It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian troops to replace US forces in Oruzgan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Oruzgan Province is located in the middle of the country of Afganistan

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Yes it means they will remove the Command Element since it will no longer be needed with Australians in charge.
Which mean about 20-30 American staff folks will leave, the combat forces will stay. this change allows the Australians to manage their withdrawal from the province, with the Americans taking over again when the Australians leave.

Australia is not leaving entirely. We may stay there for up to ten years our PM said...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Australians combat forces are scheduled to withdraw over the next 18 months and possibly sooner was the last I read. that was 2 weeks ago how soon they leave depends on how fast Afganistan forces finish up their training.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

because it is a word

Which word. Be specific.

intellectually

Hurts.

Either because Australia is an excellent choice to take up the role, or the USA is scared #less to do it themselves...

Australia is Americas ugly kid. You will always do what we say, and you'll like it. My small affluent neighborhood could take over Australia in a week.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yeah I see what your saying, an increased commitment by Australia taking a leadership role will undoubtedly end in more casualties. And I completely agree with the omitting of Australia out of past conflicts but hopefully we won't be ommitted from this one. Canada was involved in 7 battles in the Afghanistan war, but surprisingly Australia with less troops has been involved in over 9 and all with leadership roles in them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Australians combat forces are scheduled to withdraw over the next 18 months and possibly sooner was the last I read. that was 2 weeks ago how soon they leave depends on how fast Afganistan forces finish up their training.

Again, our combat forces are not leaving entirely! While the majority of our forces will leave, Australia will still have major roles (combat, recon, and others) in Afghanistan for at least the next 10 years.
edit on 31-5-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Oruzgan Province is located in the middle of the country of Afganistan

Hmm not really it depends from which angle you look at it because it has a funny shape but Oruzgan is definately located in the south.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Which word. Be specific.

You know which one (Anti-US/Anti-American)

Hurts.

I bet it does

Australia is Americas ugly kid. You will always do what we say, and you'll like it. My small affluent neighborhood could take over Australia in a week.

That's the way, keep talking up # with that ego of yours.
edit on 31-5-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The article you quote for this thread says Australia will be out by 2014, will they leave advisors in country probably as will the US and UK most likely. Australian is not getting screwed here they are being allowed to have command and control of the province while their troops are withdrawn, which means American and Singaporean and Slovakian troops will be under Australian command in province. So I do not really see what the beef with this arrangement is.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The article you quote for this thread says Australia will be out by 2014, will they leave advisors in country probably as will the US and UK most likely.

Julia Gillard has said we will still play a major part in Afghanistan for the next 10 years or so, as i stated above (combat, recon, special forces). This was not covered in the above articles.

Australian is not getting screwed here they are being allowed to have command and control of the province while their troops are withdrawn, which means American and Singaporean and Slovakian troops will be under Australian command in province. So I do not really see what the beef with this arrangement is.

The US is also removing troops from Oruzgan...so, really while we are in control, we will have to commit more soldiers to the area so other countries can leave.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I don't think it's egotistical to say that Australia is barely a country, and could be taken over by force in a day by any real country. I'll cop to speaking in hyperbole, but Australians take the island (don't kid yourself) way too seriously. Australia is only good for tourism, or a launch pad for the US, or I guess China.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Actually as troops are withdrawn they are to be replaced by Afgan Army forces, which is the reason for the transition team in the first place.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

This is happening because the USA needs to free up their own military for a possible showdown with Syria and Iran as well as "defence" detail in Asia.
edit on 31-5-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Lets hope not, Americans as a people are as war weary as anyone else.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Great. Now we have a bunch of kangaroo chucking crazies taking over. Are all Aussies so anti US? I'm getting the impression everyone in the land down under (under what would violate those annoying Terms and Conditions) blame the wretchedness of their 'country' on everyone but themselves.

It's devisive vitriolic vomit such as this that creates division between individual people, cultures, races, nationalities and religious persuations.

....and to answer your question - NO, all Aussies aren't anti US....what a pathetic, gross generalisation of a question to ask.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Oh simmer down. I actually like Aussies. I respect the OP, and completely get the point of the thread. Essentially the US took a giant dump, and now wants it cleaned up. I can see how that would make a person mad.

OP, I get why you are pissed. This shouldn't be your countries mess. but now it is. Not fair, and now you're open season.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Let Yanks die for Yank causes...we're always the ones who do the sh** they either don't want to, can't or are afraid of.

Go take your anti-U.S whinging elsewhere you pack of sooks..I'm anti-America and so's most of the world but most Americans either can't believe it or have their heads so far up their a** they dont even realise.

One of my mates got backfrom over there recently what he had to say was:

The average American doesn't have enough braincells to rub together

Americans are intimidated by us because we're straight to the point aka; don't just dribble BS and are a bit rough for yas to handle.

He didn't even want to eat while he was there because the food is absolutely foul

Exceptions there of course, I don't hate all Americans..my best mate is American well, Bohemian/Jamaican "American"
edit on 31/5/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Anecdotal stories are so fun! I could share some of my experiences with Aussies...but what would be the point? So, your friend "visits" America....and got the full ride, eh? He traveled across the entire continent and met all 300+ million of us? ALL of our food was terrible? Like...which food? You can get any type of meal you'd like here pretty much. Were all intimidated by the straight-shooting Aussies?
Give me a break.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Apparrently you all sook about the c word gettin' dropped too

His exact overall summary was; it's just like the movies, everyone acts like they're on camera 24x7 filling some sort of image role

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Apparrently you all sook about the c word gettin' dropped too

His exact overall summary was; it's just like the movies, everyone acts like they're on camera 24x7 filling some sort of image role

I don't think I like your mate. it should be easy enough to meet good people and eat well in America. I managed that in 3rd world countries. perhaps he found his level, or perhaps he needs to get out more and get a sense of things.

You shouldn't quote him. You have nothing to say about America.

Saying this... well I think there are better people here than to bother trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join