It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Verifies Obama a Dual Citizen: Not Qualified For Presidency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Okay, first, don't blame me for the headline. It is directly from the article.

Source

Hawaii verified two things that are fatal to Obama’s qualifications for the presidency: first, he has a foreign father who was never an American; second, Obama is a dual citizen.

Bennett makes his first mistake by asking only if Obama was born in Hawaii. In doing so, Bennett actually takes it upon himself to define natural born citizen as ‘born in the USA” in contrast to 200 years of Constitutional law and Supreme Court case law in the United States. Furthermore, by ignoring the citizenship of Barack Obama’s father and Obama’s resulting dual citizenship, Bennett is unlawfully expanding the definition of natural born citizen to include dual citizens. As the State’s top election official, he has no authority to change the definition of natural born citizen nor to expand the classes of citizens qualified to hold the office.

The article goes on to suggest what the proper questions to Hawaii should have been:

Does the Constitution permit a dual citizen to hold the office of President?
Does the Constitution permit a ‘naturalized’ citizen to hold the office of President?
Has Barack Obama renounced his dual citizenship with Britain?
Does Barack Obama’s known adoption by an Indonesian affect his existing dual citizenship?
Has Barack Obama naturalized as an American citizen?

So, have the so-called "birthers" been asking the wrong question all along?

It sure seems like this opens up a whole lot of constitution questions that even constitutional scholars cannot agree upon.

+8 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well.....golly!!! all the questions I have been asking around here and elsewhere for years!!!!!!!!!!!

The BC crap is a distraction to the fact he is NOT NOT NOT NOT........Natural Born.......nohow noway!!!!!!

JH Criminies when will people learn the constitution of the country they live in???????

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I try to stay away from this kind of stuff.

But what's this big hype about labeling people for being able to see through some photo-shopped documents?

What'd they call me for having half a brain and noticing 9/11 towers were demolished? ... A truther?

Sounds so stupid to me. A weird deflective tactic. And yet I agree so strongly with the folks claiming this to be a "big effing distraction" - while many think all our problems will be solved if Obama is ousted, sorry people --- they have only begun.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not Hawaii's place to answer those questions for him, he answers those questions for the state of Arizona.
Hawaii just needs to answer if they have definite proof that Obama was born in Hawaii.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused as to what a duel citizenship would entail? So, say they verify that his citizenship status in this country is actually defined as a dual citizenship. Does this mean that regardless of where he was actually born, he does not meet the qualifications to become president?

Also, from what I understand, you can be a duel citizen and still be born in the U.S. Is there a way in which this is not so?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

But what's this big hype about labeling people for being able to see through some photo-shopped documents?

Yeah what's that all about? Does that mean some people are WiFeR's!!! If one goes by what his wife has said "twice" on YT, about Obama's HOME country Kenya.... does that make one a WiFeR!

But anyway this topic is no surprise....

edit on 31-5-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just more birther desperation.

Birthers don't die...they just come up with different illogical lies. Now that it is proven that he was born in Hawaii...they move on to the next illogical argument.

Obama will be on all 50 State's ballots....birthers can cry about it all they want....but fortunately logical and intelligent people are in charge and not birthers.

But I wouldn't mind seeing them thrown out of court a few more times....that's always entertaining.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Not Hawaii's place to answer those questions for him, he answers those questions for the state of Arizona.
Hawaii just needs to answer if they have definite proof that Obama was born in Hawaii.

question?...how many times do they have to do that?...answer...doesn't matter, the right won't believe it
why don't you people just come out and say " we won't believe anything told to us" because that's the perception you have now...people just laugh you off, like clowns at a circus

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedye
I'm a bit confused as to what a duel citizenship would entail? So, say they verify that his citizenship status in this country is actually defined as a dual citizenship. Does this mean that regardless of where he was actually born, he does not meet the qualifications to become president?

Also, from what I understand, you can be a duel citizen and still be born in the U.S. Is there a way in which this is not so?

