It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Suicide Try Kills Fetus, Woman Faces Life in Prison

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
there's nothing criminal about being so sad you want to take your life. you don't think about other people when you're that low. you think about how you can escape your despair.

the only thing she is guilty of is being heartbroken.

Its criminal when you have a baby inside you, im glad the selfish *snip* was in prison, i hope she gets more time so she can suffer like her baby did.
edit on 6/3/2012 by maria_stardust because: Removed profanity.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Move Over Abortion, Miscarriage = Jail Time
"No it is not a typo, you read the title correctly, “Miscarriage = Jail Time.” That is what this Georgia General Assembly Bill (HB1) is trying to impose on people. Apparently the plan is to knock women down when they are already in pain."
daytodaywoman.com...

I have to wonder when the Witch Burnings will begin.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

The writer of that article had 3/4 miscarriages.... That should be a crime itself...

Oh please, what are you on about? Miscarriages are very common, especially in the beginning of pregnancy, and it is no fault of the woman.

It is one thing when the mother poisons herself with drugs and thus knowingly kills 8 month old foetus, as in the OP. But criminalising miscarriages (spontaneous abortions) is insanity.
edit on 2/6/12 by Maslo because: spontaneous

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by dayve

The writer of that article had 3/4 miscarriages.... That should be a crime itself...

Oh please, what are you on about? Miscarriages are very common, especially in the beginning of pregnancy, and it is no fault of the woman.

It is one thing when the mother poisons herself with drugs and thus knowingly kills 8 month old foetus, as in the OP. But criminalising miscarriages (spontaneous abortions) is insanity.
edit on 2/6/12 by Maslo because: spontaneous

Im not 'criminalizing' it. just sayin, when you have 20 miscarriages in a year somethins wrong with you...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

She already served time - before a trial?

There's got to be more to this or it's just 'scarier' all the way around than we can even imagine.

peace

That's pretty normal. People who are going to be on trial for potentially serious crimes are often held in jail until the trial. You've heard of posting bail, right? If a person cannot post bail,they stay in jail until they are proven either innocent or guilty.

George Zimmerman was ordered back to jail and he has not had his trial yet...

It is very normal for people to be kept in jail before a trial...With the way you often follow different court cases and missing children, I would think that you would know that.

That said, do I think she deserves THAT much time in jail, should she be found guilty? No,I really don't. She does have a problem and needs help. In my opinion,she was really very messed up in the head and not in a right state of mind if she was trying to kill herself...

She happened to be pregnant at the time...Which adds insult to injury. For me, this is different than the abortion issue. An abortion ( I am pro-choice) is done in order to terminate a pregnancy. What this lady was trying to do, was end her life while pregnant.

Comparing the two, make no real sense to me. It is a stretch at the least, I think so anyway. What she needs, is help. Not punishment.

Popular or not that is where I stand.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Its criminal when you have a baby inside you, im glad the selfish b*tch was in prison, i hope she gets more time so she can suffer like her baby did.

What about the man who convinced her that he was going to "set up house" with her and be there for her, while never intending to as he had a wife and 2 kids um "on the side?" who just prior to her suicide attempt left her crying on her knees in a parking lot threw some money at her and drove off.

Somewhere he is just as or even more guilty than her. I hope is name is publicized so his wife and kids know what he did and the pain he put this woman through so he could have a little action on the side without responsibility.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Originally posted by dayve

Its criminal when you have a baby inside you, im glad the selfish b*tch was in prison, i hope she gets more time so she can suffer like her baby did.

What about the man who convinced her that he was going to "set up house" with her and be there for her, while never intending to as he had a wife and 2 kids um "on the side?" who just prior to her suicide attempt left her crying on her knees in a parking lot threw some money at her and drove off.

Somewhere he is just as or even more guilty than her. I hope is name is publicized so his wife and kids know what he did and the pain he put this woman through so he could have a little action on the side without responsibility.

Thats her own fault for being gullible, men lie all the time to get into womans panties... She's lucky he at least left her with some money, the way she reacted proves shes unstable and she should be in the puff unit...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

That may be true about men lying, but there's the rub. People are crucifying women for having abortions or in this case attempting suicide and in the course killing her unborn child. I can't tell you how many times I've come across people saying the female should have kept her legs together.

But how do people intend to really have an impact regarding these issues, when they accept without question a very clear and definitive double standard?

It's acceptable for men to lie, cheat on their wives, prey on the naive longing some women have to be loved, just to get a piece of action they have no intention of a long term commitment to.

But it's all on the woman's shoulders...

It takes 2 to tango, both are then responsible for the outcome

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
reply to post by dayve

That may be true about men lying, but there's the rub. People are crucifying women for having abortions or in this case attempting suicide and in the course killing her unborn child. I can't tell you how many times I've come across people saying the female should have kept her legs together.

But how do people intend to really have an impact regarding these issues, when they accept without question a very clear and definitive double standard?

It's acceptable for men to lie, cheat on their wives, prey on the naive longing some women have to be loved, just to get a piece of action they have no intention of a long term commitment to.

But it's all on the woman's shoulders...

It takes 2 to tango, both are then responsible for the outcome

I agree with some of that but, i dont think any body is worth killing yourself over, specially if you are pregnant..... I'm sure if he told his side of the story he would probably say shes a lunatic and thats y he left her. She could have easily gotten help....
edit on 3-6-2012 by dayve because: typoh

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

In my opinion I think it's doubtful that her mental state is why he left her, considering he was already married with 2 children at home.

From what I have read about this the most detailed story I came across stated that after he left her in the parking lot she eventually got up, saw a hardware store across the lot and went and bought the rat poison and started eating the pellets as soon as she walked out the door. She did not really have time to think about things before acting which is not uncommon in suicide attempts that are driven by instantly devastating strong emotions. When she returned home continuing to eat the rat poison pellets she wrote a note to the man in Mandarin stating that she was killing herself and taking the baby to hell with her.

After waiting a couple of hours to die and not doing so she contacted some friends and eventually told them what she had done.

Not all people have the strength to overcome what to them is absolute hopeless despair, especially if they feel that they are alone as she must have felt when he so abruptly dumped her.

Last year someone close to me who had been battling depression for around 10 years after an injury disabled him, who felt as if the numerous doctors he went to for help did not seem to understand the depth of what he was feeling gave in to feelings of absolute despair. His wife found him in the morning in the garage, he had hanged himself while she slept.

It happens, there are limits to what some people can deal with in life. I believe that I myself could be driven to such extremes if I were to lose my daughter, just the thought of harm coming to her rips me apart.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree. Sad all the way around and lets face it, there are no winners and already two who have lost.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

Why does he escape responsibility? In my opinion he is just as guilty of this tragic loss and I wonder how he lives with himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join