It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Evidence to the Simulation Theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm sure most of you are all aware of the Simulation Theory and how Checksum was recently discovered in our DNA was apparently provided possible evidence of the Simulation Theory.

Here's the thread regarding the Checksum discovery if you haven't read about that.

Checksum Discovery

I just came accross an article that I thought I would share with you all that I believe could also be possible evidence to the Simulation Theory just as Checksum was.

Johns Hopkins scientists have engineered cells that behave like AND and OR Boolean logic gates, producing an output based on one or more unique inputs. This feat, published in the May issue of Nature Chemical Biology, could eventually help researchers create computers that use cells as tiny circuits.

Engineered or not but the fact that this is even possible might actually offer insights towards the Simulation Theory. Cells as logic gates? I never would have thought that would have ever been possible, using our own DNA to manipulate and create logic gates. And I even took Computer Engineering through Grade 9-12. This just fascinating.

People nowdays like to think we live in great times. But I believe we are only just beginning because it's bound to get a whole lot better. That's of course, not taking into account of any possible cataclysmic event that may or may not happen at the end of this year.

Source - Cells as logic gates

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think this points more towards intelligent design than simulation.
I guess it could go either way.
Just an opinion.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Just an opinion.

why could it not be both ie intelligent design and simulation the majority of religious texts state we are made in their image that is intelligent design and the life we live is a simulation so yah both

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if we learned time was a circle and we'd actually engineered ourselves.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I think this points more towards intelligent design than simulation. I guess it could go either way.

Well, every computer program has a designer.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Just an opinion.

Seeing as the cells were ENGINEERED to do it, I would say they were intellighently designed! We can even give them proof of their creator! Hail the omnipotent human, pitiful cells! Worship us and simple sugar shall rain from the heavens as mana on your agar landscape!

Not hatin', just playin'

edit on 31-5-2012 by TheQuantumAnomaly because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join