It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Verifies Obama a Dual Citizen: Not Qualified For Presidency

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

It does not matter if your parents were from Mars and were embassadors to our planet. It matters not if your parent was the president of another country none of that matters only that you were born on US soil. END OF CASE

Which case decided that Matrian Ambassadors children were US Citizens because they were born on US soil? Why are not the children of ambassadors from Earthly nations accorded the same rights to citizenship as the Martians?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Stupid should NEVER EVER be tolerated. And this BC idiocy is the realm of the boitheringly stupid.

You're right, stupidity should never, EVER be tolerated.

Please cure me of my stupidity, and tell me what "boitheringly" means. I looked it up in the dictionary, and STILL can't find it.

Obama is a natural born American citizen ... period.

Oh, ok. Well, I guess that settle that, you've spoken, and it MUST be so.

now you birthers go out and argue the sun doesn't shine.

Why? Is there a storm where you are, or is it night or something? Don't worry - the sun will eventually come out again.

Birthers should be disqualified from voting.

Ah, and THERE you have it! Should they ride in the back of the bus and have special drinking fountains, too? I thought we'd already settled all the issues of who gets to vote....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you are working in America as a diplomat/ambassador from another country - - - your children are natural born citizens of their own country.

Just like when American servicemen are overseas - - their children are natural born Americans.

I know its shocking - - but not everyone wants to be natural born American.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by karen61057

i never said it was a "law", it is a requirement.
children of a diplomat, born in any US territory is NOT a US citizen by birth.

i don't make any distinctions, however, the Constitution does.
and i don't make blanket statements that are false, either, like this ...

If you are born on US soil you are a citizen.
as proven above, not always.

the rest, keep dreaming.

Except that it is always true. No need to dream it up either. Its in the constitution which is available on line for you to examine. www.usconstitution.net...
Find your case in there, show all of us where this document supports your ideas.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Let me see what damage I can do here. According to Wikipedia:

For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true (except if born out-of-wedlock)[8]:

The person's parents were married at the time of birth (Dunham and Obama Sr Were)

One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born (Dunham was born in Wichita, Kansas)

The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth; (Dunham spent her childhood in Kansas and her adult life in Hawaii)

A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday. (See previous)

For persons born out-of-wedlock (mother) if all the following apply:

the mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of the person’s birth and (Dunham)

the mother was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the person’s birth.[9] (See link for those born to a U.S. father out-of-wedlock)[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

travel.state.gov...

www.uscis.gov...

So, in conclusion, Obama's parents meet those requirements. Birthers don't have a leg to stand on.

Policies pertaining to immigration have absolutely nothing to do with the constitutional amendment which governs who can be President.

The founding fathers went out of their way to define who could serve in office by writing it into the founding document. For immigration? They pretty much left it up to the Congress and States to decide.

We have never had a Supreme court ruling on the issue. All the immigration case law from State courts has zero impact on this, as do the "opinions" some of the judges commented on.

It's apples and oranges.

I think it's bad enough that immigration laws have completely ignored the intentions and written clarifications left behind by the founding Fathers. The Powers that be might be getting away with doing the same for the highest office and I guess that's to be expected. It doesn't mean we all have to sit back and take it, however.

Obama definitely has something to hide, there's no doubt about that. Exactly what that is remains to be seen but personally, I don't care what race, what party or even what sex the President is, I don't want that person under the control of people who know and probably helped hide their secret. Politicians in the US are too bought and paid for as it is without that.

The fact is that most of the people in here defending Obama, calling people racists and "birthers" are supporting him because you like his politics or belong to the same party, period. Well, enjoy the precedent cause when it's a Republican they do this with you're going to have to bend over and smile.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Oh the founding fathers wanted a say in how someone was brought up ? As in Brought up American. ok. what ever.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

Stupid should NEVER EVER be tolerated. And this BC idiocy is the realm of the boitheringly stupid.

Obama is a natural born American citizen ... period. now you birthers go out and argue the sun doesn't shine.

Birthers should be disqualified from voting.

Heh. All I can say is...

edit on 1-6-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Lol come on...Obama is not hiding anything, the man already released his BC. You refusing to deny ignorance is a whole other issue. You can't just go to State offices and request someone else's birth certificate. It just doesn't work that way. It doesn't mean that he's hiding something.

