It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your political ideology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hey, I was just reading a thread in which someone thought they should remind us that the Nazis were far right...

I personnally don't think it matters if they were far right or far left, as they both fall under strict Authoritarianism (if thats a word lol)..

I think it comes down to Authoritarian Vs Libertarian.

I'm well interested in seeing what political ideologies us ATSers have.

Please take this (some what accurate) polital test, to see where you would fall *if* you had to catorgorize your self:

www.politicalcompass.org...

The test shouldn't take longer than ten minutes, and I really would appreciate having some participents.

Here you can see how the test has evaluated its results, and shows that I fall under Left Libertarian:

I look forward to seeing the results

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
leave me alone,stay off my property,help your neighbor,and he'll help you,be self sufficient,dont force your ideals on any one,love yourself and others,punish wrong doers live with the earth as the creator intended!
simple enough?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Simple enough!
lol

Actually upon reflection... No.. It doesn't really cut the mustard, what you just said I'd fine, assuming you don't get affected by the outside world, but we all do, so we all need to contribute.. You missed out on how the economic system should be run, and country sovreignity, and the death penalty, and how exactly your creator wants yout to live

edit on 31-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I really hate being profiled and using labels, but people always do ask me where i stand... So I decided to take it

Im -5 , -5 which is middle left, middle libertarian...

According to the charts at the end of it, its along the lines of the Dalai Lama and Ghandi...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Good question, I am not shure actually, politics are not my thing, but from what there is I think the system we have now is not good, and I think most of os think that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Original conservative:
small gov't
justice for all
no pandering to "feelings" the left has that cost us trillions

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I consider myself Libertarian for now.. However, I am currently working to push my Meritocracy ideas.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Despite arguing politics for years, I dont really identify well with any ideology. However the test put me into centrist-libertarian position, and I guess it may be quite close.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well if I got this right, no one said anything about computer tech issues
:

Fairly accurate. I'm a Centrist.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Center Libertarian.

The only politician remotely close was Ron Paul and he was further to the right of my position in the center.

Amazing how most in politics are lumped more in the "fascism" part of the graph.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Really though, these days you are either pro humanity or anti humanity. The people who want more corrupt gov't are the real problem here.
I really don't like partisanship but I only see conservatives opposing the caged earth pipedream that liberals are pushing. I guess they are going to push everyone into war? I don't know as I can't understand the mentality of these inbred morons

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

well sinny, i know what you mean! 'in a perfect world....'
i'm not really politically affiliated at all really. i don't even vote,whats the point?
once upon a time it may have meant something,but now a days,NO!!!
'whoever you vote for,the government always gets in!'
i've tried hard to live outside the grid for the better part of 30 years.
no credit cards,no online banking or paying bills,no subscriptions,i pay for everything with cash(which will probably disappear soon!).
i realize you cannot live 'off the grid',that is impossible.
i just exist on the fringe.
even in the days of yore clans and tribes were fighting and overpowering others,not too much has changed since then.
as for my political views, theres too much politics.from the mayor all the way up to the leader of a country,there are way too many politicians. i think 'we the people' could probably manage our communities by ourselves much better than a govt. telling us how to do it. i also don't believe in career politicians,that should be illegal!
tell me how a well to do person with lots of money and connections be 'elected' (or lobbied to be elected by big business!) possibly 'know what its like' for the blue collar worker,or the poor?!!! bulls*%$#T!
i'm sure they don't get into politics for the good of the people,its greed. thats all. ron paul is all the buzz lately.
ya he may have good intentions,but i'm sure hes not looking to re-write the whole system. he will work within it,plus make money.
there is another famous president that made a lot sparklely promises. non of which has come to fruition!
i believe his catch fraise was "yes we can!"
we just didn't know what he meant by that until it was too late!
'yes we can' royaly screw you and turn your country into a military state where your freedoms will slowly be stripped from you before your very eyes!

any way,hope this helps with my political profile!

peace

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thanks to those who have taken part, seems like were all nice fellows

And yes I do find it interesting most world leaders are up toward the fascist end

new topics

top topics

join