It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP oil spill toxins from Gulf of Mexico found in eggs of pelicans nesting in Minnesota - IMPORTANT!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Even if they started to decontaminate now, it would make no difference if they are still using "dispersants."

This has been rehashed in many old threads when this disaster first came to light. Dispersants are not all that evil, and all the health effects associated with dispersants are also associated with every other soap on the market. Your local car wash puts out as many toxic chemicals every year as the oil spill did. A dispersant is really just a soap and an astringent.

The brand name is important for two reasons.
#1. it shows a hole in the original story. No researcher would have used that brand name without being 100% certain, and the only way to be certain was to have proprietary information, and the only way to have that information is to sign a non-disclosure agreement, so it proves the original source is a liar.
#2. It is important to distinguish if the dispersants came from the Gulf where Corexit was used, or the local car wash where a million other types of dispersants that are 99% the same formula as Corexit was used. The only way to attach it to the Gulf spill is to be certain it really was Corexit.

For the record, I live 15 minutes from the Gulf Coast, and I have a good friend that runs a Marine lab here, and there have not been any toxic effects detected in my area. Zero. Now Louisianna did have some bad effects in the marshland and breeding grounds, and it did impact the shrimp and fisheries, and I suspect it will still impact for awhile, but the point is that this particular article from the OP is FALSE.

So the missing 400 million barrels of oil that were never "cleaned up" is just a myth? So "dispersants" aren't designed to make sure the oil clumps together and "sinks?" Was this ever tested on the ocean? You can probably answer no to everything there. If no one knows what the ingredients are in the "dispersants" then how can anyone possibly know the long term effects on something that was never "tested?" We know that its toxic to begin with. No need to deny that. We also know a chemical combination of something that resembles the popular brand name, can be spread when not properly decontaminated.

The impact you speak of, has yet to begin.

EDIT: BP and the US government et al have treated the "dispersant " like a DDT like substance. Spray it on everything and everyone with hopes that it "works," regardless of what it might do to them/everything.
edit on 13-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

The impact you speak of, has yet to begin.

I agree. I've said so many times over the past 2 years. The far reaching effects won't be known for decades. But, this only proves the OP is false. The impacts would not be in bird eggs, they would be in Krill, and Shrimp larvae, and then they will go up the food chain to game fish and birds and humans. The effects will be in population reduction and population explosions in heartier competitors. The ecology of the Gulf will be changed forever, but we won't know it for a very long time. For Pelicans the likely effect will be starvation.

<< 1  2   >>

join