It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture By Big Bird? - GITMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Source

Sesame Street composer Christopher Cerf was stunned to find out that detainees at Guantanamo Bay were sometimes strapped to chairs and forced to wear headphones blasting his music, very loud, for hours or days at a time. A new documentary from Al Jazeera, "Songs of War," explores the surreal phenomenon, and the enduring connection between music and violence.

Hmm, well i guess its better than Waterboarding.. Although after listening to it for hours and hours on high volume, maybe a different method would be of some relief?

just wanted to pass it along cause i think its interesting, and i highly doubt that a lot of americans understand what goes on at Gitmo on a regular basis.

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And you wonder why we are hated so much? America is supposed to be the most humane country in the world? I think not.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Hmm, well i guess its better than Waterboarding.. Although after listening to it for hours and hours on high volume, maybe a different method would be of some relief?

just wanted to pass it along cause i think its interesting, and i highly doubt that a lot of americans understand what goes on at Gitmo on a regular basis.

Thoughts?!

Dude, Gitmo stopped mattering to the world when Obama took over and the media stopped generating outrage over it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Nspekta

Thoughts?!

Dude, Gitmo stopped mattering to the world when Obama took over and the media stopped generating outrage over it.

Guess that depends on who it doesn;t matter to. The general public doesnt hear about it cause the MSM won;t report on the goings on there. The reason they don't report on it? Cause Obama promised to close it down, then when he got elected, he signed an order keeping it open. He wouldn't want his sheeple to find out he LIED would he?!? lol

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Elmo is laughing his a$$ off is sesame street the best they can come up with when it comes to torture? I could teach them a few lessons it's really quite simple find out what the prisoner hates and give them more of that. that is the best torture for example the prisoners at GITMO are mostly arab men so these men hate homosexuals well then let the gays in the military give them some companionship thats a good enough torture also they are muslim so brainwash them with christian songs or teachings that would also be an appropriate torture tactic better than the childs play of sesame street I guess water boarding and naked twister are no longer acceptable forms of torture under emperor Obama

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

I fail to understand how slowly making someone deaf and taking away their rights to a fair trial is an answer to the ongoing conflict. Considering how much of the evidence behind the real perpetrators of 9/11 is still not being addressed, bathing yourself in blind hate does appear to be one of the ways people have in coping with this miscarriage of justice. You are right in that above all is the truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Actually that is not a bad idea.

Have people dress up as sesame street characters and torture you. When you tell someone that sesame street characters tortured you the claims would be so ridiculous that people would believe you hallucinated them, or you are crazy.
edit on 023030p://6America/ChicagoFri, 01 Jun 2012 02:00:42 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
And you wonder why we are hated so much? America is supposed to be the most humane country in the world? I think not.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

This place is in cuba, so blame cuba, America is somewhat humane...

new topics

top topics

join