It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Please note what appears at the top of each page in this forum:

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Please, follow the above!!!!
You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

At the very least, posts that are not civil will be removed.....
edit on Sat Jun 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Woah!!!!

I am so sorry OPer!!!

I want to post something to the topic, but I have only ignorance. So I decided to come in and let you know someone reading "got it"

And to all you other members, shame on you. So what if he is familiar with 42 and not "Hitchhikers Guide". At least they know OF the content in that guide.

I think you all need to take your towels, and wipe of that anger.

TOPIC!!

As I said, I have very little (if anything) to contribute there. My beliefs say that you can not be correct, but that doesn't mean you are wrong. (Cause they are just beliefs, AKA fancy opinions)

Does your theory have that same fanciness, sure! Although, if we are the result. Well the creator(s) need to go back to the drawing board...just look at how we acted in here...sure doesn't look very godlike.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
...thought I was on topic, but apparently wasn't... sooooooo
ok...
So the talking cats become "sentient" and have to adapt to their new environment.
Possibly the first thing they would do, like we did as humans (and chitens of course), would be to develop religion to help them try to understand who they are and where they came from.
Luckily for them, the LOLCats have left them a guide from Ceiling Cat to Basement Cat and everything in between

www.lolcatbible.com...

OH HAI!
Blessinz of teh Ceiling Cat be apwn yu, srsly. This is the lolcat Bible Translation Project, a project dedicated to translating the entire Bible into lolspeak. The Project started in July of 2007 and so far we have most of the Bible translated!

Here's Genesis to get started with

Boreded Ceiling Cat makinkgz Urf n stuffs

1 Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.

2 Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.

3 At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4 An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.5 An Ceiling Cat sayed light Day An dark no Day. It were FURST!!!1

6 An Ceiling Cat sayed, im in ur waterz makin a ceiling. But he no yet make a ur. An he maded a hole in teh Ceiling.7 An Ceiling Cat doed teh skiez with waterz down An waterz up. It happen.8 An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has teh firmmint wich iz funny bibel naim 4 ceiling, so wuz teh twoth day.

9 An Ceiling Cat gotted all teh waterz in ur base, An Ceiling Cat hadz dry placez cuz kittehs DO NOT WANT get wet.10 An Ceiling Cat called no waterz urth and waters oshun. Iz good.

11 An Ceiling Cat sayed, DO WANT grass! so tehr wuz seedz An stufs, An fruitzors An vegbatels. An a Corm. It happen.12 An Ceiling Cat sawed that weedz ish good, so, letz there be weedz.13 An so teh threeth day jazzhands.

14 An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has lightz in the skiez for splittin day An no day.15 It happen, lights everwear, like christmass, srsly.16 An Ceiling Cat doeth two grate lightz, teh most big for day, teh other for no day.17 An Ceiling Cat screw tehm on skiez, with big nails An stuff, to lite teh Urfs.18 An tehy rulez day An night. Ceiling Cat sawed. Iz good.19 An so teh furth day w00t.

20 An Ceiling Cat sayed, waterz bring me phishes, An burds, so kittehs can eat dem. But Ceiling Cat no eated dem.21 An Ceiling Cat maed big fishies An see monstrs, which wuz like big cows, except they no mood, An other stuffs dat mooves, An Ceiling Cat sawed iz good.22 An Ceiling Cat sed O hai, make bebehs kthx. An dont worry i wont watch u secksy, i not that kynd uf kitteh.23 An so teh...fith day. Ceiling Cat taek a wile 2 cawnt.

24 An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has MOAR living stuff, mooes, An creepie tings, An otehr aminals. It happen so tehre.25 An Ceiling Cat doed moar living stuff, mooes, An creepies, An otehr animuls, An did not eated tehm.

26 An Ceiling Cat sayed, letz us do peeps like uz, becuz we ish teh qte, An let min p0wnz0r becuz tehy has can openers.

27 So Ceiling Cat createded teh peeps taht waz like him, can has can openers he maed tehm, min An womin wuz maeded, but he did not eated tehm.

