It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Verifies Obama a Dual Citizen: Not Qualified For Presidency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well if you wanna go by that messed up logic then most of this country is ineligible to become president. This also includes Mitt Romney. His dad was born in Mexico.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875) The Constitution does not in words say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898) At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

WHY SINCE 1975 HAVE THY BEEN TRYING TO REMOVE THE TERM NATURAL BORN FROM THE CONSTITUTION IF IT IT MEANINGLESS AND ANY OLD ANCHOR BABY BIRTHED HERE CAN BE PRESIDENT???? ANSWERS PLEASE????

he effort to remove the natural-born citizen requirement from the U.S. Constitution actually began in 1975 – when Democrat House Rep. Jonathon B. Bingham, [NY-22] introduced a constitutional amendment under H.J.R. 33: which called for the outright removal of the natural-born requirement for president found in Article II of the U.S. Constitution – “Provides that a citizen of the United States otherwise eligible to hold the Office of President shall not be ineligible because such citizen is not a natural born citizen.” Bingham’s first attempt failed and he resurrected H.J.R. 33: in 1977 under H.J.R. 38:, again failing to gain support from members of congress. Bingham was a Yale Law grad and member of the secret society Skull and Bones, later a lecturer at Columbia Law and thick as thieves with the United Nations via his membership in the Council on Foreign Relations. Bingham’s work lay dormant for twenty-six years when it was resurrected again in 2003 as Democrat members of Congress made no less than eight (8) attempts in twenty-two (22) months, to either eliminate the natural-born requirement, or redefine natural-born to accommodate Barack Hussein Obama II in advance of his rise to power. The evidence is right in the congressional record… 1. On June 11, 2003 Democrat H

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
someone wake me up when a consitiutional scholar raises a flag

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What's even more entertaining is seeing you in these threads defending obama no matter what..

It is obvious to 97 and 44/100% of the population that there are things completely shady about his status..

If there wasn't, then why spend millions hiding things and forging official documents?

If it does turn out that he is guilty of any kind of vital statistics fraud, then at a bare minimum, I think you should be willing to at least eat some old socks, or your aunty gertrude's shorts, and take pics for the rest of ATS to see your repentance

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

They were only there a couple of years, moved back to UD (Idaho) when Romneys dad was 5....no matter they were US citizens....O's father never was....never wanted to be.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by doryinaz
reply to post by PurpleChiten

no, grasshopper.... a Natural Born Citizen is one whose parents were BOTH American citizens, and he/she is born in the USA....not too tough to understand..2 important parts of this equation.....now, tell me...does that definition apply to Barack Hussein Obama?.....no.....there ya go...pretty simple to grasp....

No darlin, that's not true. A NATURAL BORN citizen is someone who was born on American soil regardless of who their parents are or where they were born. YOUR definition doesn't apply to Mitt Romney, his father was born in Mexico.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
•Anyone born inside the United States born in Hawaii = born in the United States, case closed [color]
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S. This is the part that's confusing the idiots. He was born on American soil, so this does not pertain to him
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

some psycho morons are tyring to use the secondary clauses for people born outside the US needing to have parents having been born in the US as a condition, but, since Obama was born in Hawaii, he was born on American soil and he IS a natural born citizen.
Just because you don't have reading comprehension skills doesn't mean that your argument holds water darlin.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doryinaz

no, grasshopper.... a Natural Born Citizen is one whose parents were BOTH American citizens, and he/she is born in the USA....not too tough to understand..2 important parts of this equation.....now, tell me...does that definition apply to Barack Hussein Obama?.....no.....there ya go...pretty simple to grasp....

I disagree with that, you can be born a citizen in US, and the only way to be born naturally is in nature's way. But the term 'natural born citizen' is hooey. The law is different, since it mostly refers the term as meaning, birthright citizenship, that being the precedent of the 14th amendment that gave aliens/aka slave's children for instance, that birthright in the niddy gritty. Obama only needs to have been born in Hawaii which he was, his parentage is irrelevant. There is also the plus of his mother being a birthright citizen, her age played no part.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
wrong, you would be "native" born, not natural born.
still a citizen, especially via the 14th but not one of "natural born status".

"native born" and "natural born" are the SAME THING!! seriously, do you actually expect anyone to be so utterly ignorant as to buy this???? Wow.

