That looks great. When I get more spendable cash I think I might get one like that. (Though that one has 'sealing' complaints in the reviews, I noticed.) Mine was $30 but it makes 16oz basically. I think $80 for 85oz sounds good.

The smaller $30.00 units are mostly low powered ... in reading the reviews I find that there can be a problem with overheating and burning out the integrated circuits ...

Mine hasn't failed yet but then I haven't been doing this very long. I do notice that already it seems like not all the foam is diminishing as well as initially, the encapsulation with some 'extra' lecithin also seems to be becoming a little more common in my mixes despite I make them the same and measure both water and ingredients to the gram, but I'm not sure if that's related to the machine or not.

1. How difficult is it to remove the lysosome'd C from the Ultrasonic Cleaner after preparation...? I worry about the liquid seeping into the electronics when pouring the mixture out....

In mine (little $30), the metal well for this seems well sealed, by which I mean I don't notice any slight cracks around where it is nested which might result in internal leaks once one began pouring out from it. However I did notice it looks like some bare leak happened in the soft-plastic control panel even though I can see no opening to that. Note that the 'off' button on my machine does not work at all and never did. Since I can unplug it I didn't consider that all that big a problem.

There is no spout, and the wells do not come out. So you literally have to pick up the entire machine, keeping the lid open of course, and dump the entire contents out.

To do this without making a huge mess from both splash and the 'width' (size) of the well even at a sort-of corner, I use a big (gallon maybe?) pyrex measuring bowl and I dump it all in that. That has a spout of sorts, so I then use that and pour some into a much smaller pyrex measuring cup with spout, which I then hold over the big bowl and use to pour into small necked brown bottles I keep the stuff in, in the fridge.

Would the larger machine be just too awkward to lift and pour the mix into a large pitcher/container...? Or...would a turkey baster work to draw out the mix...? How do the smaller units work in this regard...?

I thought of the baster idea, it'd leave a lot in the well. Looking at the picture of the $79 one you ref'd, comparison to the plug which is a standard size, I'd say it's unlikely it'll be a problem. Weight would be the only issue, and unless it's made of lead, gold or volcanic ash, something that size is probably not going to be THAT heavy. And I'm a woman so if I'm not afraid of it...

2. Has anyone tried combining CoQ10 powder in the mix...? It's a fat soluble substance so perhaps the question answers itself....though I'd be interested in your experience....

No but I have given a great deal of thought to this topic and googled extensively. The thing about the lecithin and AA is that the REASON the AA gets encapsulated is because it is *first 'solved' by the water.* That means something has to be water-soluble in order to have it dissolve (so is fully distributed) in the water, and then combine the water with lecithin, which if the lecithin was heated enough to open it up (but not so much as to deactivate the AA) and then cooled with the AA-water (which if the AA water is cold when added, happens naturally), it encapsulates much (not all) of it, and then the machine basically smashes up the lipospheric size to much smaller. But remove the water soluble part and you're lost.

Now, I don't know how lecithin would react when combined with some kind of oil. (I actually wondered how it would react when combined with other non-harmful to health and even beneficial solvents such as DMSO, which might put some substances into solution that water can't.) I haven't been able to find much on that but haven't done much searching I admit. But anything that is not water soluble is not likely to work with the lecithin+water approach this particular DIY uses.
edit on 7-7-2013 by RedCairo because: forgot to remove a quote

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Long time lurker here, this Is my first post, but Iv'e been following this thread on and off since about page 30, and have read the entire thing.

So I decided it was about time to try this wonderful potion for myself, especially seeing it has so many positive reviews...

And so I went out and purchased liquid sunflower lecithin, Pharma Grade Ascorbic Acid, and a decent 2.5lt US Cleaner.

Since I'm using liquid sunflower lecithin I have been following Dominicus recipe, but my results haven't been very good thus far... so far Iv'e done 2 double batches, and 1 single batch...

