It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

afrikan researchers studies of afterlife please watch!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
please watch from 6 mins please.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1jBIoKnJIc
the man has a death certificate!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My phones bein slow just sum it up.....I don't feel like watchin

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Now i will watch

thanks for sharing
edit on 5/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The vid is probably good but the religious dogma was making my mind wander elsewhere...didnt make it through much.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
basically the guy dies. sees heaven and then sees hell. but is brought back to earth to testify what he seen. he cAme back to life in front of many many people. thousands of people.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmw93
basically the guy dies. sees heaven and then sees hell. but is brought back to earth to testify what he seen. he cAme back to life in front of many many people. thousands of people.

So this is not different of people claims that there is afterlife.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
omg this story is amazing i wish i was there. will you who don't believe begin to study these events to help save your soul?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tmw93

Since this is an almost 2 year old thread the video is naturally no longer viewable, but I am guessing this is the typical NDE stuff.

My response would be have you considered some of the alternative explanations -

Wiki: Hypoxia. When the brain is deprived of oxygen some common symptoms occur which do sound a lot like many descriptions of NDE's - euphoria and overconfidence even in the face of imminent death, cognitive impairment, a tunnel of light (caused by darkening of the peripheral vision due to lack of blood flow), hallucinations, feeling of being detached etc.

Then there is the God Helmet -

Wiki: The God Helmet

Near death experiences explained by new study?

REM Intrusion

Etc,

There are so many things we do not yet understand about the brain, we are still just scratching the surface. Before reaching for a supernatural explanation, hadn't we better eliminate the natural explanations first?

edit on RAmerica/Chicago31000000Sat, 17 May 2014 04:04:14 -05005-0500fCDT04 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Because moar

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

NONE of those explanations come close

to explaining all the miraculous factoids in Colton Burpo's narrative of his visit to Heaven [and hell] told in

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.

Groping for a conventional explanation for supernatural events is the opposite of applying Ocham's razor fittingly.

In Colton's case, the simplest explanation is that he experienced what he said he experienced just as he described it.

His parents had NOT TOLD ANYONE of their stillbirth. They did not even know the sex of the dead fetus. The mother was shocked to her core when while playing one day approx 4 year old Colton started talking about his "other sister."

Mom: You mean Cassy?

C: NO! My OTHER sister.

Mom: You mean your cousin _____?

C: NO!!!!! My OTHER sister--the one who died in your tummy!

That got her attention real fast.

Even though she 'hugged him too much' in Heaven--he not being "the huggy type,"--he still missed her.

He also SAW his dad praying alone in a small room--actually--yelling angrily at God.

He SAW his Dad's mother's Dad in Heaven. He did not recognize him from pictures of him as an old man. He did recognize him from pics of when he was 30 years old. Colton had never been told anything about his deceased great granddad. There had been no occasion to and Colton was just considered too young.

And, he knew details from that heavenly dialogue with "POPS," of his Dad's relationship with Dad's granddad that he had MOST DEFINITELY not been told. . . . e.g. their habit of going off together shooting rabbits.

NO amount of brain chemistry tales can account for such facts.

Sometimes the super rationalists are just absurdly silly in their groping for explanations that will bail them out of having to accept the supernatural as real.

= = =

Yes, I'm aware of the experiments.

They are simply wholesale INADEQUATE to explain such details as Colton related.

Another famous such case described a tennis shoe high in the operating room on the top of a heating/cooling duct. Sure enough, it was found just exactly where the patient said it was from seeing it as he rose out of his body on the operating table.

edit on 17/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 17/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

yawn

The Berean Call, a Christian ministry and newsletter criticises the lack of any medical evidence the boy was clinically dead during the surgery

Critical review by Susan Jacoby - ‘Heaven is for real’ and the immature American mind

This book, and its commercial success, remind us again of the effectiveness of religious indoctrination early in life. They recall the truth of the Jesuit saying, “Give me a child until he is seven, and I will show you the man.” Can there possibly be any child raised by devout Christian parents who does not, well before kindergarten, have images of winged beings and puffy clouds embedded in his or her brain? Small children believe in Santa Claus for the same reason--because their parents, whom they love, teach them to believe in Santa. The difference is that, at an appropriate age, parents admit that the Santa story isn’t true. They never admit, however, that heaven is the same sort of story.

What is truly disturbing about this book’s huge commercial success is that it attests to the prevalence of unreason among vast numbers of Americans. (The book is way down in the ranks on Amazon.com in the United Kingdom.) The Americans buying the book are the same people fighting the teaching of evolution in public schools. They are probably the same people who think they can reduce the government deficit without either paying higher taxes or cutting the military budget, Social Security and Medicare benefits. In this universe of unreason, two plus two can equal anything you want and heaven is not only real but anything you want it to be. At age four, the inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality is charming. Among American adults, widespread identification with the mind of a preschooler is scary.

edit on RAmerica/Chicago31000000Sat, 17 May 2014 05:04:46 -05005-0500fCDT05 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: ..

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I didn't find that those perspectives held much water. They came across to me as a vain and futile effort at cobbling together yet another flimsy effort to deny the supernatural.

Have you read the book?

