It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Daily Rituals That You Find Helpful In Your Life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am wondering what rituals other people use as part of their day or as part of a metaphysical practice.

I thank for the day and the opportunity to be here. I have a regular thanking I use and if need be will ask for help or strength with any particular challenges facing me that day, sometimes just for the common sense to be happy.

Normally I am quickly filled with feelings of happiness and calm. This practice at least gives me a smile to start my day.

I bless my food and water and pretty much anything I take into my body.

There are several posts on ATS (links at bottom of post) regarding the proven scientific effect on water that a positive influence has, even just a simple word. I extrapolate that the same effect would occur with food or anything else since most matter has some form of water within it, an apple or bread for example. Even with water absent I think there would be an effect on the higher energy of any item.

I have a few other rituals I perform before meditating or studying and these set the tone for the work I am about to do and puts me in a good mindset.

I am trying to start the ritual of reviewing my day before bed each night and reflecting on the experience. It seems that is it much harder to start a good habit as opposed to a bad one, but I can see many benefits from the practice and the opportunity to start planning the next day.

So if you would not mind sharing, what daily rituals do you use that are beneficial to your personal experience or your metaphysical practice?

Water and Consiousness, (Youtube Video)

Previous ATS Post, Entangled Water: Life, Consciousness, Memory

Previous ATS Post, The structure of Water is most strongly affected by human emotion

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I always try to put my shirt on before my pants, else I'll have an "unlucky day."
I think that's called OCD - but that's as far as I take it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I trust the pants before the shoes? Some people like to start the day with a challenge though, so I think it's individualistic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

I would not have labeled it as a ritual, but I do intention work every day. Over the course my journey I have focused on one intention to guide my experience, and it has served me extremely well.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by luminosity

Intent is very powerful and without it life does seem chaotic to me.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yeah, now that I think about it, I do.

It seems that at some point during the day, I must tell someone to get stuffed.
My day just does not go right if I don't.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Exercise and SUN gaze

try to pray every 24 hours

meditate a couple times a week:
- meditation in action like doing relaxing things that increase positive energy or meditate in still mode, or alone and in deep thought of the world/cosmos

eat/drink as healthy as you can

just try to keep a cool and open mind of the realm of existence 1 is within w/o letting the ills of life get you down

find a friend or companion to interact with from time to time

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes.

Every morning: Coffee + Cigerrette (helpfull now, maybe not in the long run)

Through the day: Watch different news channels + Sites ritually (it keeps me busy when I want to block out life around me, keeps me educated for a uni course I want to do)

Evening: Hot bath for relaxation, editting my list of things to do (I organise everything), sit and read a book or artical of interest, whilst dreaming of life where I want to be in 5 years.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

A big Heck Yeah to the coffee but I don't recommend the news, that stuff can kill you.

This:

Evening: Hot bath for relaxation, editting my list of things to do (I organise everything), sit and read a book or artical of interest, whilst dreaming of life where I want to be in 5 years.

Sounds wonderful!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Habitually, I read, create, exercise, laugh and make love. In between those, I think.

I think rituals are abhorrent, but I know you're not using it in that sense, so I won't write some polemic.

I used to live the pious life, but it only lead to disappointment, shame and hate.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I am a huge fan of meditation and it has brought me much happiness.

Looking up towards the Sun always makes me smile, the sunshine on my face feels like energy pouring in.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I used to live the pious life, but it only lead to disappointment, shame and hate.

Ouch! It is good you found another path that hopefully is void of the quoted properties.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I make it a point to do something odd when I turn the coffee maker off. That way, when I'm on my way to work and I suddenly think: "Oh no! Did I leave the coffee maker on?" I can say to myself: "No, you moved that bag of coffee from one side of the kitchen counter to the other, remember?" It sounds silly, but it works.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

meditation does help me as well especially during times of overstress. Sun gazing seems to charge my spirit, it may seem odd but I do send positive appreciative vibes to SOL for sending LIGHT* here on EA*RTH to feed the vegetation which inturn feeds everything else. When interacting with SOL LIGHT I also turn around and allow it to reflect upon my PINEAL gland area for minutes @ a time it also feels reviving and vibrant, not to mention the vitamin d you get from 30 minutes of SOL interactions. Nice to see you getting some of the energy as well
Its not recommended to stare direct at SOL so I dont recommend it but I do it for approx 1-3 minutes sometimes.
edit on 5/31/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Whatever you have to do to avoid that "OH ****" feeling that you forgot to do something important.

That is a terrible way to start the day.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I make sure I wash everything 3 times in the shower. Maybe OCD, but it also ensures I stay fresh all day long and starting the day squeaky clean and sweet smelling gives you a happy feeling.

On special days, when I really want to make a good impression, I will have frankincense resin burning in the room so when I step out of the shower, my pores drink the scent in as I air dry. Then, I have certain people either following me to ask me "what do you have on?" or just randomly asking when in my presence "Who smells so good?"

And tea. Gotta have it. I'm not a picky gal, as long as it's caffeinated and brewed strong, any type will do.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HoppedUp

Sounds like you are "Hopped Up" on some nice things. And on behalf of humanity I have to say we all appreciate someone who smells nicely.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
For me the best way to start the day is a nice mug of coffee, followed by a good dump! I have no doubt whatsoever that many folk have a come up with some pretty good ideas whilst meditating over last night's dinner.
With the window behind me open, I can hear the singing and calling of birds as they awaken to greet the new day, at the same reminding me there is still much beauty in the world some humans seem hell bent on destroying. Next it's into the shower, followed by another coffee that I take out to the deck where I join the birds in greeting the new day, minus the singing of course.
There was a time in my life when I hated routine, but ever since realizing I was routinely hating routine, I have relented a little and now enjoy the routine my first couple of hours of each new day has become.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

since realizing I was routinely hating routine
reply to post by Bkrmn

That made me smile. We are creatures of habit and routines, even when we are against habits and routines.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have done a lot of different rituals (including Uropathy) and meditation practices over the years, but I always tend to come back to one basic technique and that is mindfullness.

Mindfullness is basically having full awarness of your 'beingness' in the present moment - so that could happen at any time during the day. Talking to a friend, riding on a bus, having lunch in a park. Bring your full awarness in to what you are doing or the space around you, and don't judge or analyze it - just feel and enjoy it. Bliss will follow.

Peace Out

top topics

<<   2 >>

join