The resulting potion at first appears to be what one should expect (milky liquid with no separation) but after refrigeration overnight, I seem to be getting about 3/4inch slightly lighter coloured liquid at the bottom on the jar, and the rest of the liquid is slightly more tan in colour... And it is seriously sour

Also I have performed the encapsulation test as follows:
1) Pour 120 ml of the finished LET Vitamin C into a Mason Jar.
2) Add 1/4 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate into 30 ml of distilled water, stirring well.
3) Pour the sodium bicarbonate solution into the LET Vitamin C mixture, while stirring.

My results for this test suggest I'm getting very little encapsulation if any at all,with well over 1inch of foam...

When initially blending the Lecithin I use a very powerful Vita-Mix Blender on High for about 5 mins, then for another 5 mins with a stick blender the next morning... Then I add the AA and blend for a further 1 min and begin sonicating for 8 mins x 4 for a total of 32mins

The Ascorbic Acid I have says 1/4 teaspoon delivers 1000mg Ascorbic Acid, should I be using 1 whole Tablespoon, or only 1/4 Teaspoon?

Sorry for all the questions but it's getting very frustrating wasting all this product, I must be doing something wrong, I just cant figure out what.

TIA

edit on 8-7-2013 by beechness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beechness

When you mix the Sunflower Lecithin w/ the distilled water and then start blending it, is the distilled water first heated up to almost boiling?

Heating up the water, then mixing it with lecithin in the blender, tends to open up the micro-capsules of the lecithin, since it s sort of like waxy.

What brand Ultrasonic do you have?
Is the Lecithin the gooey syrupy kind or the dried powder?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hi Dominicus,

Yes I heated the water in a stainless pot on the stove to about 95c, poured it into a pyrex jug to check final measurement of 250ml, then transferred to the VitaMix, and then diligently added the 3 Tbsp of Lecithin (very gooey Syrupy kind) and commenced blending for 2 mins at a time x 5 = 10 mins total, with 1 min breaks in between to allow it to settle... And to help with lessening foam development

The VitaMix really shouldn't need the heated water anyway because the blades spin so fast it actually cooks to a boil if left on high for over 4 mins continuous, but I decided with the last batch to actually slow the blender right down because it was making so much foam on top...

The US Cleaner doesn't appear to have a brand name on it, although I can tell you it appears to be exactly the same one that Julie Washington has, it has a 2.5 litre capacity, 170watts, and 42hz...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Do you let the distilled lecithin mix soak overnight?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I just did another batch last night, but this time with a new unopened 'room' temp jar of lecithin, I repeated the steps almost exactly as above, leaving the blended lecithin to soak in the fridge for approx 4 hours before blending again, for another 3 mins on low speed... (Prior batches were all let soak in the fridge over night)

After sonification the bubbles cleared a lot, but not completely, more importantly though, it's showing no signs of separation, and its been over 8 hours in the fridge now so it seems to have been a success... YAY

I also note its a lot less sour, and it's a lot lighter in colour, almost cows milk coloured, just slightly thicker...

The lecithin I was initially using was about 6 months old, unopened, and kept in the fridge since I come across this thread in about January, I was yet to purchase the US Cleaner until last week, so I think my failures might come down to the lecithin going off, although the used by date is good until August, I think it spoiled...

This was a double batch, I haven't had a chance to test for encapsulation yet, but I think its worked out simply because its very noticeably less sour than than my previous efforts

I actually had to run this batch in the US Cleaner for about an hour (temp never rose above 33c) to achieve these results, seeing its a double batch, this seems about right to me, considering there is double the ingredients to encapsulate, or is this overkill?
edit on 9-7-2013 by beechness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

yep, sounds like you got it right this time around. Let us all know how this effects you. Interesting to hear all the testimonials.

I actually had to run this batch in the US Cleaner for about an hour (temp never rose above 33c) to achieve these results, seeing its a double batch, this seems about right to me, considering there is double the ingredients to encapsulate, or is this overkill?

The less fluid/mix you have in the Ultrasonic cleaner, the better the encapsulation. I've been playing around with doing one batch but split in two as far as sonicating for 30 mins, and found almost no foam(just a little) w/ the baking soda test and can barely taste any acidity.