I think what this is saying is that by being born in Hawaii, he is an American citizen. Since his birth father was Kenyan, he is also a British citizen, and possibly a Kenyan citizen, although the latter may be "expired". Also, due to his adoption by an Indonesian citizen (Soetoro) he may also have Indonesian citizenship.

The argument is that since he is has dual-, tri-, or even quad-citizenship, he does not meet the definition of "natural born" citizenship, which proponents argue excludes these due to potential split national interests.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Bogus headline from some birther blog.

Hawaii didn't verify "Obama a dual citizen" - it only verified his birth certificate on record there with the Hawaii Dept. of Health.

+21 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It doesn't matter where his father was born, it only matters where he was born and he was born in Hawaii. There is NO requirement that your parents be natural born citizens, only that YOU be a natural born citizens.
Seriously, how dumb can those birthers get?

BTW, Romney's dad was born in Mexico, so if there logic DID hold, which it doesn't, neither candidate would be eligilbe, now would they?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Hawaii needed to answer it in WRITING so that someone is responsible when/if the time ever comes for them to cough up the actual BC book and it turns out baby Obama is not actually in it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

As the term natural born citizen was not defined in the Constitution it was left up to the Judicial Branch. A number of state courts have defined it as being equivalent to birthright citizenship. This opinion was supported by the Supreme Court in Wong Kim Ark. As such natural born citizenship and birthright citizenship are interchangeable. Birthright citizenship is given to anyone who is born on US soil or who has at least one parent who is a US citizen. Obama isn't even the first president with dual-citizenship. Both James Buchanan and Chester A. Arthur were citizens of both the US and Britain.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

"Natural Born" means just that...born in this country. Doesn't matter if neither of his parents were citizens, he was born in this country, so he is a natural born citizen.
It's really getting way out there in the stratosphere now

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Before you chuckle your way into a coma....relax....more and more details are emerging daily....here's my question to YOU....If it is proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Potus is foreign born....or that his father was not a US Citizen, what are you and all those name-callers going to do about it??? Just sigh and let it go, because it's easier???...That's what I thought....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I thought it was against T&C to proclaim a blog's rantings as "news".
Did you check out that blog? I love the links to previous blogs at the bottom.

CJ

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

TThe Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. A 2011 Congressional Research Service report stated

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term “natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth,” either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth.” Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien” required to go through the legal process of “naturalization” to become a U.S. citizen.[1]

There it is, directly from the government. Natural born means born IN the US, regardless of parental status. His dad's birth place has no effect whatsoever just as Romney's dad being born in Mexico has no effect whatsoever.
The end
case closed
wrapped up
finished
done
over
kaput

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

no, grasshopper.... a Natural Born Citizen is one whose parents were BOTH American citizens, and he/she is born in the USA....not too tough to understand..2 important parts of this equation.....now, tell me...does that definition apply to Barack Hussein Obama?.....no.....there ya go...pretty simple to grasp....

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My conspiracy mind thinks this is much bigger than Obama. Obama has made a presidence not being a natural born by his father being born outside US, which is a violation of the constitution. Romneys dad was born in Mexico, hence Romney not a natural born either. I heard somewhere that Kissinger said Jeb Bush will be our next president. So if Romney picks Jeb as his vice and Romney wins, could ...could....this all go to the supreme court after Romney wins, Romney resigns, then Jeb is the pres? The establishment could want Jeb in, knowing US wouldnt outright elect another Bush, and this is a round about way to get Jeb in?
This whole birther issue was started by obama, it all seems so staged...planned....and the fraudulent BC is a slap in the face of intelligent americans that know in 1961 african was not a RACE its an orgin. There are WHITE AFRICANS PEOPLE so african in 1961 would NOT have been put down for race.Its like me having TEXAN as my race. Now, with political correctness african might be listed as a race, such as black african american, on bc, I dont know.
Isn't it weird that our 2 choices for President are not constitutionally qualified? Whats the odds of the two choices not being naturally born? Its a set up to tare apart our constitution, I see no other way to interpretate this whole mess.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I thought it was against T&C to proclaim a blog's rantings as "news".
Did you check out that blog? I love the links to previous blogs at the bottom.

CJ

??? I never proclaimed this blog article to be news.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join