It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone in my rural neighborhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I live in a rural area in Michigan. Across the road from a cow farm, actually.

On my way home, I saw an airplane flying really close to the ground and I thought, "Huh. That plane is very small." But then I saw it was moving in a way that only an unpiloted craft could. It then hit me that this little white "plane" was a drone! I was filled with rage seeing it circling over the farm! We are an innocent town and yet big brother saw the need to spy on us!

I'm so filled with anger right now that my peaceful home is being watched. I so wish I could shoot it down right now. I feel violated, for crying out loud! How long has it been here and why is it here?! Ugh!
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Ugh. Of course they will target the rural areas. I say shoot er down.

Oh wait. snap some pics first, then shoot.
edit on 31-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

It flew away as soon as I saw it. I didn't care then but now it makes me angrier that I couldn't get a picture first. It was white so it blended in with our rainy skies today. It was smaller than a 2 -person plane but bigger than a toy plane and was clearly unmanned. It had blinking lights on top, which seems unusual, but it was definitely a drone.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

No worries, Im sure it will come back.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What makes you think it was a government drone? Why couldn't it have been a surveyor, or a toy, or an ultralight?

Why would the government want to fly a drone over a cow field? I'm guessing this was either a sport aircraft, which would fit your description and if they are piloted well, they can do pretty erratic manuevers, or it was a large RC craft, and flying one of those over a cowfield makes perfect sense.

Large Scale RC planes

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wonder what the laws are against shooting these drones with high power laser beams.

I know we aren't allowed to target airplanes because of the pilots inside, but drones are unmanned so i'm not sure... Not really sure what this would accomplish either but at least it would say 'Hey, i know you are there'.

This whole drone situation just proves the police state is getting bigger and focusing on regular citizens. I'm glad to hear that many people who aren't usually into these types of subjects (sheep) somehow are finding out about this and are speaking out.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have seen R/C aircraft that have wingspans of over 20 feet. I could be a local farm boy with a new toy.

Verify your target before you smoke it.

the last thing you want to do is tick-off some farm boy.

Especially in Militiagan!

-SC

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Welcome to the 21st century!

I think that (perhaps) rural areas will be seeing more drones flying around...in my opinion TPTB have decided that rural areas are a good place to test the drones.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What makes you think it was a government drone? Why couldn't it have been a surveyor, or a toy, or an ultralight?

Why would the government want to fly a drone over a cow field? I'm guessing this was either a sport aircraft, which would fit your description and if they are piloted well, they can do pretty erratic manuevers, or it was a large RC craft, and flying one of those over a cowfield makes perfect sense.

Large Scale RC planes

You're right though, there's no way of knowing is this was actually a government drone.

The OP seems sure this was unmanned though. It could be a person nearby playing with an RC plane/helicopter also, but i doubt someone would be piloting their RC over someone's house.

Avalessa, if you were to look at pictures of different types of drones and RC aircraft, do you think you would be able to recognize it?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This wasn't an RC plane. It is a horrible day to fly them for one, and their son is too old and too busy for playing. I never see the farmer or his family because of how busy they are.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

This is what it looked like with some small differences. I was at a distance from it so I can't get detailed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They are probably surveying your land. Funny stuff going on. Have you ever had FDA or anyone like that come to your house claiming that your property might be a wetland.

See whats been going on is that the Federal Government is trying to go after people in rural areas and reclaim their properties, using all kinds of scare tactics. Red tape, beurocracy, fines etc.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well my property is a wetland. I live on a property that is about 80% swamp. The farm is actually the dryest property in this neighborhood.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I think its because they take an awful lot of time and energy and gas mileage to survey rural areas physically. Plus they can't survey your land from the ground so they have to get a birds eye view. Not to mention, private property.

link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Welcome to the 21st century!

I think that (perhaps) rural areas will be seeing more drones flying around...in my opinion TPTB have decided that rural areas are a good place to test the drones.

I tend to agree with this too.

If they would test these in highly populated areas it would create too much of a buzz and it would just spread the word even more about these unconstitutional things. These drones are pissing off more than the usual 'tinfoil hat' crowd that's for sure.. I know a few people who are complete sheep/zombies in denial about everything and THEY even talked to me about it.

link   

Was it a pig farm??? Michigan recently went after pig farmers and made them kill their non-white pigs, saying they were feral.

Just a thought....

I live in PA, and I am shooting the first drone I get a chance to1

As Judge Andrew Napolitano said, "The first American who shoots one down will become a folk hero."! Coming from him, that is quite a statement....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They have been actively monitoring farms for a while now....story linked.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And another

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 5/31/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply

Wow, yea that is most likely a drone.... sickening.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Just make sure to cover up first, and if it happens on your property I say it's fair game. They can't tell you what you can and can not do on your own property.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'll just start lighting off some fireworks and "accidentally" aim for the drones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join