It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
CORPUS CHRISTI — Police are looking for a man accused of biting a teen on the neck Wednesday night.
Officers met with the 16-year-old who was being treated at Driscoll Children’s Hospital after 11 p.m. The teen told police he was walking down Shoreline Boulevard when he accidentally bumped into a Hispanic man between 20 and 25 years old. The teen said the man attacked him, bit him on the neck, breaking the skin and ran off, police said.
Police are looking for a man standing 5 feet 8 inches tall with brown hair.
Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at 888-8477 or submit a tip online at www.888TIPS.com.
Originally posted by Ben81
Vampire in Corpus Christi? Teen bitten on neck by man
Originally posted by christafinias
so if this is some rage virus....what do we do? surely doing something now before its to late would be the best option or do we just sit and wait see how it plays out?
Here's my disaster plan with footnotes (Footnotes in here) so you can begin to construct your very own disaster plan. I live in Bergen County, New Jersey- so my disaster plans reflect my area, that where you do your customization.
6. ELECTRICITY CRISIS -Immediately go to store and stock up on non perishables, water, extra gasoline, and anything you may need. Prepare for the worst. For instance if a solar flare was large enough it could put the whole east coast in the dark, for months. All our parts are made in other countries and would take weeks to months to fix. Their priority would be their country first which would put us back into the stone age. Create your plan and be careful when picking what you will do, staying indoors and letting the professionals handle whatever is going on outside is the best bet. Major disaster's will leave the highway systems packed, and most likely you won't be able to get out unless you know what your doing. Next week I'll be blogging about preferred methods of transportation in times like these.
-Remain home, if not home get home. (Most people would choose to evacuate to safe areas before hand)
-Create & stay in safe room (Choose room with few windows)
-Monitor news & weather with handheld radio
-Wait for 'storm' to pass
-Access damage, staying home if possible, seeking shelter via FEMA/O.E.M./CDC if staying where you are is no longer an optionl.
I knew I wasn't going to make it through these stories without some mention of zombies. In this blog post I will be discussing the threat the looms in the distance, the coming solar flares or CME's of 2012-13, and an entirely random article I found on National Geographic a couple weeks ago. What links them you ask? The Cycle Rickshaw or as it's better known The Pedicab.
Most people don't know that the sun ultimately controls whether or not our electricity continues to function properly, but it does. A powerful solar flare could literally wipe out an entire electrical grid taking weeks or even months to repair. Don't believe me? Click Here, because it's happened before. That solar storm may be very small in comparison to what is coming.
In 2012 we will be heading into our next solar peak. Seeing as though recently solar activity has been more powerful then it was previously, scientists as well as NASA have warned the the coming flares may have an effect on our electricity grid. So lets jump right into the doomsday scenario:
You're home and it's the morning, year 2012, you are minding your own business as breaking news hits the TV. "A Massive Solar Flare has occurred knocking out..." and then the TV shuts off. But then you start to realize its not just the TV it's everything. Nothing in your house works, so you go outside for answers. In the streets your greeted by hundred maybe even thousands of citizens who are wondering exactly what you are "What the # just happened??!?!" But no one seems to know the answer. As a person who's experienced a blackout before you head to the store to stock up on supplies, yeah- you and about a million other people. Greeted with massive lines and enraged people you realize your chances of getting everything you need are extremely low. From the back of the store someone shouts. And than another, and than another. And before you can even realize it you're in the middle of a riot and wherever you turn there's widespread panic. You make your way out of the store only to realize that this might be the end. You didn't see it coming this way, but hey that's Murphy's law for ya. You decide in this chaos your best bet is to head home and wait for some kind of information from the Government. But how will you get such information? How will the government get such information? Surely the President is sitting in his dark oval office asking his team the very same question "What do we do?".
It's this type of scenario that disgusts and enrages me. Please excuse my arbitrary self-proclaimed reporting skills, if what I write bothers you- feel free to leave. Very few people are even prepared for #ing tomorrow. The world has a "We'll take it as it comes" view nowadays. Good Luck with that. Whilst you are in panic, I'll be living it up with my extensive disaster kit complete with a seemingly endless supply of water, playing with my iPhone, and figuring out what going on for myself. 'Cause that's what kind of person Disaster Girl is, I am determined to be a survivor.
So what method of transportation will you chose? Probably your car. Sure you'll have gas for a little while, but I bet you didn't know that the pump they use at the stations are run using ELECTRICITY. Wow, whodda thunk it? So while your kicking and screaming at the gas station I'll be peddling by on my Pedicab, complete with two back seats for the fam.
In times of an electricity crisis or zombie apocalypse, you are going to want a form of transportation that is small (cars will likely be abandoned on the street, making them inaccessible to larger vehicles), can be maneuvered easily, and of course is self powered. If you're just one person, I still recommend this- you may want to help someone along the way. Even if you don't consider helping someone else out, you'll still need the back for all your supplies.
