It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI labeling "Occupy Movement" as "Domestic Terrorist".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

FBI labeling "Occupy Movement" as "Domestic Terrorist". But the FBI themselves are the ones inside it, that planned all 'foiled bombings'
The FBI is labeling the "Occupy Movement" as domestic terrorist now. They are doing this due to "foiled bombing" plots. But get this..... all those plots of bombing.... were by inside under cover FBI agents. So it was all a set up to stop the Occupy Movement.

One thing I would like to make clear. I believe all the misinformation of who is involved and behind the Occupy movement is ALL disinfo. This way people do not join en-mass. This way people stay away from coming together against the fraud of Wall Street. The amount of disinfo is amazing. The Occupy movement is by "The People" who are trying to stand up to the Fraud of Wall Street, especially since the SEC and Government will not.

Now the government will really keep people from joining together against Wall Street fraud, because if people do they then will be "Terrorist."

Is this another way they take away our Freedom of Speech (what little is left) as you are labeled a Terrorist if you stand up to the Fraud?

Source

Here it is folks.. just another way the government will be targeting domestic protesters via labelling them as terrorists.

Remember, being labelled a 'terrorist' now subjects you to the Patriot act and all the fun games that could happen to you! Waterboarding, torture, Gitmo visit, etc etc etc

The article talks about how the FBI was the ones who planned the bombings, foiled them and then took the credit for saving people! Now they are saying that the occupy groups are terrorists.. ugh.

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's what they do.

I'm surprised feds havent infiltrated the Girl Scouts, laced some cookies with ipecac, and labeled the GSA a "domestic terrorist" organization.

It's so easy to do.

Hold up a "I hate the Japanese" sign at an AARP meeting and if there are any cameras there at all the AARP will be listed as a hate group by the ADL or the SPLC by the end of the week.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Fine, call me a terrorist, I do not care.
I am as much of a terrorist as Thomas Jefferson.

Either way, it does not change a thing.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What's really sad is the amount of people on ATS that helped spread disinfo against Occupy.

Sure they didn't have any direction or leadership, but if the FBI has to label them "terrorists" then they must have had some sort of effect.......even if it was just to raise awareness.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In our society, the only method of protest which works is by changing what we buy. You cannot be labeled a terrorist for choosing what you will eat, choosing how much energy to consume, or choosing who to vote for. Notice what happens when a majority of people decide to change their behavior very quickly. Recent examples are the Bank of America fees for debit cards and Netflix decisions to change their model. Both decisions were revoked because of the negative response by a huge number of people.

What if people simply refused to speak when they were detained? That is a right. Imaging if everyone followed that advice. Instead of protesting by marching the streets the occupy movement should be working on a new currency - like the bitcoin.

Perhaps the use of social stigma could change behavior. Decide who to invite to social events, based upon a person's job. If people feel like they are on the outside, then they will attempt to seek ways to appease the reacting party. Right now the occupy movement looks like a mess - why walk the streets when cell phones, internet, and all of our technological advancements could effect dynamic and immediate response in mass behavior.

Imaging what it would be like for a company if they were suddenly unable to sell a product for a 48 hour period. That would shake things up. That would also be very legal.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zookman44

Yeah, I agree with you. But first, how do we overcome the obstacles put in place to keep us distracted, DWTS, iphones, twitter...etc. This must be done first, before people will take notice of the things that really matter.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Fine, call me a terrorist, I do not care.
I am as much of a terrorist as Thomas Jefferson.

What a beautiful quote!!!

It really speaks volumes about our current state compared to when America was being born...

We(America in general) have become our own enemy

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Fashion. Make it a priority to use the technology for communication while not getting sucked into the entertainment. Movies and television are still a huge draw for people. Social network sites and games are also a huge draw.

Perhaps it would be interesting to use social network sites to promote certain boycotts. Create a social boycott site where people can earn points by choosing certain items over others to buy. Make the site exclusive so that people are given a motivation to join. By invitation for example.

The market will only respond as a response to the majority of people. As long as the majority likes things the way they are then nothing will change dramatically.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
What's really sad is the amount of people on ATS that helped spread disinfo against Occupy.

Sure they didn't have any direction or leadership, but if the FBI has to label them "terrorists" then they must have had some sort of effect.......even if it was just to raise awareness.

I'd say most ATS posters actually would agree with the FBI. Things have swung very hard to the right around here. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I think this is laughable and it should show people that Occupy is not an Obama reelection front.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't want to bash on the OWS protestors, but between law enforcement and the protestors they make the protest areas inaccessible. I imagine that having to leave Chicago because of protests is not going to give you a favorable view of the protestors. When massive amounts of people gather it seems there is the danger of sparking unrestrained violence. Especially if there are people in place to instigate the violent feelings.

A better way to protest would be to form groups, clubs, which organize through physical meetings and through on-line forums to select an agenda and use legal means to achieve there goals. OWS is doing this, but the use of physical protests in populated areas is playing into the hands of those who want to stop them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So, does this mean they'll be setting up machine gunner posts on every street corner in main cities for NDAA?

Syria, USA - not a lot of difference if it comes to that point.

Maybe the FBI will figure out they are the terrorists and NDAA themselves like they did in OKC.
edit on 31/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why would they need machine guns if no one was around? Have a picnic at the park and look like a regular group of citizens - then talk about whatever you want.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well my biggest concern is merely having any links on your FB or here for that matter about Occupy could kill your chances of being hired anywhere.

Do I need to eliminate my social network over what i feel is a legal right to protest? Will I be charged with crimes for even being vocally supportive of poor people?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I agree with this as well.
The government had to shut it down and had many counterattacks and plans in place to do so.
The same will apply for any future protests that put the status quo at harm or question.

The Fascist in government must continue their dirty deeds at all costs.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Lets just get it over with and consider everyone a Terrorist. Sooner than later that`s what they want.
They have totally lost the meaning of what a terrorist is.

It's getting to the point I have more respect for a true Terrorist at least they know what they are saying and let it be known in most cases why it is. Although I don`t like what they do as well.
Just more talk from a Government agency that has lost it`s meaning yet sometimes they do do what they are supposed to be doing.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

If the FBI is labeling them terrorists, then it is pretty clear who the real enemy is. That would not be OWS, but the Government and their stooges, as well as those that support our current fascist wall street government.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Technically would that now make us terrorist here at this site of ATS at least on certain topics and the thoughts we lead. The only thing we haven't done so far though is rallied like they have for truth to a point that we storm offices or what not. Point is like others have stated it seems like only a matter of time before we all are labeled as terrorist. Seems like we will slowly or are already slowly moving toward that state.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The only problem I have with your approach is that it is akin to throwing darts blindfolded hoping one will stick.

The monsters that set policy in the government are the problem and they work together as a cohesive group in order to effect change.

That is also what must happen in order for the rest of America to effect change.
We must come together as a cohesive group with lines of communication open between each other, the same as the monsters do.

Otherwise, if your approach worked, we could get rid of government all together because why do we need policy makers when we can just let the people decide the direction the country should go through their purchases and choices?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The government is not going to put resources in place unless they feel the need to protect something. OWS does interfere with the regular practice of doing business and getting around.

Those with the most wealth and influence are the ones who get the government to use its resources for protection.

Corporations and certain large industries have the wealth and influence.

Corporations and large industries rely on consumers.

Consumers choose what to buy.

It is not illegal to choose to buy one thing over another.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have never seen anything in the constitution that says business and consumerism trumps freedom of speech or freedom of assembly.

Why is it that most people act like they believe in these rights until they have to walk an extra 300 feet around a protest just to by their damned cappuccino?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join