It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who go overboard with conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Know any?

I know a couple of friends who just seem to think there is always something sinister behind everything!

Weather it be secret societies, religion, media etc. etc.
One in particular is synchronicity. A friend seems to be obsessed with black birds and will pretty relate anything to them!
I wont go into detail but just thought i would put it out there to hear other peoples views.

When is enough enough? Don't get me wrong i have very strong beliefs in all the above but i think it takes over some peoples minds/lives but in saying that i know i choose to switch off sometimes and not care about what is really going on or what maybe happening in the world which some may call ignorant?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Know any?

about 93% of the individuals i come across on ATS

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There's a difference between conspiracy theories and the truth. If scary to see how much information is out there to prove a lot of theories.

There are people who have admitted to killing off mass birds of different species. Forgot who they are but I do remember reading the post on ATS.

As of the weather, I do think they f**ked up at least the middle Americas weather pattern this winter. Ticks were able to hatch because the frost never got deep enough into the ground. Ticks and Lymes are now on the raise meaning big drug companies have more costumers to sell poison too. Population control is now in high gear.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EndWise

Unfortunately...there are a lot of real conspiracies that have happened in history and are happening now.

However...some things in life are just what they seem to be.

It is really challenging to wade through all the conspiracy theories and decide which is true and which is not.

Many times I just pull the plug and go for a walk...read a good book...sing a song....watch a move...eat a delicious meal with a friend.

Everyone has their own personal (stress limit) and sometimes a person just needs to pull back for their own sanity!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You do know ... no matter whats said about a 'conspiracy' ... its starts will some truth.
I look at this through the lens of quantum physics...

meaning.. some particles don't exist or behave differently unless observed.

You can apply this to any conspiracy... in the context that ..

Unless you dig for the truth, you wont find any.

There is always a beginning ... its up to us to find the end result.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

So, when all is said and done, it this your way of telling the OP that you are one of them?

OP: I know LOTS, unfortunately.....I DO believe that some things bear a higher degree of scrutiny, but I definitely don't buy into every scenario present to me

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EndWise

People are people. Some people get pretty deep in conspiracies. Some go over the edge. But, it's not unlike anything else out there. Maybe your friends think you're too deep into watching NASCAR or football or wrestling or Dancing With the Stars or Survivor or America's Got Talent. There are thousands of outlets for our interests and it's probably wrong for anyone to be overly critical of someone else's preference. For you, your friends might be too far into conspiracies. Why be judgmental like that?

Again, in our modern age, some people lose themselves in Facebook and Twitter. Others play World of Warcraft (or other games) until they stink and pass out from lack of sleep. Other people get into triathalons or marathons and are forever training for the next one. Point is: TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING can be a bad thing. Another point: Who is to say how much is too much?

Specifically about conspiracies: you will find that the more you look, the more you research, the more you read, the more you study, the more you become open-minded and less dismissive before looking into a "conspiracy theory," you will discover that there is FAR MORE GOING ON than you were previuosly aware.

Once you realize that things are really not how the government and mainstream media portray them, and that (yes) we have been lied to by both in the past, you may want to find out what is really going on. This is called in these circles "Waking Up." Frank Herbert of DUNE fame said it best: "The Sleeper must awaken."

You'll know when you are awake in this sense. And then, possibly (probably) you may want to apologize to your friends. In fact, you may want to look into things with them. Who knows.

Conspiracies aren't everywhere. But there is a level of perception gained when you awaken, and then you'll start seeing the real world, and not just the shadows on the cave wall.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

And in reply to "caladonea"

Totally agree with you both but there does come a time when you just have to switch off and chill for sure.

But It is a blessing to have an awareness of whats going on around us and to have a mind outside of the box, to question what is happening in the world and the people/motives behind it rather than to be just another brain dead sheep.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
reply to post by EndWise

People are people. Some people get pretty deep in conspiracies. Some go over the edge. But, it's not unlike anything else out there. Maybe your friends think you're too deep into watching NASCAR or football or wrestling or Dancing With the Stars or Survivor or America's Got Talent. There are thousands of outlets for our interests and it's probably wrong for anyone to be overly critical of someone else's preference. For you, your friends might be too far into conspiracies. Why be judgmental like that?

Again, in our modern age, some people lose themselves in Facebook and Twitter. Others play World of Warcraft (or other games) until they stink and pass out from lack of sleep. Other people get into triathalons or marathons and are forever training for the next one. Point is: TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING can be a bad thing. Another point: Who is to say how much is too much?

Specifically about conspiracies: you will find that the more you look, the more you research, the more you read, the more you study, the more you become open-minded and less dismissive before looking into a "conspiracy theory," you will discover that there is FAR MORE GOING ON than you were previuosly aware.

Once you realize that things are really not how the government and mainstream media portray them, and that (yes) we have been lied to by both in the past, you may want to find out what is really going on. This is called in these circles "Waking Up." Frank Herbert of DUNE fame said it best: "The Sleeper must awaken."

You'll know when you are awake in this sense. And then, possibly (probably) you may want to apologize to your friends. In fact, you may want to look into things with them. Who knows.

Conspiracies aren't everywhere. But there is a level of perception gained when you awaken, and then you'll start seeing the real world, and not just the shadows on the cave wall.

You may have me wrong. I believe in conspiracies and a whole lot more! i know the government/media the higher powers are up to and always have been up to no good.

My friends and i would have different views on certain conspiracies/beliefs etc. and different views on the world and where it is heading and i am not judging them in fact they have judged me! it is one of my pet hates when someone with different beliefs or views to you straight up says your wrong and there way is right.
I am a strong believer in whatever makes someone happy then that is cool.

I was trying to touch on people who don't know when to switch off to the point you can't even have a normal conversation with them about football or nascar without them going on a rant.
Also on one person i know who seems to change is views/beliefs every other week.

Hope that clears it up a little.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Know any?

about 93% of the individuals i come across on ATS

Yes but 90% of those people were abducted by aliens so you are being discriminatory.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What if... What if the biggest conspiracy is...

there is no conspiracy at all?

oO

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

True and the other 10% are government shills, Argggg i don’t know who to believe.

new topics

top topics

join