28 An Ceiling Cat sed them O hai maek bebehs kthx, An p0wn teh waterz, no waterz An teh firmmint, An evry stufs.

29 An Ceiling Cat sayed, Beholdt, the Urfs, I has it, An I has not eated it.30 For evry createded stufs tehre are the fuudz, to the burdies, teh creepiez, An teh mooes, so tehre. It happen. Iz good.

31 An Ceiling Cat sayed, Beholdt, teh good enouf for releaze as version 0.8a. kthxbai.

edit on 2-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The prime observer is also another explanation. The Prime Observer being the source the one and only true conciousness, who is asking a question Why did conciousness come into being? A question that really can never be answered but it's having a hell of a blast trying to answer it. Also this Prime Observer, conciousness has a great imagination.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

hello asshat. you are still avoiding the topic. The origins of man & meaning of life have been talked about many times in a straight clear cut manner & I'm just trying to approach it from a different angle and so I thought I'd make it more interesting for myself and everyone else by explaining it with analogies & using a title that said one thing and meant something else.

If that is the case...then FAIL.

its fun & creative.

not really, just kind of stupid and innane

I'm a writer so I like to do poetic things & flip the meanings around on words because thats who I am.

apparently not a very good one...

If you are too god damned thick in the head to decrypt the op then god help you. Also your faux rebuttal was crass & transparent. if people can't read between the lines to understand what I'm saying that's their problem for being morons and mine for not being able to talk to any of them.

It seems everyone on the thread was able to decrypt it and found it utterly stupid, yet were willing to discuss it as a humanitarian effort to assist you. As far as the status of moron goes, you do hold a patent on it

If people want to avoid the topic and post cat videos thats fine too but don't harp on at me if I develop an attitude because of it. My goal is to discuss the ideas, so if that's not happening then i'm wasting my time...

your goal = FAIL ...wasting a lot of other people's time too btw

maybe you should be asking yourself why you took my posts so personally

some folks are just humanitarian in that way and want to try to help those who visably deserve pity, it's part of the human condition ya know.

meh, carry on but don't expect success in your endeavor, I'm sure you're accustomed to that by now
edit on 2-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

you self righteous forum hero. bet that felt good didn't it? two people even believed your drivel enough to star you. You even did the point by point quote thing so you could take little digs on every point. I used to do that. its very satisfying. However when I started doing it to shut people down (like you are here) rather then furthering the discussion of the topic at hand I knew it was time to get off ATS and find something else to fill my time... hint hint... wink wink..

if my theory was so inane unimaginative and boring that you could understand it instantly and that also that's the reason why no one is being on topic and everyone is posting cat videos... wait sorry that theory is far too stupid to even give credence too.

You would have mentioned/replied to specific points from the op if you'd really understood and read it. But like I said you're just a typical forum hero looking to ignore the topic and play school-yard popularity games from the safety of your PC. Its a classic card and you played it well...

I stand true to my beliefs... Even if I stand alone.

-TF
edit on 3-6-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
The prime observer is also another explanation. The Prime Observer being the source the one and only true conciousness, who is asking a question Why did conciousness come into being? A question that really can never be answered but it's having a hell of a blast trying to answer it. Also this Prime Observer, conciousness has a great imagination.

Thankyou so much you beautiful person for posting the first on topic post of the thread;
I have alot of love for you right now. You have provoked new & exciting thoughts within my mind, I enjoyed reading your contemplations. Thankyou for restoring some meaning & balance in this thread again. It is appreciated. Feel free to share more thoughts on the topic, this is an open discussion.

Peace & Respect.
-TF

ETA: you're right about the value of life.. we are blessed to be experiencing it.. and it is alot of fun to ponder our existence... we agree..
ETA2: I'm reading this thread backwards so yours is the first on topic post I've seen

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!