I will try to split 1 batch up into four ...sonicating each for 30 mins to see if I can get zero foam on the reaction test.

Just play around with methods, techniques, etc til you get it right........and find your own way.

Cheers!!!! (Chugs a 3 ounce shot glass of lipo C on your behalf)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hi again,

I'm going to see if I can properly post a response to my first post....

First, I chose to buy the Ultrasonic Cleaner from Amazon.ca....this one:
ecx.images-amazon.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Harbor Freight proved not to be Canadian "friendly"....that is it took over two days for them to come up with an S&H quote which was expensive and hadn't yet factored in the Customs Brokerage fees...meanwhile Amazon.ca had it at my door within two days...

The main difference is that the Harbor Freight 'better' version @$79.99 comes with a heater and is rated at 160 Watts and has a capacity of 2.5 litres....

I think that this Harbor Freight version is likely more robust and at a better price....unfortunately the shipping costs would have been prohibitive....

I find that the Optima is a pretty good runner up...60 watts (most light duty US Cleaners seem to be rated at around 35 Watts)....

It does run hot but I don't have a good thermometer yet....it seems to be the Ultrasonic Modules generating the heat....

Does anyone else have a hot running Ultrasonic Cleaner...are they all like this or do I have a problem...?

I'm going to post this and then see how I'm doing with my compositional skills...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The Optima Ultrasonic Cleaner has proven to be a small, 1.375 litre hot running unit...it's Much smaller than it appeared in the images....

I've used it 3 or 4 times now....the first time was a foamy mess....then I came to my senses and step-by-stepped it to great success....

1. One cup/250 ml very hot H20 (distilled)
Three level Tbsps granular Non GMO Soy Lecithin
Dissolve lecithin in the hot water with a blender...I'm using my high powered Breville blender to great effect here....

Refrigerate overnight

2. 1/2 Cup lukewarm H2O (distilled) mixed with one level Tbsp Ascorbic Acid crystals....

Shake and blend Vit C mix until completely dissolved...

Next day, combine the Lecithin solution with the Vitamin C solution and give a solid whiz in the blender....

I think this part is crucial to good Lysosomal Vitamin C...the whizzing, that is...the Vit C, Lecithin, and water all equally dispersed but not yet Lysosomed....

I find that my Lysosomal C is now virtually foam free with a 'smear' of Lecithin on the bottom of the tank...no separation even after 4 days in the fridge...

Here's the data from Amazon...:
Product Description

Amazon.com
Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner Optima 420 With Stainless Steel Tank and Cooling Fan. Great for Scientific Labs, Medical, Parts and Dental Clinics, Jewelry Cleaning Model: CD-4800Professional cleaning power is available in this simple to use, small and well priced unit. This ultrasonic is designed for home and professional use, with enough power and durability to be used in a jewelry store. Simply add clean, distilled water to the tank, some jewelry cleaner concentrate (included), and place your jewelry in the tray. Start the cleaning cycle, and watch as your jewelry is cleaned the simple, professional way! You'll be pleased as dirt, body oil, soap scum, dead skin, and other filmy substances are loosened and removed in a matter of minutes. Features: Applications:Specifications: High Power Transducer for Superior Cleaning Results * Large Tank Capacity for Professional Cleaning * Isolated-Circuit Design: Keeps Water Away from Circuit for Enhanced Safety * First Ultrasonic Cleaner to Introduce Cooling Fan for Prolonged Operation * Quiet, Solid-State Circuitry * Professional Cleaning: Great Cleaning Device for Scientific Labs, Medical and Dental Clinics, Electronics Workshops, Jewelry Store * Hobbyists: Electronics Components, Mechanical Parts, Firearms, Golf Clubs * Personal Care: Jewelry, Watches Straps and Bands, Glasses, Dentures, Toothbrushes, Table-ware * Ultrasonic Frequency 42,000 Hz * Tank Material Stainless Steel * Tank Capacity 1,375 ml ( 2.4 pint ) * Timer 5 Cycles, with Digital Time Display * Power Supply AC 100 ~ 120V * Power 60 W * Unit Size 9 x 7 x 6 inches ( L x W x H ) * Tank Dimensions 6.75 x 5.38 x 2.75 inches * Weight 3.85 lbs. FREE CLEANING POWDER CONCENTRATE INCLUDED!

