It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Mars Base in 2030

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
dunno if this was posted already... search didnt bring up anything, so here we go:

Russian Mars base

All the necessary technical drawings have now been completed, and ... all will be ready for the construction work to begin.
The power plant should be up and running by 2030.

BBC News - 18 August, 2003

sheezzz!! they no only plan to send man to mars in 2018 but also build working moon... no, MARS Nuclear Station (!!)

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
bull. i dont see that as happening. i frankly dont trust russian news concerning the ascendency of the russians, too often it is riddled with holes.

i dont like nuclear material going to my planet.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I can't see the Russians beating the U.S. to Mars. Now , if the Communist party were still in control, there mat be a chance that they would be working on a real project.

It's not difficult to produce working drawings for a mission like this. It's difficult to put them into practical use though.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
bull. i dont see that as happening. i frankly dont trust russian news concerning the ascendency of the russians,

i dont like nuclear material going to my planet.

dude, BBC News is not russian, its UK's news agency

i dont like nukes going to mars either, but that better/more-efficient than sending oil...

PS: keep thinking its bull...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The country is bankrupted as ....! They even don't have money to modernise the ISS!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I can't see the Russians beating the U.S. to Mars.

russians/soviets planned missions to mars since gagarin, aka since 1961...

when did us started planning theirs?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i know bbc aint russia, thank you, i watch my british comedies on bbc america. i meant that bbc sure as hell didnt get that info themselves. some russian affiliate leaked/told/whatevered to them.

only the us had the ability to get to the moon. russia certainly didnt. now even we dont. even then, we cud only visit for a short period, nothing extended at all. this very premature, i feel. i know that if at any time we could do it faster than ever it would be now, obviously, but i see the likelihood that this is a new putin 'i have all the power lets be world dominators - oh this is hard' plan.

at least fossil fuels would produce CO2, help give us more of an atmosphere on mars, warmer.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
The country is bankrupted as ....!

They even don't have money to modernise the ISS!

it WAS bankrupt... its recovering as we speak.

why modernize ISS when you can use that same $$ for something better?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
First off, Titus are you from russia?

Wierd. Europe just said they want to go to Mars in 2033, and the US announced they will go nearly a year ago, but the time frame isn't exact yet, but that they will go to the moon first to "get there feet wet" and learn more then take that knowledge and go to Mars, the moon is scheduled for around 2015-2020, But we will start sending robotic probes in 2008.

and nuclear on Mars is fine by me. The US will send a Nuclear powered rover there in 2009.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
BTW, I think this thread should have been made in the "Space Exploration" category.

Heres a time table on Europes plans, (there strikingly simular to Nasa's) I hope they combine there effort, so its more afforable, and more money involved.
Europes Aurora time line - BTW its a pdf.

Nasa's Mars missions for the next decade.
Nasa's Mars Missions

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

I agree, titus you seem awfully defensive especially if somebody questions Russia's half submerged economy.

I'm not sure Russia will be able to hold up to that promise at the current moment. They need to remodernize thier army and take care of the ISS first. Seems like at the moment they are tangled up in some domestic terrorism, so i'd say its fair to say they'll be modernizing thier army and special forces before thinking about Mars for now.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Linux

I agree, titus you seem awfully defensive especially if somebody questions Russia's half submerged economy.

They need to remodernize thier army and take care of the ISS first

yes i'm from russia (to be exact - from ukraine, but ukraine stinks). and yes most of the times i am defending russia.

last time i looked at russian economy - it was doing ok

i agree that they need to modernize their army, but i dont think that they need to take care of ISS. there are better ways to spend money...

usa pays russia to dismantle it old nuclear arsenal, and russia uses that money to build new more advanced nukes.

The US will send a Nuclear powered rover there in 2009

any links? would like to learn more.
does US have a time line for a mars station?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Titus
any links? would like to learn more.
does US have a time line for a mars station?

The US is planning on a Mars base around 2030, but will probably come later because its impossible to calculate a functional time table over that period of time.