Please note what appears at the top of each page in this forum:

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Please, follow the above!!!!
You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

At the very least, posts that are not civil will be removed.....
edit on Sat Jun 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Then I am relying entirely on your brilliant deduction abilities to know what is & isn't 'right'.... glad it is out of my hands... nice to know interest has been gathered... it will be both fun & interesting to see how this thread progresses.. for me at least...

Peace & continuing Respect..

-TF]

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Woah!!!!

I am so sorry OPer!!!

I want to post something to the topic, but I have only ignorance. So I decided to come in and let you know someone reading "got it"

And to all you other members, shame on you. So what if he is familiar with 42 and not "Hitchhikers Guide". At least they know OF the content in that guide.

I think you all need to take your towels, and wipe of that anger.

TOPIC!!

As I said, I have very little (if anything) to contribute there. My beliefs say that you can not be correct, but that doesn't mean you are wrong. (Cause they are just beliefs, AKA fancy opinions)

Does your theory have that same fanciness, sure! Although, if we are the result. Well the creator(s) need to go back to the drawing board...just look at how we acted in here...sure doesn't look very godlike.

not only did you understand the topic, and the referrence and the analogies. You actually understood to a certain extent who i am & what i'm all about showed by literally matching my style of explanation, communication & meeting me on the same wavelength... which is just completely [SNIP]ing excellent. honestly thats bloody awesome. Because it means one of two things, either you are an amazing communicator and understood how I was operating & matched it to be able to express the ideas better.. Or.. we are very similar already. Either way that's brilliant....

you sir or madam, know exactly 'what is up'. no ignorance that I can see.

Please to be having a good day

Peace & Respect,
-TF

ETA: part of why it makes me so happy that you understood is because I am being un-apologetically myself in this thread, no cotton wrappings, no bars held (other then T&C) I'm not trying to conform to please others, I'm just being myself... or more accurately.. this is an aspect of who i am.. represented authentically.. anyway.. your post was appreciated...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

...thought I was on topic, but apparently wasn't... sooooooo
ok...So the talking cats become "sentient" and have to adapt to their new environment.
Possibly the first thing they would do, like we did as humans (and chitens of course), would be to develop religion to help them try to understand who they are and where they came from. Luckily for them, the LOLCats have left them a guide from Ceiling Cat to Basement Cat and everything in between www.lolcatbible.com...

Thank you for participating in a productive manner. It is appreciated.
The cat thing is an analogy. please don't focus on it if you have other options.

Here's is the theory in a straight forward and clear manner...

Aliens made labs & took early 'man' spliced their dna with the 'man' species and made advanced man.

we were used as slaves as long as we were useful & then discarded like the millions of tiny lives in your sperm everytime you orgasm. That's about our importance level in the scheme of things as a lifeform. We got it twisted because when they taught us the bare minimum required to be useful; we thought we somehow mattered and built a rich tradition and religious beliefs around it & spent 1000's of years creating spin-off's & revisions to live by...simultaniously trying to reconcile that intelligence with our animal instincts to have sex kill eat sleep & destroy as often as possible regardless of anything.....

BUT! Now its different.

Because like the crazy abandoned people who live in the woods and learn to live from the wolves and become wolf people, we (as a species) are doing the same thing.

We are learning what we are and where we fit in or more accurately that we don't fit in and this in turn is leading to a better use of our potential to change things, as a species as a whole.

This whole thing I just mentioned is what I believe also gave rise to secret societies and their secrets. based on the publicly available evidence they are not the same today as they once were, goals have changed and such. but that is just the perception available & promoted, not necessarily the truth.

So that's the theory in a nutshell if memory serves correct... its already changing though.. people are contributing.. ideas evolving...
-TF

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Yeah, some cats can talk just fine on their own.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I haven't seen that video since the south park episode that sort of mocked it but I think that that cat is honestly trying to emulate human speech. If it is trying to talk like people then that is quite inspiring.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by ThoughtForms

You asked why this thread wasn't getting much traffic. He told you that if you focused your OP on the point you were trying to make and perhaps made the title more relevant you would achieve the desired results. You proceed to call him an asshat for answering your question. Goodbye

You sir or madam, need to read things before you speak. ok? ok. I never asked a question. You also join the increasing list of people not talking about the topic.

