It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
THIS is what we have a government for? To be concerned about our private lives? They are supposed to protect us not monitor us. They are NOT our babysitters.

This is one (because there are SO many) of the stupidest dumbest inept 'laws' ever conjured up. So Bloomberg wants to pull 'large' sweet drinks from certain places? What the hell will stop a person from buying two smaller ones? What exactly is the purpose here? Fat people are fat because they choose to be fat and not do anything about it. Fat is a choice not a disease!!!!
Taking away a large soda does nothing but gives the State the toe-hole to start dictating you around.

It was one thing to ban cigarette smoking in public. I get that and I agree because it's offensive to others. So the 'law' was protecting 'others'.
This 'law' isn't protecting anyone! Instead it marks the start of more fascism follies.

New York City plans to enact a far-reaching ban on the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, movie theaters and street carts, in the most ambitious effort yet by the Bloomberg administration to combat rising obesity.

The proposed ban would affect virtually the entire menu of popular sugary drinks found in delis, fast-food franchises and even sports arenas, from energy drinks to pre-sweetened iced teas. The sale of any cup or bottle of sweetened drink larger than 16 fluid ounces — about the size of a medium coffee, and smaller than a common soda bottle — would be prohibited under the first-in-the-nation plan, which could take effect as soon as next March. (more)
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 31-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah I read about this in the morning. The problem here is... If people buy a large one then they get it cheaper than buying two separate drinks.

So the way the government now works this is, ban the big drink so that people have to spend more while buying two smaller drinks.

Oh I love how much the government "cares" for our health.

They don't wanna shrink our bellies, they wanna shrink our wallets!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It was one thing to ban cigarette smoking in public. I get that and I agree because it's offensive to others. So the 'law' was protecting 'others'.

Not much of a hypocrite are you. You say we don't need babysitters telling us what to do but your fine with them dumping on smokers because you don't like it.

If people got off their fat lazy butts get a little exercise and ate a proper diet then they wouldn't need to chug down sugar and caffeine for energy. And bans like this wouldn't be needed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join