It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axelrod’s Anti-Romney Message Gets Drowned Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NYTimes story
May 31, 2012

Axelrod’s Anti-Romney Message Gets Drowned Out

One of the Obama campaign’s top strategists, David Axelrod, was talking to "supporters" at a news conference on Thursday on the steps of the Massachusetts Statehouse in Boston.

Trouble was, there didn't seem to be all that many "supporters" after all.

Axelrod's words were drowned out by Romney supporters who seemed to outnumber any Obama supporters that may have been there.

Loud and rowdy supporters of Mitt Romney in Boston drowned out an attempt by President Obama campaign’s top strategist to attack the former Republican governor on his home turf.

In a morning news conference on the steps of the Massachusetts Statehouse, David Axelrod, one of Mr. Obama’s senior strategists, tried mostly in vain on Thursday to level Mr. Obama’s latest broadside on Mr. Romney’s record as governor of the state.

Instead, he was booed, heckled and chanted down by supporters of Mr. Romney who refused to let up even for a moment as Mr. Axelrod and Democratic state lawmakers sought to make their case.

With cameras rolling, the Republican hecklers yelled “We Want Mitt!” and “Broken Record!” and held signs that said “Go Back to Chicago!” Mr. Axelrod appeared bemused but rattled by them, at one point saying: “You can shout down speakers my friends, but it’s hard to Etch A Sketch away the truth.”

You would think Axelrod of all people would know better !

CNN story with video

And I wonder why it was supposed to be a big secret ?

The event was supposed to have been a secret. The campaign did not announce Mr. Axelrod’s appearance in Mr. Romney’s hometown until early Thursday morning, although word of it leaked out on Twitter late Wednesday.

Once in Boston, what had been billed as a news conference had the intensity of a late-October political rally, complete with dueling signs, noisemakers and competing chants. At one point, Democratic supporters behind Mr. Axelrod chanted: “Let him talk! Let him talk!”

Another "Mistake" ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Leaked on Twitter? All leaks are always intentional. Just a bad plan that backfired. Obama's handlers have never been that impressive. His speech writers often have him taking different stands on the same issues, sometimes in the same day. How smart can they be?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

With cameras rolling, the Republican hecklers yelled “We Want Mitt!” and “Broken Record!” and held signs that said “Go Back to Chicago!” Mr. Axelrod appeared bemused but rattled by them, at one point saying: “You can shout down speakers my friends, but it’s hard to Etch A Sketch away the truth.”

That is hilarious it really is Go back to Chicago!!!! voters can be mean we all know this all I got to say is I agree!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hey look those are Romney supporters!!!!

In all seriousness. Nothing Obama has tried this time around is working very well for him. The only reason Obama has votes is because of the huge momentum and following he gained last time.
edit on 31-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
but the same could be said for Romney I guess....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They also chanted - Where are the jobs? !!! -

Then a long slow chant ---- S O L Y N D R AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

over and over.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
is ATS really full of Obama supporters? I wonder why this thread isn't more popular. My Anti-Obama thread became huge in just the past few days. But it didn't mention Romney...
edit on 1-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You mean a bunch of Romney's clowns showed up to make trouble?

Surreee.

Elect Mittens and watch WW3 unfold much faster.

You think it's bad under Obama? It's about to get worse!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

This site isn't a popularity contest.

It certainly is a magnet for the loonies though.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

This site isn't a popularity contest.

I think you should tell that to some passionate political people on here. I was quite shocked that my thread about my opinion of Obama got nearly 80 Flags by now. It's just my opinion of his book, with a different catchier title, because I made almost the same thread a month ago with a different title and it wasn't near as popular. I'm gonna suggest, the OP change his title!

If he cared about popularity points. Which I certainly do not.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You weren't shocked.

You're just another partisan troll.

You have plenty of company from Obama trolls (BlueStatePatriot) and Ron Paul trolls (too many to name).

None of you "get it" in regard to the left-right fallacy.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You weren't shocked.

You're just another partisan troll.

You have plenty of company from Obama trolls (BlueStatePatriot) and Ron Paul trolls (too many to name).

None of you "get it" in regard to the left-right fallacy.

Well in short of liberal brainwashing, the whole world is never going to agree on much of anything. The Global Warming UN Meetings are a clear picture of what happens when governments of the world come together to try to agree on global tax schemes
If the game keeps playing let the game keep playing. I can play the game with them. Too bad you cant

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

This can't be true, haven't you heard, ATS has proven no one likes Mitt.

Mitt Romney 2012 since America was too stupid to get him in office last time.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
is ATS really full of Obama supporters? I wonder why this thread isn't more popular. My Anti-Obama thread became huge in just the past few days. But it didn't mention Romney...

It's not popular because Romney beat RP, so now ATS hates Romney.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Ooh, you just used the "L" word.

Troll indeed.

Seriously, do us all a favor and go crawl back under your bridge.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ooh, you just used the "L" word.

Troll indeed.

Seriously, do us all a favor and go crawl back under your bridge.

Nothing I said was false but just because you cannot comprehend the two party system doesn't mean that the context of my post was wrong. But since you reverted to personal insults after two posts there really is no point in continuing the conversation.

new topics

top topics

join