If the topic had been clearly defined, or even slightly defined, I'm sure more folks would have discussed it. That was the mistake of the OP in doing a very poor job of presenting what they wanted the topic to be

Actually buddy it was a deliberate move to avoid people who couldn't decrypt it.
Also you are contradicting the things you said in your scathing attack on my character.
you said it was easy to understand and that's why no one was interested, now you say its confusing......

you are a noob troll at best, but with work you may grow to really ruin some peoples days. don't give up hope.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

He was trying to help you understand why that may be and give you advice that could help you get the traffic you desire.

i'm not interested in quantity that's your second mistake. I want quality which to me equals on-topic discussion.

You don't get quality out if you don't put quality in. Do a better job writing the original post, then do a better job interacting with others and try, really, really TRY to have a little bit of sense and you might be more successful.

what is it that really causes you to harbor so much hatred? the bolded part is the only consistant part of any of your posts, unnecessary slander based on foundations that aren't factual. It reveals how eager you are to have an opportunity to be that way towards people.. it saddens me to think this & I hope your life situation improves so that you can hope for brighter & more positive things then to slander people on forums.......

-TF

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

in the spirit of A question that really can never be answered but it's having a hell of a blast trying to answer it.
i wish to be trying to understand better...

is the prime observer each and everyone of us, the individuality is a cause of physicality and not true of spirit? i.e. my thoughts are mine but my essence/soul is 'ours'??

if so then maybe it is that way in a means to give different points of view from which to look from; and one reason for that might be it's quicker to resolve the puzzle that way.

Perhaps also it is a closed system accountable for some but not all human life... imagine if you will that asides from aliens that visited earth and messed with some monkey-men thousands of years ago... there are other alien lifeforms (or 'gods') who can exist as sentient self aware spirit/essence/soul and chose to 'be a human' for a lifetime because A.) the experience of it, B.) the age we're in right now is appealing to them C.) earth is a holiday resort birth you check in death you check out... D.) more refined souls returning to earth to help the others...

On top of that it would make sense also that there is something 'outside' of all that as well, observing beyond the one great observer you speak of & the little tourist observers & helper observers I speak of.. yet 'higher/further away' observers. And I just realized there aren't any appropriate words to describe where/what & how they are in relation to us. its an ineffable thing. However whenever I consider it.... it seems quite plausible..

-TF

edit on 4-6-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I haven't seen that video since the south park episode that sort of mocked it but I think that that cat is honestly trying to emulate human speech. If it is trying to talk like people then that is quite inspiring.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

you may not wish to talk with me further and that is fine but this is still my thread and people are reading it who are not involved in any prior exchanges you and I may have had so I wish to expand a little bit on what you just said there...

why did the egyptians worship cats?

Also...Why when a highly regarded scientist whose name I forget took a highly potent chemical substance I cannot name due to T&C, did he break down and cry when he saw a bohemoth sized cat made of jewel's staring back down at him and its sheer perfection and beauty made him feel very very very insignificant as an organic bag of meat and how blessed he felt to be witness to it..?

now those 2 things might seem irrelevent if it weren't for the 'god-like' nature of cats in both egypt and this mans 'visions', and that the egyptians had their own substances used for comminicating with gods and having visions, just like this modern day scientist.

So that presents a very interesting question. are these examples of the power of the mind exhibiting jungian archetypes, Or evidence of cat gods?

I'm being quite serious.... if you consider the evidence ... there is no right answer...

and if there are indeed cat gods... maybe there is more to talking cats then we realise..

-TF

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
well I may have cut off my nose to spite my face with my behaviour in this thread...
but this has been an interesting experience nonetheless...

Thank you all for participating...

Peace,

TF
edit on 5-6-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join