It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6pointed star outside masonic hall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Any one interested in freemasonary should go visit the grand lodge in london uk museum - outside on their doorstep is a six ponted star how blatent is that!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You should tell us how you feel about that so that a dialog can be more easily started. How does that affect your views of freemasonry? Do you have any images of the star? Any supporting web-sites? You know that sort of thing; it will help to get the discussion started.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I visited the place just by chance when i was in london - my views on freemasonary - no freemasons should be allowed to be in positions of power as it is known that they manipulate their members - i know a few and it is estimated that at least 50% are in the british police force which causes problems for non-mason officers

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Quote: "six pointed star".

Yeah so what - there is a Six Pointed Star outside the Synagogue as well. If you know anything about Freemasonry you know that it works with Symbols. That Particular Symbol that you mentioned is not only the
"Star of David" which is so prominently displayed on the Israeli Flag - but it is also a HEXAGRAM - it is a HERMETIC Symbol meaning -
"As Above, So Below".

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemeanie
I visited the place just by chance when i was in london - my views on freemasonary - no freemasons should be allowed to be in positions of power as it is known that they manipulate their members - i know a few and it is estimated that at least 50% are in the british police force which causes problems for non-mason officers

How dare "They" have a "six pointed star" outside their building... it's so "blatent", it's almost... Jewish. The Legend of Hiram Abiff centers on the building of King Solomon's Temple, a rather Jewish event contained within the rather Jewish Old Testament. Since Freemasonry uses this event (the building of King Solomon's Temple) to confer the degree of Master Mason upon a Candidate, it stands to reason that the Star of David may appear in, on, or about Masonic edifices.

As to Freemasons being in a position of power... Perhaps Sir Winston Churchill should have been relegated to a dreary clerking job somewhere � Instead of giving the British a leader to see them through the �darkest hour�.

50% of all British policeman are Freemasons? Can you substantiate that claim? It may seem easy to bandy about figures for the sake of argument� here at ATS those figures must be supported by some form of documentation. A link will suffice.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A couple of books by Stephen Knight - one called the "Brotherhood" is quite eye-opening on how the British police force is practically run by freemasons and how this cause a lot of tension in the force - new scotland yard also has its own masonic hall. the book - "the Brotherhood" by Stephen Knight is on Harper Collins books.

As soon as i figure out how to upload images off my pc - (I AM NEW 2 ATS!)
i will post all the photos i have of the Grand Lodge in london.....i have some photos of inside and outside the building, which is absolutely massive!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Blue, I believe the kind of star you're looking for, in terms of occultism, is a five pointed star, not a six pointed one. The six pointed star is the star of David. If this lodge was brandishing a five pointed star outside of its' gates, then maybe you would have somehting hinky to worry about.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here is an interesting link to evidence of a murder case in the u.k which may show how freemasonary is the driving force behind the british police force ellisctaylor.homestead.com...

I really aint here to down freemasons but i do feel that their "society with secrets" has to ivestigated

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemeanie
A couple of books by Stephen Knight - one called the "Brotherhood" is quite eye-opening on how the British police force is practically run by freemasons and how this cause a lot of tension in the force - new scotland yard also has its own masonic hall. the book - "the Brotherhood" by Stephen Knight is on Harper Collins books.

A poorly written book that is twenty years old is hardly substantiation of your 50% claim. Stephen Knight created works of fiction, not scientific research. If you find his work entertaining... so be it, but i would think a more current, and credible source of information would be in order.

Stephen Knight's "The Brotherhood".

Stephen Knight's "Jack The Ripper: The Final Solution", and other myths about Jack the Ripper.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
If this lodge was brandishing a five pointed star outside of its' gates, then maybe you would have somehting hinky to worry about.

Five pointed star (a pentacle) worrisome? How so? I would expect one to find just such a star at a Masonic lodge... It is the symbol used by the Eastern Star.

Pentacles and Pentagrams.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Mirth, it usually depends on what end it's standing on. A pentacle is a sign of light magic. Turn it upside down, and you have a totally different meaning.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
sorry about the earlier link guys here is the new one freespeech.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am a Mason and can tell you that the six-pointed star is formed from two triangles. One is turned up, the other down, and then they are overlaid to form the Star of David.

It would be useful for bluemeanie to, oh, I don't know, maybe read some books or go online and research the matter before making such an uninformed post in an attempt to smear Masons. Maybe ten minutes of using google would have cleared up the matter?

Bluemeanie, what is your motive in discrediting Masons? I am genuinely curious. Also, have you ever actually researched Masonry, or do you just make gross generalizations about it because you are prejudicial?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2004 by billmcelligott]

[edit on 4-10-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Mirth, it usually depends on what end it's standing on. A pentacle is a sign of light magic. Turn it upside down, and you have a totally different meaning.

I am afraid you are mistaken, an inverted pentacle is not necessarily a "totally different meaning"... the Eastern Star adopted this symbol long before Satanist of the 20th century did, and their membership is mostly Christian (although men and women of any faith can join).

Generalizations are the pinnacle of ignorance; it is no more accurate than to assume your personal nature because you choose to include "Sigl of Baphomet" within your Avatar. I prefer definitives... supported and substantiated.

More discussion about stars, pentacles, pentagrams and all things "totally different".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
also the 5 points represent the 5 elementals, earth , air ,water,fire and spirit..
it is also representative of Venus both the planet ( which traces a pentagram every 8 years), and the Goddess, the sacred feminine. I have also read that it was considered as the olympic seal but the 5 rings were selected instead because they better represented unity and inclusion.

in the 2 triangles that make up the Star of David can also be seen the symbols
for Male ( blade ^) and Female ( Chalice V) overlaid/intertwined symbolizing
the complete.

you could also see the compass and square overlaid by the "staffs of the Holy
St.s John."

you can also find within the pentagram or pentacle the Golden Ratio or Phi.

these are just a few of the symbols associated with the 5 and 6 point stars.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yes - BOTH the HexaGram & the PentaGram are Geometric Symbols used in so-called "Occultism" (Oh so Scary)!

Quote: "you can also find within the pentagram or pentacle the
Golden Ratio or Phi."

Yes Very Good stalkingwolf - Pythagoras worked with this Sacred Math/Geometry.

Quote: "2 Triangles (*overlaid*) make up the Star of David. The Hexagram (*intertwined*) can also be seen the Symbols for
Male ( blade ^) and Female ( Chalice V) Symbolizing the Complete Union".

Again Very Good stalkingwolf - did you know that you just described the "Great Work" - which is none other than the Uniting of Opposites!!!

Isn't Magick Fun Kids - However you must be Responsible with it, OK!

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yeah, funny thing...

The Masons actually got their start by building Jewish temples. Like King Solomon's. Hmmm.... Maybe they are descendents of Jews?!

There are some wierd things going on on the dollar bill... and it's green, too!

This thread is the inverse of deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Mirthul, notice i say "usually". There was a chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star not far from where i went to college (Richmond, Virginia) I apologize for not making my statement more clear. You are correct, this off-shoot of masonry did infact adopt the inverted pentacle before LaVey did such in the sigil in the nineteen sixties.

On anoter subject, good post deltachaos.

I really don't see the point in trying to slam Masons. Is there a mystique about their order? Of course, any "secret society" that's been around for hundreds of years will amass speculation, but things as blatant as the star of David don't constitute an investigation.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by goregrinder]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hi there, i am new to the whole conspiracy thing and what it is about, what i do know is that this world is covered by serect sects and organisations, that is about as much as i know, so could anyone just try to briefly explain to me what the freemasons are?

thank you, john gane

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join