By the way why don't you send me a copy of your Birth Certificate? Or are you hiding something?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The Founding Fathers did not define the term natural born citizen in the Constitution. Despite what their intentions may have been by not defining it in the Constitution they knew they were leaving it up to later generations to define through the courts. This was done with Lynch v. Clarke which explicitly states that anyone born on US soil is a natural born citizen. Just because it wasn't a Supreme Court decision doesn't mean it isn't precedent. As it is dealing with a law that is the same everywhere in the country any lawyer can cite it as precedent in any court in the country. Lynch v. Clarke is the precedent. No one has overturned the decision. Therefore the term natural born citizen has been defined by the courts just like the Founding Fathers wanted.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
have any of the 435,879 lawyers in DC weighed in yet ?

yeah, didn't think so

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
It doesn't matter where his father was born, it only matters where he was born and he was born in Hawaii. There is NO requirement that your parents be natural born citizens, only that YOU be a natural born citizens.
Seriously, how dumb can those birthers get?

BTW, Romney's dad was born in Mexico, so if there logic DID hold, which it doesn't, neither candidate would be eligilbe, now would they?

I wouldn't have a problem with neither of them being eligible. Ron Paul was born in Pittsburgh, PA. Win.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Lol come on...Obama is not hiding anything, the man already released his BC. You refusing to deny ignorance is a whole other issue. You can't just go to State offices and request someone else's birth certificate. It just doesn't work that way. It doesn't mean that he's hiding something.

By the way why don't you send me a copy of your Birth Certificate? Or are you hiding something?

Well if Fogbow was successful in tricking Orly with photoshop, certainly they or others can accomplish the fake one Obama's people posted.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The fact is the Constitution does not define what a natural born citizen is, and nowhere in the constitution does it say in black and white ink that natural born citizen must be born on US soil. That is why those laws are important. That is a lie that the Birthers love to spread.

And no, I do not like Obama's politics.

If it is, I want you to show me where in the Constitution in black and white ink that it says one must be born on US soil, meaning the mainland continental United States Of America.

Show me.

And I want to see the exact words, not a clause in the Constitution that it is interpreted to mean that. Those words that in order to be a citizen that the person must be born on US soil, meaning mainland continental soil and absolutely nowhere else.

So show me.

You can't.

All you have is your interpretation of what the fourteenth amendment says. Nothing else.

And it is indeed the wrong interpretation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

The prrof is here in your username and your crackpot theory.

Rednecks see brown people as foreign. The brown guy in the White House doesn't look like any other president or any good ole red blooded Americans I know. He must be from Kinya! Damned African commies!

You're paying such close attention that you claim he's from Kenya, in a thread declaring his official Hawaiian birth.

You managed to tell us you're a redneck and that Obama was born in Kenya in 1 single post. You have done the birther craze a major service by immediately discrediting it.

- Side note - I do not have a problem with rednecks. I have a problem with rednecks who feel Obama was born in Kenya because WND and their local bartender, Cletus, told them.
edit on 1-6-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The issue of dual allegiance is not a joke and certainly no distraction (other than to those who disrespect our Constitution). At the very least, those who support Obama should support the need for his eligibility to be reviewed by the US Supreme Court. To leave the issue in perpetual limbo is to endanger the nation.

If Obama is eligible, so are the potential sons of foreign despots who hate this country. Take your pick. If Kim Jong Il or Osama bin Laden were to impregnate an American woman who gave birth in the US, that child could be Commander In Chief of the US Armed Forces based upon the precedent set by Obama.

naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com... esidential-eligibility/

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Please don't use that song to mean an insult. That song is not about insulting people, it is about seeing the good that is inside people's heart.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Right.

Only the fact that their father would be a known anti-American despot, their chances at winning an election would be less than stellar.

Good thing that is not the case with our current president.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
It doesn't matter where his father was born, it only matters where he was born and he was born in Hawaii. There is NO requirement that your parents be natural born citizens, only that YOU be a natural born citizens.
Seriously, how dumb can those birthers get?

BTW, Romney's dad was born in Mexico, so if there logic DID hold, which it doesn't, neither candidate would be eligilbe, now would they?

I wouldn't have a problem with neither of them being eligible. Ron Paul was born in Pittsburgh, PA. Win.

I KNEW there was something about him that just wasn't right, that's what it is!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
See? That's the problem, people keep mixing up state court rulings based on state and even federal IMMIGRATION law with a requirement to hold office spelled out in the constitution.

Really?
How does the constitution define "Natural Born Citizen?"
I am pretty sure it does not but I am not going to call you a liar or ignorant just yet. Where is this in the constitution?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Well I could but it might get me one of those T & C boxes replacing my post.
Shhhh, we both know what I mean. Tee hee.....

yeah.... but I bet you wish you had now huh? !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join