It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the world look like in 2052?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

oh not that doom? sorry.

I think Earth will become one massive city/planetary state eventually, under 1 system of governance etc..
perhaps not in 2052, but eventually...

we are already in the beginning steps..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Let me chuckle for a bit. Does anybody realize what kind of computers we had 40 years ago? Don't mean to burst anybody's bubble over their technology prophet but we weren't exactly running all powerful mainframes back then. For example, look below. Released in 1972. OMG, it was the latest thing out and could do ALL 10 numbers and even upper case characters. And this is if they were using the latest available.

"Intel´s 8008 microprocessor made its debut. A vast improvement over its predecessor, the 4004, its eight-bit word afforded 256 unique arrangements of ones and zeros. For the first time, a microprocessor could handle both uppercase and lowercase letters, all 10 numerals, punctuation marks, and a host of other symbols."

How about storage media? If they were top of the line they would be using the below but more than likely punch cards or tape. If you were top dollar you would be using those huge disk packs from IBM. Lol, 8 inch floppies. Unfortunately I remember these.

"IBM introduced the first commercial floppy drive in 1971. It worked with 8-inch flexible disks coated with a magnetic material and permanently encased in a plastic sheath.Users quickly recognized that, for loading data into computers, "

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Maybe they linked a few of these together in a cluster? ROFL... K, I'm gonna try and stop laughing now.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
Maybe they linked a few of these together in a cluster? ROFL... K, I'm gonna try and stop laughing now.

Texas Intrumemt

Ya remember having one off those cost me about 400.00 at the time 1974 or so
had to have one to keep up with the rest of the class
Radio Collage Of Canada in Toronto on King and Spidiana or something ha almost 40 year

Also had a univac card processer momery core was 1040 bit all little magnet circle with a few wire thru them to wright and erase the programing was hard wire on a rack about 3x3 feet square

edit on 31-5-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Lol. Lets ask the montaulk dudes

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
Let me chuckle for a bit. Does anybody realize what kind of computers we had 40 years ago? Don't mean to burst anybody's bubble over their technology prophet but we weren't exactly running all powerful mainframes back then. For example, look below. Released in 1972. OMG, it was the latest thing out and could do ALL 10 numbers and even upper case characters. And this is if they were using the latest available.

"Intel´s 8008 microprocessor made its debut. A vast improvement over its predecessor, the 4004, its eight-bit word afforded 256 unique arrangements of ones and zeros. For the first time, a microprocessor could handle both uppercase and lowercase letters, all 10 numerals, punctuation marks, and a host of other symbols."

How about storage media? If they were top of the line they would be using the below but more than likely punch cards or tape. If you were top dollar you would be using those huge disk packs from IBM. Lol, 8 inch floppies. Unfortunately I remember these.

"IBM introduced the first commercial floppy drive in 1971. It worked with 8-inch flexible disks coated with a magnetic material and permanently encased in a plastic sheath.Users quickly recognized that, for loading data into computers, "

...and math changes how? Math 40 years ago in an algorithm is good today. What does the computing power or hardware have to do with mathematics - which this scenario is constructed on??????

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Originally posted by MorkandMindy
reply to post by pityocamptes

nanu nanu

there are 7 billion humans and there is more space left for many more years, the human race will never go far as filling up the planet with this corrupted system they are living in. no math no years of education

the agenda is to obscure,

I hate to say this but you have no clue what you are talking about. We have already exceeded carry capacity based on RESOURCES. Unless of course you desire to live in a mud hut. Oh, and lets not forget OIL and fuel which has artificially created MORE food than nature can provide...

nanu nanu

I don't hate to say this but you sound like a echo from somewhere, resources, mud huts all comes down to survival not gadgets and trash tv.

resources on this planet are controlled for profit human, the hemp seed could fix that problem.

nice points by the way human

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
want all the clean energy u could ever need and probably got a 5 billion year supply try making solar panels that are at least 50 percent efficient. i read that the amount of solar energy hitting a acre of land per second was equal to a one kiloton nuke . if you can find away to harness the suns energy efficiently you will have billions of years of virtually limitless energy. a lady down the street from me has a field behind her house filled with solor panels she told me she rarely ever has to pay for electricity and when rest of us were without power from a hurricane last year for 4 days she had plenty of power

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

nanu nanu

Yes if the humans can find a way to remove the dictating system they are living in (talking about the whole freaking planet), the resources wouldn't even be a problem. free energy (cheaper energy 0o!!) is hidden and locked away, been hidden many times actually doh!

and all the ignorant humans could wake the hell up and stop pushing their weak echo on the awaken ones..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm very worried for the future . But I live in the "NOW" and i'm not blind to what's going on in the world around me . It's easy to forget about the real things that matter. And worry about pointless crap that makes your life more stressed taking your mind off what really matters in the World .

The economy and food supply are big issues right now . instead of 40 years from now . focus on the next 5 years .

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Still no flying cars.

All new cars will be hybrids.

Only three superpowers, the US, China, and the EU.

The Arabs and Jews will still be fighting over the same damned patch of land.

Almost everything in the US will be owned by either the Middle East or China.

Massive socialization in the US similar to same industries in the EU.

Our elections will still be between two idiots, neither of which are decent candidates, both of which are the products of privileged upbringings and Ivy League schools.

Corporations will have even more overt control over government and our lives.

The only small businesses will be niche' stores that simply wouldn't work on a large scale.

Printed books are relegated to "antiques".

Multi-tiered highways are commonplace.

The rich can buy tickets to go into Earth orbit.

We've landed a man on Mars, and established an outpost.

A small base is on the Moon. (largely a staging platform for Mars missions).

The economy is in gradual increase after years of a slow decline, due to the cycle still existing, just being longer between ups and downs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join