I haven't read any remotely adequate other explanation for the examples I cited from the book.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

To me, the maximum immaturity is throwing a 2 year old fit at age 50 at the very idea of the supernatural because one wants to protect one's rebellions and . . . acting out behaviors.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You leave out in your post the fact that his dad was an Evangelist Pastor from Nebraska. That kid has obviously been indoctrinated from birth, no wonder he sees jesus and angels and fluffy clouds and things.

There is no evidence he was even clinically dead.

And with the way the story has been sold and the type of people involved, along with the money generated it's hard not to regard this as a bit of a cynical money making exercise preying on the gullibility of ppl who want to believe in this sort of thing. It's a publishers dream, since having a child as subject not only adds a new twist, but it cuts through the normal cynacism most people would employ when regarding the genre.

Don't be guillible. Instead of taking people at there word, try employing a little critical thinking.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

My critical thinking skills are usually described as above average.

None of your explanations deals remotely rationally with the facts of the examples I cited from the story.

Distraction, displacement, rationalization etc. are not solid ways to cope with the facts of the personal experiences related in the story.

The cynical descriptions of the family are NOT ACCURATE to the family individuals' personal psychologies nor to their relationships with each other or with the community.

PRETENDING something is true is NOT the same thing as 'making it' true.

DENIAL of reality is not a great survival skill.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I don't see that the failure of the medical establishment to declare him clinically dead is a big deal.

God chose to have him in Heaven for 3.2 minutes (earth time), IIRC.

I figure God can do that regardless of the state of his body.

But go ahead and keep telling God what HE CAN AND CANNOT DO. I'm sure He'll be greatly impressed with your description of "reality."

/sarc

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I prefer the scientific post from the other day where it was thought that our soul goes onto another universe and another 'body'. I have always had an inner feeling that our actions actually generate/charge the universe.

Heaven and hell were put together simply to make the people obey the priests and pay them their weekly dues.

If you were going to maintain a hell, it has to be physically there and you in your body physically there, in order to suffer. As you know the body rots or is burned, what can be hurt and made to suffer? Its the same argument against heaven you can't enjoy physical things in heaven such as the potty ideas of X virgins waiting for you - in fact that could be one's idea of hell if you hadn't got your body working properly! Heaven and hell are kindergarten level thinking.

Eternal rewards and punishments don't ever measure up to pure contentment - but would you get bored?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I don't see that the failure of the medical establishment to declare him clinically dead is a big deal.

Don't you think that it raises an issue with the internal logic of the original claim?

There is no evidence the boy actually died.

If the boy did not die, how could he go to heaven?

Of course the father, obviously faced with this cognitive dissonance, softened his claim post hoc somewhat spouting some biblical nonsense about Jesus allowing other non-dead people to experience heaven so therefore problem solved..

Looks like the parents were very credulous to everything the kid told them, and the kid likely embelished his tales over the years* to please them.

*Yes over the years. Most of the really crazy details of his trip to heaven came only years later.
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31000000Sat, 17 May 2014 06:03:02 -05005-0500fCDT06 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Because moar

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

NOPE. Wrong again.

1. Some of the most startling details came out first.

2. Many people have had Heavenly visitations, visions, dreams without having any illness at all.

3. IIRC, Colton himself was not crystal clear on whether he died, or not. I think at one point, in the face of his dad kind of insisting that he must have died, Colton said something like--"Well maybe but only for a little while."

4. It doesn't sound like you are well read on the phenomenon. And, yet, without appearing to be well read on topic, you seem extremely confident at asserting what God can/can't, would/wouldn't do. Fascinating . . . slightly.

5. You still have not explained how Colton

(A) knew about his still born fetus sister that he had no other way of knowing about.

(B) knew about his great granddad's name and other accurate details of his life when he'd not been told anything about him.

(C) knew about the size of the room his father was praying in/shouting angrily at God in; as well as his mother being in a different room crying and praying.

(D) Colton was EXTREMELY stubborn and persistent about what he had experienced and did NOT allow his parents to distort or twist or adjust what he saw and experienced AT ALL. He told the raw truth as most little boys his age tend to do with their experiences. They were his experiences and he was not about to allow even his parents to tell him differently.

I'm sure it's uncomfortable for a lot of folks to face the reality that God and His universe may be constructed differently than they'd prefer.

Some folks are determined to be their own god and to avoid any submission to anyone else or any other god . . . even God Almighty.

Colton would NOT recommend such a stance by any stretch of the imagination. He actually could get rather hysterical about folks dying in such a stance.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Wow you're really stuck on this one thing, ok..

Forget the posturing for a moment, BO, let me just ask you this.

What evidence would it take to convince you that you are wrong about this story?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What evidence could convince you that

--the sun won't come up tomorrow?
--you aren't who you think you are?
--you don't have a body?
--there's no moon of earth?

I've read tons of such narratives. Some are more convincing than others. This is one of the better ones.

Besides that, my spirit leaped within me as I read it. It had the aroma, joy, delight of The Father and of My Lord in it.

So, the most rational answer is . . . nothing.

You will learn it is absolutely true. The only question is, will you learn that in time for that knowledge to do you any good.

edit on 17/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: added.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join