It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renouncing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by PurpleChiten

try Catholicism. It is not trendy like Christian faiths are today, especially in the US. There is a push for a more traditional church. One full of reverence and the sacred. The worship will be solemn, and the worshipers true. I believe the church will clean house and though weakened in numbers, particularly in the US and Europe, it will have true Catholics again.

I don't consider myself catholic anymore but still, I acknowledge the fact that systemized faith can be beneficial for some. I would be catholic if anything at all.

If you do decide to go the catholic way, find a traditional church, preferably one that embraces the Latin mass and / or its literal translation. I would refrain from attending the "new age" Novus Ordo church. It is a disgrace and will be eliminated as it should have been a long time ago. If all else fails, carry your faith yourself. Learn your traditions, practice them and if need be, be your own priest. Read a mass a week. Immerse yourself in study of scripture when you can and live by the teachings until you find a community that resonates with you.

Sorry, I disagree with the Catholic Church even more than I do the fundamental evangelical cult churches.
I'm a Methodist and have a wonderful church and will continue with it. I just won't claim that title here at ATS due to the poor example that so many set. I am not part of their group and will not use the same descriptive term that they use. i'm a follower of Christ, not a follower of whatever it is they are worshipping.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I assume you're talking about the "new agers" and their masked death cult? I wonder how many people know that "amen" is a reference to the sun god of the sands.
Wow, christianity has morphed into some kind of frankenstein

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Good for you
, but the rabbit hole gets even deeper. Good luck on your journey.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Don't fret, "Christian/Christianity" is just a label, and in fact, it was a label given to it by secular folls anyways. I believe the apostles called themselves followers of the Way. But I wouldn't suggest that today, that's the name of a cult. Drop the label, it's not that big a deal. Just continue to believe on Christ, heal the sick, feed and clothe those in need and love your fellow man as you would love yourself and let your life be a living epistle to those around you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join