Back later,
Tarasco

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarasco

Does anyone else have a hot running Ultrasonic Cleaner...are they all like this or do I have a problem...?

Yes!!!. I've had 4 different models now and they all end up running hot after about 15-20 mins straight. I have a thermometer that I use and the mix never goes above 89 degrees F. Even the heaterless models end up running pretty warm just do to the process running

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I use the Liq. Sunflower Lecithin & here's my recipe...
4 Cups distilled water plus 8 tab Sunflower Liq Lecithin
1 c distilled water plus 6 tab Vit C
1 c distilled water plus 6 tab sodium bicarbonate

I heat hot water bath in a large bowl in the microwave to put the jars in
to heat up the lecithin at ~ 100 to 105 degrees. I then pour it into the blender
& blend on high for ~ 5 min while the Vit C & Sodium Bicarb are being shaken
& placed in & out of the warm water bath just enough to help dissolving & not
heating up. I then pour the lecithin into the cleaner & then blend the Vit C &
Sodium Bicarb together. Then pour & stir that in with the lecithin & I do
3 rounds of 8 min sometimes 4. I do monitor the temp & it usually stays at 90 degrees.

I store mine in green wine bottles in the fridge. No separations, smooth & not sour.
I just upped my dose to 3 oz three times a day.

This "Magic Fluid" has been just that...I will be having a hip replacement very soon
& I am too young to have such severe arthritis in me hip. I could barely walk prior to
starting this regime & it has enabled me to be able to get around with alot less pain
& fewer collapses.

I decided to up the dose when seeing RedCairo & Julie Washington's updated
post in regards to neurology & LET C.

I will make arrangements with the hospital so that I can bring the LET C with me.
If they will not allow it, then I will make an unrefrigerated batch so someone can
bring it to me.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 11-7-2013 by Ektar because: missed name

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This is a little bizarre, and I never considered that this might have any relationship to the stuff, but the massive 'red bumps' (keratosis pilaris officially) all over the back of my upper arms have vanished. There is still a small path near the topside of the arm but they aren't bumps anymore there just coloring so I think they're going away. I've had this longer than I can remember. Most middle aged or older women I know do.

I wouldn't have noticed at all (how often does anybody look at the backs of their arms?) but my teenager has often commented on this, and then the other day freaked out all amazed because they were gone. I HAD noticed that my upper arms seemed "smoother" but since my upper forearms are still pretty dry and bumpy I figured I was just imagining it though.

She was so amazed and impressed by this -- and by what she says is "how much nicer and happier and more energetic you are when you're taking the stuff" -- basically she seems to like me better when I do, which is not a coincidence since I am more positive and patient and like her better during that too LOL -- she actually offered to give me the money out of her paypal to buy the larger 2.5 litre machine (as I usually under-dose because I don't have much and don't want to make more every bleeping day).

She is normally hard to even talk out of 20 bucks for groceries SHE wants before my payday, so this left me simply "agog" about it, but she seems to be a lot more emotionally vested in how awesome it is than I am, go figure.

Just thought I'd mention it.

PJ

PS I suppose it might be related to some of the skin-trivia in the lecithin posts I made a page back, like these:

Lecithin increases the skin metabolism and disposal of toxin wastes. ... Psoriasis is apparently due, at least in part, to a faulty utilization of fat ... (with) lecithin ... psoriasis clears up. ... Lecithin can be used topically to treat sunburns, minor skin irritations, scrapes, and to soften dry skin...

edit on 13-7-2013 by RedCairo because: I can't type worth a damn

edit on 13-7-2013 by RedCairo because: wanted to add a quote

new topics

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join