It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what swordsman would u choose in the zombie apocalypse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
me and my roommate were chiefin watching game of thrones and the question came up, what three swordsman from any movie or media of any type would you have in your posse when the zombie apocalypse happens? im interested to here your nominees
edit on 31-5-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Probably the singing sword from the roger rabbit movie, as it's as real as the zombie apocalypse itself.

Peace

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

just as swordsman from movies are not real, this a hypothetical question for fun go be a buzzkill on some other forum troll

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I'd use my spidey senses

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FunnyAnswers

spiderman would be a good answer if he used blades, its a shame he doest carry a bladed weapon

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The blonde in kill bill, she got a death touch too!
William Wallace as im a Scot, Claymores are big ass swords
Some kind of ninja, cant think of a name of one right now.
edit on 31-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
anyone with a bladed weapon?

Wolverine - xmen with blades coming out of his hands (as if you didn't already know)
Cloud strife - hero of the final fantsy 7 game and movie
luke skywalker - the force is strong with my posse

if i can't have wolverine because he's not holding his weapon then i choose megazord, that big robot from power rangers that they collectively drive (somehow) and has a massive sword.

edit on 31/5/2012 by listerofsmeg because: i was jedi mind tricked

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
...watching game of thrones and the question came up, what three swordsman

Starting here I'll choose Bronn, "the Hound", and Joffrey.

Why Joffrey? Just so he finally gets into a swordfight and loses.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Goemon, from Goemon movie, hahaha (he's a ninja, excellent movie by the way if you like CG)
Bangkok Dangerous, nicolas cages (haha yes he's hated by a lot people but in this movie he's badass)
Kouga Gennosuke in movie Shinobi (another excellent movie so badass this swordmen)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Jack "Mad Jack" Churchill

He went into WW2 with Longbow and Claymore. There can't be more badass than taking scottish sword in World War 2. He killed 42 germans using that Claymore. And he escaped from concentration camp, not just once, but twice. After that he walked 150 kilometers, he had only onions as food.

"any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed"
- Mad Jack Churchill

And he is real, not movie character

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I would go with Excalibur from fate/stay night. That sword is freaking invisible AND has wind powers!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Michonne from The Walking Dead (seems like a no brainer...lol)
Jube from Ninja Scroll
and I second Wolverine.

again...if Wolvie is DQ'd then Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod from Highlander.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Wow, I answer your hypothetical question with a comical comment and I'm a buzzkill troll on your thread?
Anyhow nice thread, I bet you make tons of friends with an ass attitude like that.

Have a nice day ( or an ass day ) !
Peace!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well honestly i wouldnt want to fight zombies with blades, considering if your close enough to cut them they are close enough to bite you. Also the infection is passed via bodily fluids so hacking some one to death with their blood splattering all over you seems kina like a no no to me. but if i must here are my three.

Dead pool- self healing, super swords man - plus funny as hell.

The high lander Mcloud- or possibly Sean Connery's persona- Immortal who swings a well trained sword

Snake eyes- GI Joe- he is good with a sword, and when working with a guy with a heavy accent, and a merc with a mouth you just want some one to be quite. lol

there you go thats my list

P.S. while they are hacking and slashing i will be off in the distance with my 50 cal picking zombies off as that is where the safe zone would be.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Cloud from ff7 cuz he has a big ass sword.

Kill bill chick.

hmmm.... dead pool or the hot chick from ultraviolent

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Good question

I would want Indigo Montoya and Legolas.
My third choice would have to be Bob Anderson. For those of you who don't know about Bob...

Robert James Gilbert Anderson (15 September 1922 – 1 January 2012) was an English Olympic fencer, and a renowned film fight choreographer, with a cinema career that spanned more than 50 years and included films such as Highlander, The Princess Bride, The Mask of Zorro, The Lord of the Rings and Die Another Day. He was regarded as the premier choreographer of Hollywood sword-fighting,[1] and during his career he coached many actors in swordsmanship, including Errol Flynn, Sean Connery, Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp. He also appeared as a stunt double for Darth Vader's light-saber battles in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
Mark Hamill paid homage to Anderson's contribution, saying: "Bob Anderson was the man who actually did Vader's fighting. It was always supposed to be a secret, but I finally told George I didn't think it was fair any more. Bob worked so bloody hard that he deserves some recognition.

WIKI

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Kambei from the Seven Samurai (without a doubt - would mince everyone else mentioned so far).

Gets tough then though, tbh..............

Actually, scratch that, Genghis Khan from Mongol - self explanatory really, what with being the greatest warlord in history, etc.

Not sure for number three. For old times sake, lets go for Errol Flynn - i have never even seen him take a scratch in whatever guise of pirate of bandit he happens to be in the old black and white films.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
By far Jin or Mugen from samurai champloo. Baddest swordsmen ever (its animated but yeah they win)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would say Conan the Barbarian, Blade, and Spear(a paid assassin that had a one time appearance in Marvel Comics alongside Spiderman). I know you said 3 but I would also have Gambit on the sidelines.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

i get that guns would be ideal, but what happens when ur out of ammo? or u find yourself in a situation were a gun would only attract more zombies to ur location? a 50 cal would bee sweet to have though to kill a zombie all u need is a trusty 22 cal, personally i would carry a Springfield m1a, can pick off zombies, hunt larger game, more effective against hostiles(bandits).

if i had to pick three, obi won kenobi from episode three, katsamotos right hand man from last samurai(dude that gets shot through the mid section and keeps fighting) and not sure on the third yet......

and sorry i wast specific before, me and my roommate were thinking that whoever would have to play by the rules of this realm,(no light sabers or force , no magic, no futuristic technology) just solely skill with a blade.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join