P.F.S. The Government will come around eventually, although by the time help does come it will probably make the Katrina response time look good.
xoxo disaster girl
1. Human Rabies / Mutated / Airborne Rabies - This theory stipulates that these 'attackers' all had a form of rabies, whether it be animal bite related rabies, a mutated version of animal rabies, or an airborne form of rabies. This theory also argues that both animal behavior as well as human behavior should be monitored, and is supported by the fact that animal attacks have been on the rise, these attacks not limited to dogs only, but rats, dolphins, sharks, skunks, monkey's, cats, etc. It is also supported by the fact that in 95% of the states that have had human biting attacks there has either been a found case of rabies or warnings had been issued. by local officials. The behavior of animals and humans infected with rabies also fit the exhibited symptoms of the attackers. Mutating rabies is also tied to warmer weather. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
2. Synthia Bacterium - In this theory, the Synthia engineered life that was put into the Gulf of Mexico following the BP oil disaster is the cause. Theoretically making it's way through the ecosystem by being recycled into rain water and deposited on land- it infect a humans body. No known signs or symptoms as this is new engineered life created in a laboratory. Supporting it is the fact that the parasite the lab used as a shell for Synthia is a human sexually transmitted disease that is extremely hard to cure with antibiotics. This parasite also has the capability to 'inject' itself into another cell in an effort to hide itself from immune responses. No known effects on the environment, animal life and human life are known to date. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
3. Combo 'Zombie' Virus / Bacteria - This theory involves several viruses, bacterias, and parasites- engineered into one virus to get the symptoms of many all rolled into one. The main components being rabies and flu and adding other viruses to get other 'desired' effects. This theory is only backed by the fact that scientific research could create such a thing, and that it probably already exists in labs. Such viruses have already been addressed as not of being plausible but relatively easy to engineer in a lab in several big media sources including NatGeo. The question of this is not "If" but in actuality "When". [ Resource 1, Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
4. Drug Induced Psychosis - This theory stipulates many things. First it says that these events may be the cause of 'bath salts' or 'synthetic drugs' alone. It also states that the drugs themselves many be tainted or have something in it they 'shouldn't'. This theory is incredibly hard to prove as most of these drugs do not show up on drugs tests, and the 'product' would likely have been 'used' before the event occurred. Many cases also show no concrete evidence of drug use. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
5. Human Evolution/Devolution / 'Changes' In Human Behavior / Non-Earth Environmental Factors - This heading is more of a result of many theorized causes. The causes are: Unknown Effects of Galactic Cloud on Humans, Solar Flare Effects on Humans, as well as changes in humans evolutionary consciousness, whether the effect be a negative or a positive. This theory as well is very hard to prove concretely as all of these things are not commonly researched- although some examples can be found for some. It is also impossible to tell that if we are evolving, what exactly we are evolving into, which is the biggest thing in making this theory work. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
6. Biblical Prophecies / 2012 Prophecies - This says that these events 'support' the idea that the world is 'coming to an end'. It also states that these events fall in line with biblical prophecies. Highly speculative, and completely unable to support with any tangible evidence. A vast majority of the 'support' ranges from things that are often left completely to interpretation. I usually steer clear of biblical stuff, but I will provide resource anyway. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
7. Excess of Media Coverage - This theory states that these events are not special at all. That the Miami incident proved to media that the fans 'love this stuff' and 'want to hear about it' which has caused a plethora of reports to come out. It also stipulates that these events happening at this frequency may also be in the realm of normality. As well as stipulating that cannibalism and cannibalistic attacks are fairly common and a large part of human history., It also blames the media for the knowledge of such events, with so many forms now readily available every bit of news that can get out will. I am currently working on biting/eating statistics and will update this when my research is completed. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3]
8 Toxoplasmosis Gondii - This theory is of a little known fact about humans as a species. There is a species of parasitic protozoa that lives in about half of the humans here on Earth. In the brains of animals it attaches itself to a rodent and controls its actions and allows the rodent to be eaten easily so that it can reach it's intended destination of a cat. Theories have cited that if it affects rodents this way there is a possibility of it effecting humans that way whether by evolving or mutating in order to effect a different host. The fact that it already lives in so many human brains alludes to the grave possibility of mutation and any effects the parasite already has as it has been linked to schizophrenia. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4, Resource 5]
9 Mad-Cow Disease Variant / Prion - This postulates that mad cow disease has changed in someway that allows it to better infect humans or that another prion disease is the cause. As mad-cow disease does affect the brain it is in the realm of possible, though far off from being entirely provable. Mad cow disease is already the blame of one variant, Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease which accounts for several symptoms that are present in these cases including: Changes in Walking, Confusion, Dementia, Hallucinations, Nervous Jumpy Feelings, Changes in Personality, Aggressive Behavior, Dangerous Behaviors. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
10 'Zombie' Gun - This theory is based on the relatively new news that has come out of Russia. Russian President Putin had apparently requested that scientists work on a 'zombie gun' for him. While this many seems like a unworthy cause or theory, it shows that science is working on ways to build such devices and usually for Defense contractors working for Governments. It also shows that creating "zombies" is not on a No list for Governments. Aren't all countries competing against each other in areas like these? [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3]
11 American Trypanosomiasis or Chagas Disease - This theory stems from the new research and media prominence of Chagas Disease - often billed as "The New AIDS". Chagas Disease, also known as American Tryanosomiasis already effects millions of people worldwide. It has also been linked to the African Nodding Disease which show many of the symptoms associated with the events including but probably not limited to: "zombie-like" movements, inability to form cohesive thoughts, inability to care for oneself, bouts of anger and attack. In Africa, nodding disease mostly affects children. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
12 CDC Leak / Lab Leak - This theory states that the newly media introduced coverage of CDC building problems may be the cause. Over the last couple of month a couple of CDC facilities had problems with their ventilation systems, and these problems are now being looked at by Congress. It also states leaks in other facilities, such as the medical equipment that was thrown out and then stolen as supporting evidence in a growing scandal that these facilities do not take proper care of things and often make what could be considered horrible mistakes. [Resource 1 , Resource 2 , Resource 3 , Resource 4 , Resource 5]
13 Other Less Notable Theories - Morgellons Disease, Seoul Virus, Borna Virus, Kuru Disease.