It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America: Thanks for the Bailout…We’ll Create Some Jobs in the Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Less than four years after it was rescued with nearly $50 billion in taxpayer money, Bank of America has decided to add offshore call-center jobs in the Philippines.

BofA follows other major banks—JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and Wells Fargo—that have already relocated portions of their banking operations to the Philippines.

The decision comes after BofA announced plans last fall to lay off 30,000 workers, and after it received $45 billion from the federal government during the financial crisis. It did pay back the funds and the government made a profit of $4.6 billion

[url=http://www.allgov.com/US_and_the_World/ViewNews/Bank_of_America__Thanks_for_the_Bailout__Well_Create_Some_Jobs_in_the_Philippines_120531]Source[/ url]

Isnt this classic? Why doesn't the US government force them to create these type of jobs within the US? I mean, the US taxpayer GAVE them 50 Billion dollars to rescue them and the thanks they get is jobs created in the phillipines.. unbelievable!

This after it laid of 30,000 workers too!

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth. This makes me sick. For BoA NOT to give back to the same people that had supported them and bailed them out. I guess I knew that would happen but all my hopes were that they would do the right thing and give back. The worst part of it was we did not have a say in the matter at all.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Same with GM in Canada...

The bailout, even though GM DID pay us back, created 120 jobs in Mexico and none in Ontario.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is what happens when most people are brainwashed zombies and people who seem to have no souls are running our banks and handling our money. This is like playing monopoly with that kid that always wants to be banker and always steals.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Second attempt at trying to think of something to type but honestly not really sure what to say about all this, but this seems kind of like something to expect at this point.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Call center business is booming in the Philippines and India. A good, cheap labor pool. That's all they are concerned about, the bottom line, the shareholders. BoA is just evil.

The Marriott had a call center in my town, they closed it late last year. Offered some of the workers jobs in Texas. Outsourced the rest to India. 250 people out of work where unemployment has been over 20%.

A sad, pathetic sign of the times.

top topics

join