It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: West may be forced to seize WMD, report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Source

The West may be forced to seize Bashar al-Assad’s weapons of mass destruction including toxic gas stockpiles, according to the Daily Telegraph newspaper Thursday.
International troops could be forced to intervene in Syria if the collapse of President Bashar al-Assad’s regime were to leave the stockpiles of his chemical weapons vulnerable to terrorists, western diplomatic sources have told the paper.

Like Israel, Syria has not signed the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1997, nor is it a member of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which verifies stockpiles of these weapons.

Syria possesses hundreds of tons of VX, Sarin and mustard gas.

Western governments are concerned about the security of these munitions if Assad’s regime falls or loses control over the relevant sites.

“The thing that privately has got people very worried is chemical weapon stocks,” said the diplomat.

Um.. Where have we heard this before?!?!?!
Yes, he may or may not have chemical weapons etc... Is this going to be the pre-text for attacking and invading Syria?! This news along with the recent massacre among other violent actions may be just the last thing needed to convince the people of NATO countries that they should enter Syria and force a regime change...

another source

Does it seem funny to anyone else that they used the 'forced' to seize the WMD's?

Thoughts?!?!
edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Turkey,Israel will be devastated.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

right, we've heard this before.....and it's a nasty one
damascus will be destroyed.....not Israel.....go with the flow about what has been written from old.

edit on 31-5-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua...our new King

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OMG...OMG...OMG!

INVADE!....... As already pointed out, we have heard this all before!

Hundreds of tons of VX, Sarin and other nasties.... verified by whom exactly? Maybe that nice Mr. Cohen just down the road who knows what goes on all time and can be trusted to tell the truth 100% of the time and NEVER lies.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The British public will NOT support this, our rulers are obviously #ing maniacs but we knew that anyway. Most know Libya was a lie, everyone knows this is another. Disgraceful, Cameron must go now! Then the rest until there are none left, our riots last year gave you an idea what happens when you kill one man. Just wait until 58 million understand what is really going on

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

so you believe bible fairy tales?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If we do this to Syria then by all rights we should do it to Israel as well.

Israel hasn't agreed to anything when it comes to WMD's so they should also be treated as a terrorist nation.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
OMG...OMG...OMG!

INVADE!....... As already pointed out, we have heard this all before!

Hundreds of tons of VX, Sarin and other nasties.... verified by whom exactly? Maybe that nice Mr. Cohen just down the road who knows what goes on all time and can be trusted to tell the truth 100% of the time and NEVER lies.

We know they have them as we still have the shipping receipts
Still they haven't used them,dont you remember all the tear gas in Egypt was labelled "made in the USA"

O yeah and read this link, it may have something to do with the current "crusade" I would re instate the death penalty for David Cameron and Mark Thatcher and others mentioned. There is almost no worse crime than what they were doing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
DUBAYAEMMMDEEEEEEEEES!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm just guessing here, but I'm bet that a lot of these weapons Syria is claimed to posess, actually came from the USA/Britain/Germany. I could be wrong about this, but these countries have a habit of selling certain other countries WMD' then using it as a pretext to later invade.

It's a pretty sneaky practice if you ask me.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Most of its chemical arsenal was from Russia.Well,I hope Syria has a good biological weapons program.Syria has not been attacked because it has an operational WMD arsenal.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Syria has not been attacked because it would bring Iran into direct confrontation militarily through mutual defense treaties with Syria.
There seems to be some outrage that Iran supplies them weapons and ammo, but they are bound by treaty to do so.........besides being happy to.....
What is very unclear, is exactly, WHO is doing the revolting......
This is obviously a put up job.......(not to say it was not the peoples choice in the end.....)
The information on the opposition is so sketchy that its almost like a ghost army.....
The fighting doesnt seem to make any pattern or tactical/strategic sense.....it seems to flare up sporadically all over the place....
The danger of loosing control of some WMDs is perhaps not too overrated.....
The Question of the hour is what if the Rebs do capture these things?
Will they turn them upon their former owners?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Here is the latest from Hilary

The US Secretary of State says Russian policy will contribute to a potential civil war in Syria.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I feel sick

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Iran is weaker than Syria.Syria is the key country thanks to its massive WMD . Iran is far weaker.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wonder how much of mine and other Canadian tax payers money Herr Harper has set aside for this unlawfull occupation? When's it gonna end, when do me, you, and everyone else get to speak for what we want as a country. When is my voice ever gonna be heard, so sick of people acting in my best interests, when there not even close to what I want.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We should not and probably are not surprised.
This was mentioned as a possible target years ago in the PNAC document. Below is summary only:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

And, from an article from last year:

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

I agree, we have heard this before, and as history has shown, it could point us in the direction as to where it is going to go.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Most of its chemical arsenal was from Russia.

How do you know this?

Some proof would be nice.

I'm sure it's possible, but such bold statements deserve some evidence to back them up.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Outside Assitance Syria is significantly dependent upon outside assistance for all of its WMD programs. There have been reports over the life of the Syria program that Syria has obtained significant assistance from various states, significantly Russia and France. Russian General Anatoly Kuntsevich was suspected of smuggling VX precursors to nerve gas for research purposes. The materials shipped to Syria were intended for the production of the Soviet/Russian version of the VX nerve agent - code-named Substance 33 or V-gas. Such a deal might have been made in the early '90s or late '80s during a visit to Syria by the then-commander of the Russian Chemical Corps, General Pikalov. French support came in the form of pharmaceutical imports. In the early eighties, French companies provided an significant portion of pharmaceuticals imported by Syria. By the middle of the decade France provided nearly 1 quarter of pharmaceuticals coming into Syria. Certainly some of the imports were legitimate, but many were "dual use" items that could be directed to clandestine programs. In 1992 following French acceptance of the Australia Group, all exports became to be monitored for chemicals and equipment that could be directed to chemical and biological weapons programs

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

right, we've heard this before.....and it's a nasty one
damascus will be destroyed.....not Israel.....go with the flow about what has been written from old.

edit on 31-5-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua...our new King

Whatever works if it saves lives.

It means "it's time to GTFO when this event happens or die".

Damascus fires chemicles at Israel, Israel fires nukes at Damascus...Damascus becomes an irradiated smoking ruin of a graveyard.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"Force" invasion or "unforced" dont matter...it would split the UN Security council and Russia/China would leave because of it.

Just like the massacre the other weekend...there is no conclusive proof who comitted it yet the West is criticising Assads regime while Assad vehemently denies his involvement.

Another case of Sarajevo Syndrome.....where Western Special forces were snippering opposing groups causing them to start attacking each other.

Nothing is what is seems, and what is on the news networks you must remember is always slanted in a way to support the direction your countries policy leans towards.

Unless you are there and see what is going on, all you have to judge a situation is the propaganda displayed on your tv network.

Deny Ignorance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join