It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mayan Predictions and Other Doomsday Prophecies???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have placed this is in Social Unrest because I believe it to be causing such for many people. I have read little of the debunking of the Mayan Calendar, but does that do away with 12/21/2012 completely? What do you believe are possibilities of a soon-coming destruction of the World, at least as we know it?

~Mick

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

Would you agree that the world as it was known 100 years ago has been destroyed? How about 50 years ago? How about 25 years ago? It seems that we are entering a time period when things change so quickly that attachment becomes somethat that cannot take hold. By that definition, I would think that the destruction of the world is a continuous process, only matched by the continuous construction that pushes us into new territory.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The calender itself does not claim 'Doom' only some form of transition,and end of a cycle,unfortunaly,the media has portayed it as the 'end of the world'

But unfortunatly to those of soem excitement,will not,but i do believe the world WILL go through some kind of transition..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zookman44

I, too, will agree that the state of our world is gradually getting worse and an exponential rate. It is in light of this that watching the news is often horrifying (not to say that it can be over-hyped for ratings boosts, etc.) when I see such economic collapse, as well as our country going broke for war, and nuclear threats. At any rate, man is destroying himself. I'm glad that I am learning to take care of myself more with less of the Almighty Dollar.

Mick

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I would argue that our world has already experienced such shifts. The magnitude of the industrial revolution, the electronic revolution, and the information age, have all changed how we live in ways that cannot be measured easily. Think about the people who have not adapted to developments, and think about how they must see the world as it has changed.

The real question is what type of technology will cause the next major impact on how we live, and how can we make sure to adapt to it?

My own answer is the time when machines become conscious.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

While it may seem like self-promotion I recommend you read these topics. In them I discuss the actual purpose of the Long Count and what the Maya actually said about 2012.

The Maya and 2012
The Mayan Calendar Explained
The Origins of 2012
edit on 5/31/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In past 80 years the human population has gone from 2billion to 7billion....can we keep growing....I think not something has to give.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Past history shows that any response to an increase of use of resources is matched in several ways. First, groups are divided into haves and have-nots. Second, technology is used to accomodate the shift - such as farming practices which are developed to grow bigger and faster. Third, larger populations require greater efforts for controlling those populations - so the development of strategies to manage huge populations becomes a priority for those in power.

Have we reached a point where the above items have been exhusted? I think that we still have many years ahead of us before those methods are no longer effective.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
MUST READ!!!

PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING DECODED

TARGET IS HACKNEY MARSH !?

www.slideshare.net...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickd1337
... I have read little of the debunking of the Mayan Calendar, but does that do away with 12/21/2012 completely?

~Mick

12-21-2012:

December solstice 2012: 21 Dec 11:12 (UTC)
www.timeanddate.com › Calendar
The December solstice, also known as the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere and the summer solstice in the southern hemisphere, will occur at 11:12 UTC...

strip away all the hoopla of the 13 baktun calendar and we still have the astronomical alignment of the shortest 'daylight' of the year...[except those days be shortened, no flesh would survive]

of course that paraphrased scripture has no connection to 12-21-2012=(winter solstice) but it shows how imagination can connect dots
edit on 1-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join