As for the ISS, I wish that all officials from all the countries involved would get together and just say "look, we thought it would be a good thing, but in reallity its just been a money drain", that way the US could immediatly ditch it and spend all those billions on something better, then just circleing the earth in Low Earth Orbit. But i'm realictic and I know that wont happen, But i was glad to hear that the US will pull out of that after its built, that way money can go elsewhere and we dont break our international commitment.

OK, as for that rover question.
This link should answer all your questions.
Mars Science Laboratory (Rover)

BTW Titus If you live in Russia, then why do you have your Location as USA?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

BTW Titus If you live in Russia, then why do you have your Location as USA?

i dont live in russia, i am FROM russia. 5 years ago I moved to US, that why i have my location as USA.

maybe you just interpreted my statement differently...

The US is planning on a Mars base around 2030, but will probably come later because its impossible to calculate a functional time table over that period of time.

cool

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wh...wha...what's the point? I don't get why any country would sink a boat-load of cash into an extra-terrestrial base. The cost for the sake of competition and national pride is too high. Could someone please enlighten me?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
didnt the russians have trouble finding money to build the components for the ISS that they were responsible for? dont see how they will make it to mars...maybe a cosmonaut can make a sign "wont kill you" and stand in a field and wait for a ufo?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Wh...wha...what's the point? I don't get why any country would sink a boat-load of cash into an extra-terrestrial base. The cost for the sake of competition and national pride is too high. Could someone please enlighten me?

There are several good reasons other then just National Pride. A big one is Science, you would learn ALOT if people went to Mars versus just probes. Besides you cant expect the human race to stay on earth forever, its in our blood to explore, to see whats around the corner. Alot of break throughs will come out off this. But this is Russia were talking about here, I dont think they currently have the money, while its true there economy is getting better but it ain't that great. I think around 2020-2025 Russia's economy will be falling lower because they will no longer be able to sell all of there military equiptment anymore because people will make there own, other then just buying the russian made stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Russia has been in a downfall ever since the Communists fell. Even though I know Russia would try to attempt this stunt if they had anywhere near the required funds, I think a country that would be more prone to do this is Japan or China. Anyway, even though the US is planning on a base there, I don't think it will happen in our lifetimes. Perhaps the greatest achievement of our time was placing a man on the moon, and we had some great minds and geniuses working on that project. I don't think the scientists we have today will be able to accomplish this. The planning and preparation in dealing with this is enormous, and before it will ever be done, I think we will need to build another shuttle that uses different fuel rather than rocket power. Don't get me wrong. It will happen one day. Just not in our lives.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow, thats interesting. That just shows how weird the future is gonna be.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chieftian Chaos
Russia has been in a downfall ever since the Communists fell. Even though I know Russia would try to attempt this stunt if they had anywhere near the required funds, I think a country that would be more prone to do this is Japan or China. Anyway, even though the US is planning on a base there, I don't think it will happen in our lifetimes. Perhaps the greatest achievement of our time was placing a man on the moon, and we had some great minds and geniuses working on that project. I don't think the scientists we have today will be able to accomplish this. The planning and preparation in dealing with this is enormous, and before it will ever be done, I think we will need to build another shuttle that uses different fuel rather than rocket power. Don't get me wrong. It will happen one day. Just not in our lives.

Yeah it probably wont happen in your life IF YOUR 80 years old!

Of course it will hapen in our lifetime, and Our science and tech has never being better, your thoughts are very pessimistic.

and yeah Russia tends to bite off more then they can chew.

But I wouldn't say Japan has a better chance then Russia, Japan doesn't have a vehicle that can take them to space, there technology is good but not there rocket technology, last year they were going to launch a 2 very important spy satellites, but the rocket exploded destroying the payload, they havn't launch anything since. China is new to the game but there gaining ground fast, though mainly because they know what works and dont have to do all the design and development themselves.

I think we will need to build another shuttle that uses different fuel rather than rocket power.

I'm assuming you meant a different propulsion method, and dont count on it, scramjets are still in there infancy, so if we dont build a space elevator we will be using rockets for at least another 50 years.

Nasa will be on the moon in 10-15 years, so unless you dont plan on dying anytime soon, then you will live to see it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join