It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 tell tale signs of Zombie Epidemic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
From the Zombie Survival Guide (Max Brooks)

Link

or here

This will be my one and only Zombie Thread but in my opinion, the most important one.

The 1st sign has already emerged.
Killings involving executions and beheading. Going on RIGHT NOW in Mexico.

No. 2: Missing Persons. Men, Women and Children are coming up missing at an alarming rate.

No. 3: Cases of violent insanity. Well, there are examples of this all over ATS this week.

No. 4: Could also be considered as well, protests and civil disorder.

Youve been warned

edit on 31-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

All of these things happen everyday.
Either we are already under a zombie epidemic or this guy needs better tell tale signs.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Suit yourself, apathy and unpreparedness doom many

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
These kind of things have been happening for years ! The most crucial part of any Zombie event (and I think most of us are Zombie movie fanatics) is the speed. There needs to be a fast speed of transmission in which the zombification occurs. It cant just be random things like that.

A good example, would have been that right after that guys face was chewed off, he suddenly began attacking doctors at the hospital. Then thats when all hell would break lose. As far as I know, that would be the beginning of an epidemic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Lol, yea... but you never know, it could have an incubation period, something that doesnt work within the time constraints of a 1.5 hour movie.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sooo 1 question....

Since there has never been a zombie apocalypse.......how do they know what the tell tale signs are?

Sounds like rubbish to me but thats MHO

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Where can I get Juggernog and a Zeus Cannon? That's all I need

I won't rule out anything, but I really don't think zombies will happen though. People are just seeing more than what it really is.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thats my opinion as well.
This whole zombie apocalypse thing is kind of childish in my opinion.

If people really think something like that is going to happen,I have some magic beans for sale.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Lol, yea... but you never know, it could have an incubation period, something that doesnt work within the time constraints of a 1.5 hour movie.

Hahaha ! You have a point though. We"ll just have to wait and see what happens after this. I honestly just think that our society has been thrown this zombie thing so much that it's engraved in our subconscious already. Think about it, book, movies, comics, even boot camp training.

I honestly think "zombies" are the new "2012". People are probably realizing what a bunch of you know what that is and moving on to the next scenario.

COD !!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Anyone ever see The Signal? maybe we aren't dealing with Z-day in a "traditional" sense. Would explain the variations in the attacks anyway.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Drug induced pathogen that would shut down the area of the brain that deal with, pain, would short circuit hunger, fighting, survival, and emotions. Would also effect self awareness the senses of smell, taste, and hearing. thus making one infected a sub human eating machine, what drug ... Bath salts
From abc news

"The cases are similar minus a man eating another. People taking off their clothes. People suddenly have super human strength," says Aguilar. "They become violent and they are burning up for the inside. Their organs are reaching a level that most would die. By the time police approach them they are a walking dead person."
back with a working link abcnews.go.com...

edit on 31-5-2012 by bekod because: editting added working link

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

If people really think something like that is going to happen,I have some magic beans for sale.

Oh give it a rest dude. All I'm doing is taking advantage of the topic of the week to have a little fun with the subject.
If these type of threads upset you that much, dont click on them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Hi Juggernog,

I thought this topic would be interesting, will you be talking about the neuroscience of this zombie epidemic?

Thanks in advance

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To the original post. The Zombie Survival Guide from Max Brooks has some good thought out common sense concepts and ideas that could be put to use in a myriad of different end of the world situations. The whole zombie concept MUST be taken with a grain of salt, it was one of the most tongue and cheek pieces of literature I have ever read. I mean think about who Max Brooks father is??? Pure comedy!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Oh give it a rest dude. All I'm doing is taking advantage of the topic of the week to have a little fun with the subject.
If these type of threads upset you that much, dont click on them.

Who said anything about being upset.........its a discussion thread, and we are entitled to our opinion and to discuss it as we please......

If youre so offended about our insight, then dont post the threads......

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

To late for me, threads already started and i personally thought it was humorous but if its to childish for you, then dont bother.

The whole zombie concept MUST be taken with a grain of salt, it was one of the most tongue and cheek pieces of literature I have ever read.

Yep, exactly. I honestly dont know of anyone that REALLY takes this zombie stuff seriously.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

To late for me, threads already started and i personally thought it was humorous but if its to childish for you, then dont bother.

The whole zombie concept MUST be taken with a grain of salt, it was one of the most tongue and cheek pieces of literature I have ever read.

Yep, exactly. I honestly dont know of anyone that REALLY takes this zombie stuff seriously.

I think he does. Why else would he be so vocal about discrediting your thread? He's trying to whistle away his fears like somebody lost in the woods.

Really, though, I've been thinking about that chapter of the book lately. Bonified zombies or not, current events are enough to raise an eyebrow at and get your z-instincts buzzing.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
From What I understand this book, which I read, is for entertainment purposes only. I assumed since zombies are not real that no one would take the book seriously. You should also read World War Z, now that's more entertainment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Who said anything about discrediting anything?

I asked a simple question......

If you guys are so taken aback by that , i suggest growing thicker skin , seriously.......

Since when does posing questions mean someone is offended?

Seems to me that its the people pointing the fingers that are too easily offended....

After all....you did accost me and another member after posting our thoughts

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Dude, really? I gave a tongue-and-cheek jab at somebody for knocking a tongue-and-cheek thread. You're kidding about taking that seriously, right?

I know sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes but I figured obvious satire and jestly jabs would be easier to pick up on. Do you really think I believe you are a scared little boy lost in the woods? Lighten up, please; it's a zombie thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join