Anyway, Obama and Romney's births are the exact same case. If Obama were ineligible, which he isn't, then Romney would also be ineligible. Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a natural born citizen of the United States. It doesn't matter if his father was born on mars, he'd still be a natural born citizen of the United States. Romney's dad was born in Mexico, but Romney is still a natural born citizen of the United States. It is the EXACT SAME SITUATION whether you like it or not.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It is interesting to watch the Government drones come out to pat each other on the back and try to manipulate the masses. I also find it enlightening to see which threads the GDs are interested in. It should be obvious that they come out in force when told to and therefore one can determine what subjects the dark side is alarmed about.

This issue always brings them out in full battle array. The name calling and specious arguments are easy to identify. These drones are not stupid. They know that a Supreme Court decision on the issue of 'native born' has no relevance to the issue of 'natural born.' But still, they use it. They use it because many are too lazy to check. But the other side, the so called birthers, are always willing to do the hard work.

To me, this topic is not gray, it is black and white. Obama is not qualified to be POTUS.

What I like about these threads is that it allows me to identify the Government drones and for this reason I will continue to read these threads.

P

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
It is interesting to watch the Government drones come out to pat each other on the back and try to manipulate the masses. I also find it enlightening to see which threads the GDs are interested in. It should be obvious that they come out in force when told to and therefore one can determine what subjects the dark side is alarmed about.

This issue always brings them out in full battle array. The name calling and specious arguments are easy to identify. These drones are not stupid. They know that a Supreme Court decision on the issue of 'native born' has no relevance to the issue of 'natural born.' But still, they use it. They use it because many are too lazy to check. But the other side, the so called birthers, are always willing to do the hard work.

To me, this topic is not gray, it is black and white. Obama is not qualified to be POTUS.

What I like about these threads is that it allows me to identify the Government drones and for this reason I will continue to read these threads.

P

Well, luckily, we go by the US Constitution, not your opinion, so it doesn't really matter what you are saying, there is legal proof there that says you are wrong... and apparently lack reading comprehension skills

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You still don't get the difference between citizen and Natural born......the founders put it in the presidential clause and no where else in the constitution for a reason......because they wanted the office of president to be exclusive....not for just any old "citizen" to have the right to......I know in this day of fairness and everyone gets a trophy, that is hard to swallow....but it is what the truth is.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Obama is not qualified to be POTUS.

Only if you think minorities are unqualified to be President, which is the real issue here.

What happened to all the birthers saying they would shut up if Obama produced a birth certificate? What a bunch of lying morons.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

You still don't get the difference between citizen and Natural born......the founders put it in the presidential clause and no where else in the constitution for a reason......because they wanted the office of president to be exclusive....not for just any old "citizen" to have the right to......I know in this day of fairness and everyone gets a trophy, that is hard to swallow....but it is what the truth is.

LMAO, not, you're the one having trouble with citizen and natural born... If they are born on American Soil, they are a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, it has been shown to you as court decisions, as constitutional interpretation, as directly quoted from the constitution, there's really no reason for you to continue in your ignorance of the truth other than... well, outright inability to comprehend.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The founding fathers wanted any candidate to the position of POTUS to be brought up as a real American. They did not want someone who would make decisions based on life experiences in another country like say Indonesia or raised under a different system, say martial law.

They wanted someone who would naturally abide by the constitution. They did this for very valid reasons. We are living through times where the constitution is being trampled, trodden on and made a mockery of.

Could you imagine your fore fathers response to a POTUS kill list. That one single list says all by itself that the once mighty US of A has dropped down into the caverns of despair and has embraced the dark side of human nature.

P

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Speaking purely as an unknowledgeable yet mildly interested outsider on the whole circus that is The Mystical, possibly alleged, Correct Birth Certificate of Glorious Leader, is there any consensus as to whether he is or is not legally allowed to be Mr President or is the verdict still out? There have been countless threads on this all saying yay, nay and a few things in between. I'm very confused.

edit on 31/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
but fortunately logical and intelligent people are in charge and not birthers.

Which country are you living in??

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I'll ask a question I have asked a few times in the past and have yet to receive a response to. If someone is born on US soil to two US citizens but due to certain circumstances are raised on foreign soil by non-US citizens are they qualified to be president?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
who careS? he's gonna be president for four more years and theres nothing any of us can do about it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I have shown you the exact opposite.....from the founding fathers, the constitution, John Jay, the Federalist Papers, previous supreme court decisions and writings....time for the Supreme Court to decide it once and for all.

You still haven't answered my question.....why did the founders put it in the constitution pertaining to presidential eligibilty and no where else and why have people been trying to have it removed from the constitution since 1975???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join