It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian troops to replace US forces in Oruzgan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How am I trolling? I'm legitimately angered by this thread and speaking my mind, admittedly out of anger but atleast I'm speaking my mind; deal with it as you wish mate.

He did say he met some awesome people and I'm not disputing there's plenty of them over there. Even my best friend (better not use th word mate too much more :p ) says the same thing and he's from Orlando!

I mean, my friend that was over there went on a cruise from Miami and him and the boys were wearing Aussie flags as capes and had numerous people tell them to take them off because they weren't yank flags...one dude even told him our flag was nowhere near as the good old blue, red and white...
edit on 31/5/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It comes at the cost of singing a treaty... If it weren't for Curtin's calls to the US as our pleas to Britain were going unheard, we would not have defended to well back then...
We signed the ANZUS Treaty, that's what got us in Vietnam and being a strong ally comes at the cost of service.

I do see your point however that we appear to be the small force always pushed around, but if it weren't for them we wouldn't be doing too well right now.

This is coming from myself as an Aussie.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sierra312

It comes at the cost of singing a treaty... If it weren't for Curtin's calls to the US as our pleas to Britain were going unheard, we would not have defended to well back then...
We signed the ANZUS Treaty, that's what got us in Vietnam and being a strong ally comes at the cost of service.

I do see your point however that we appear to be the small force always pushed around, but if it weren't for them we wouldn't be doing too well right now.

This is coming from myself as an Aussie.

The point is,the alliance never actually helps us. It only ever hurts us.

What do we get out of it?

It risks our economy and our future. We must end the alliance. China is our good friend. America is trying to ruin that,and in turn they will ruin our future. They dont care though.

Why is it that people like you are in favour of the alliance? Please tell me. And if you say for protection,then that is unAustralisn and the most pathetic thing I have ever heard in my entire life. So what other reasons are there? Please tell me. I am really needing that information. I would love to know. Please,do tell.

Harden the [SNIP] up Australia.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Australia is Americas ugly kid. You will always do what we say, and you'll like it. My small affluent neighborhood could take over Australia in a week.

No Australia is Britain's ugly kid not Americas. Why they complaining the Americans and other forces did all the work we bring them in so they can stand around like cigar store Indians.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not a big deal really as proven in past wars 1500 Aussies are equal to 90000 US troops

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I don't think it's egotistical to say that Australia is barely a country, and could be taken over by force in a day by any real country. I'll cop to speaking in hyperbole, but Australians take the island (don't kid yourself) way too seriously. Australia is only good for tourism, or a launch pad for the US, or I guess China.

Well I beg to differ, it is not only egotistical but ignorant as well.
I can tell you have never met any real Aussies I hope one day you do preferably in combat so you can learn the HARD way how wrong you are.
Most Americans are to scared to come here cause of the wildlife our children play keep as pets let alone if you had to face an Aussie digger in his own back yard. Here is a hint Google the battle of long tan & you can get an insight as to what our boys are capable of while you are getting your arse handed to u by girls in pyjamas with a rusty old AK.
Please don't get your ambitions & abilities so confused in future it just makes you look arrogant & ignorant beyond normal American standards which is quite high.
Not just an Island the worlds biggest and best by far why do you think the US & China have such an interest in us.
Aussies take ourselves to srsly, god that's one of the funniest things I have head in a while, yep were sitting on the beach in shorts & thongs drinking beer and saying geez we are just to srs here someone get the bong out quick.

Now I realise not all Americans are arrogant, ignorant self centered pricks but equally I realise plenty are, I'll let you deduce which category I place u in.

With regards to the OP look at it like this at least these days we are ALOWED to command our own troops instead of having the above mentioned types dismiss our capabilities and use us as cannon fodder that's a start.
1 step up from that idiot MacArthur you guys sent over here to claim all our victories as your own.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Actually you'll be surprised to know our military training is top notch and certainly one of the reasons why US special forces finish most of their training in Australia. That's right...we need to spoon feed even your special forces.

The greatest thing about your reaction is it shows precisely what Aussies generally do not like about yanks. As someone else mentioned, at least we'll get the job done and done right without disgracing ourselves or committing suicide because we don't have the mettle for combat.

Have you seen the US Military suicide rates? Your military would have killed themselves before they even reached our shores!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here's a tip, when you hear someone shout "Allah Ahkbar!" and running at you, you're about to get mailed home in a ziplock bag.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
just so its clear as i dont think it has been made very clear australia's defence force does not consist of only 1550 people????? possibly a mistake on your behalf , if not its blatant ignorance lol

The ADF is technologically sophisticated but relatively small. Although the ADF's 59,023 full-time active-duty personnel, 21,850 active reserves and 22,166 standby reserves make it the largest military in Oceania, it is still smaller than most Asian militaries. Nonetheless, the ADF is supported by a significant budget by worldwide standards and is able to deploy forces in multiple locations outside Australia

from wiki

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

We only have 1550 soldiers serving in Afghanistan

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

We're just the US's doormat as far as I'm concerned.

So is Canada and most of the world. The US is owned by the global Banksters that use the US to bend nations. Canada is no exception.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

We only have 1550 soldiers serving in Afghanistan

yes only 1550 in afghanistan while america and other countrys occupy it too, when america withdarwas a lot more australian troops will be sent there, i am pretty sure 1550 Australian or american people is not near enough to do what has to be done to get the [snip] out of there'

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Great. Now we have a bunch of kangaroo chucking crazies taking over. Are all Aussies so anti US? I'm getting the impression everyone in the land down under (under what would violate those annoying Terms and Conditions) blame the wretchedness of their 'country' on everyone but themselves.
reply to post by Domo1

They're probably anti US government, as well as anti-their own government, particularly regarding the wars in the Middle East. Everyone but flag-waving hillbillies should share the sentiment.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I don't think it's egotistical to say that Australia is barely a country, and could be taken over by force in a day by any real country. I'll cop to speaking in hyperbole, but Australians take the island (don't kid yourself) way too seriously. Australia is only good for tourism, or a launch pad for the US, or I guess China.

Let's face it, until the day comes when Australia is defeated by 20 men with box cutters and loses buildings, they will always be far more capable than the US.

Hey, lets talk about the US war record shall we? I'm struggling to think of a war you have won alone in the last 200 years. I doubt there is one. Not like real countries who can fight and win alone.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

thats so true.

We just wanna be noticed and important, we're even willing to have troops left behind in a country of war to help the US save face.

disgusting, how long are we going to be there, how many men will remain and how many body bags do you expect?

US troops absorb all the hard fanatics because they STARTED this, theyve committed horrible crimes and theyve given EVERY single afghan a reason to hate the west.

Thanks George, John & Julia.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join