It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus trailer... Remind you of Ancient Aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyTheEarthTalksTo
The Ancient Alien meme is spreading quickly. But be aware that the globalist elites do have holographic technologies that can be made to look like anything. One possible scenario for the globalist elite is to stage a fake alien invasion in which the aliens demand global government (with the globalist elites at the top of the pyramid). .

Or, if the "Gods" are coming back to throw the Illuminati into a pit of fire (along with their God Lucifer) look for them to try to get the earth to fight these "Gods."

Basically if the globalist elites say the "aliens" are good, you'll want to oppose them. If they say they are Bad, then the aliens are probably some threat to the globalist elite?
edit on 10-6-2012 by BoyTheEarthTalksTo because: (no reason given)

I am fully aware of the supposed "Project Blue Beam". However, it really does nothing to discount the Ancient Alien Theory.

In fact, I can understand a need to stage an alien invasion- people will see a need to unite globally (New Word Order) and we can finally progress into a Type I civilization.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

Scott's story concept was partially inspired by the work of Chariots of the Gods? author Erich von Däniken's writings about the theory of ancient astronauts, suggesting that life on Earth was created by aliens.

it was kinda the plan to make this based on the ancient aliens theory.

Chariots of the Gods was the first book to explore the Ancient Alien theories. All the others are poor copies or embellishments.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The engineers are also huge compared to people, like the giants of old days? Not sure. The star map in the caves point to the planet that all the weapons of the black goo is on though, why would the map point to the weapons planet? This is of course assuming that the planet was always a weapons grade planet.
Not sure why the cave paintings have a giant, unless they visited earth after man came around. The movie was okay, left me with lots of questions and not the good kind.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by killbot2012

The star map in the caves point to the planet that all the weapons of the black goo is on though, why would the map point to the weapons planet? This is of course assuming that the planet was always a weapons grade planet.

I thought the engineers, over time changed their minds about the human race?

As for the planet, thats a very good question. I guess at the time when those cave paintings were done, it was probably a non-military base... but became a weapons base over time.

Not sure why the cave paintings have a giant, unless they visited earth after man came around. The movie was okay, left me with lots of questions and not the good kind.

It seems the engineers were involved with humans in their earliest years. Perhaps, as guides and mentors.
Again, this is also NOT a concept thats original to the movie.

edit on 27-6-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
And then theres this.... a stop motion animation called "prometheus and bob".

Its about a humanoid alien called Prometheus who attempts to guide and "civilize" a caveman named Bob.

Notice how this alien named prometheus is also
- humanoid
- taller
- has an unusual skin tone
- hairless
- has a skintight suit like the engineer towards the end

I wonder if this is where they got the idea for the movie.

edit on 27-6-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I'm sure you're (mostly) kidding, but "Prometheus" in Greek mythology was the god who created humans out of clay. He also gave fire to humans, which basically allowed humans to progress and create civilization.

I'm pretty sure THAT'S where the movie got its title (and where the people in the movie got the name of their ship).

As for Prometheus and Bob, I suppose the similarity between the alien trying to giving the caveman technology, and the Greek myth of the greek God Prometheus giving fire to humanity is the reason for naming the alien "Prometheus".

Plus, it's not very uncommon for pop culture to show aliens as humanoid, tall, and hairless, with unusual skin tone.

I loved Prometheus and Bob, by the way, watching it and other great cartoons on KaBlam! with my young daughter back in the late 1990s.

edit on 6/27/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I'm sure you're (mostly) kidding, but "Prometheus" in Greek mythology was the god who created humans out of clay and gave fire to humans, which basically allowed humans to progress and create civilization.

I'm pretty sure THAT'S where the movie got its title (and where the people in the movie got the name of their ship).

As for Prometheus and Bob, I suppose the similarity between the alien trying to giving the caveman technology, and the Greek myth of the greek God Prometheus giving fire to humanity is the reason for naming the alien "Prometheus".

Plus, it's not very uncommon for pop culture to show aliens as humanoid, tall, and hairless, with unusual skin tone.

Hi.
Well, yes.... I wasn't being 100% serious with my earlier post... I just felt the parallels between prometheus and prometheus and bob were worth mentioning. Nothing else.

I am also aware of the greek god prometheus (Note that both Ridley Scotts Prometheus and Nicks Prometheus and Bob both involve unearthly beings playing a role in humanitys development...) This is the real essence of the movie and the animation.... the subject matter itself goes further than fiction and entertainment.... buts this is material for another thread.

I agree to your statement about pop culture depicting aliens as humanoid, tall, hairless and with an unusual skin tone. Then again, the entertainment industry works around cliches. The central characters of prometheus were the alien engineers.... who happen to resemble the alien "prometheus" from Nickelodeons stop-motion toon.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Another thing is that I also enjoyed Prometheus and Bob....and I felt really bad for the engineer...errr.... I mean, prometheus.

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to base the sequel to Ridleys prometheus around a bunch of engineers training humans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join