It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sorry also if it seems I'm being cold in my replies...

but I'm just trying to get to the core of the questions & answers as quickly as possible, which might mean I will at times sound like a robot or straight up not very nice. I will do my best to make time for pleasantries. I'm an impatient soul. please don't take it personally, it's not at all. ha, involuntary rhyming... gotta love it..
edit on 31-5-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Have you ever had a cat in heat? Or, the males in particular during the early spring. Mine chirps and talks all day and night.
He doesn't just "meow", it seems like he's putting a whole sentence together, or even a question some times. The things he's "saying" have an inflection. It's crazy to hear, he adds all kinds of syllables. It's clear that he is trying to communicate through speech and body language. However, he only does this during mating season, usually around Christmas through early February.
He and I could talk for up to five minutes at a time. It's funny as hell.
I've had other very talkative cats in my lifetime...there's something to it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms
reply to post by amongus

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy...
Monty python too apparently....

You forgot Prince.

Dig if you will..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

cats can be smart as anything.. my cat winks back at me if I wink at it.. changes which eye its winking with when I do too... it doesn't seem to understand any meaning attributed to the action, other then hey I see you and I'm communicating with you.. which usually makes her purr and walk around marking things. I have a happy cat which makes me happy.... She also talks & knocks on the door to be let it.. its a thin door so it rocks back and forth in its frame and makes noise which she is strong enough to do by hitting it.. used to try and open the door by climbing onto the couch and pawing at the handle.. guess she learnt from watching humans.. also meows quite lyrically and melodically, with noticeable disappointment if I take too long answering the door. makes crazy noises if it gets left out in the backyard at night by accident and the doors get shut. also talks if I'm making a coffee in the morning and don't give is a saucer of milk... more behaviours it learnt on its own... its been trying to steal left over food from dinner plates now.. but respectfully if you can imagine it.. in full view.. stops if you say anything.. trips me out though.. I have quite an aware cat.. guess I'm lucky... just wish it would stop catching birds... its gotten 2 so far...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm still looking for serious discussion of the topic if anyone's interested.. I'll check again tomorrow.. peace ats..

ETA:the topic isn't cats..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by ThoughtForms

errr... Douglas Adams, the guy who wrote the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, you know, the book where they work out the meaning of life etc. by building a big computer who answers them with '42'.
Mice were responsible... Hang on, if you dont know all this, why did you name the thread 42?

There are other sources for the 42 besides just the Hitch Hikers Guide, he probably got it from one of the other sources. It was a meme like the duck lips and planking things are on facebook and Adams included it in his work

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
2 days, no replies about the topic and a mod moves my thread to skunk works. maybe that's where it belongs but I think it should probably have been moved to the philosophy forum.

this has been a complete waste of time.

2 years ago ats>current ats

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Well, that's not very nice.

Perhaps your OP was just a bit on the silly side? It was scatter-brained and pointlessly obtuse. You name it '42', with barely a notion of its origin.... In the book, we are the computers, to solve the answer (for the mice) to what the ultimate questions answer (42) really meant. They knew the answer was 42 (from the Deep Thought computer), but pined to know the meaning of it all. Hence, we were made (the Earth computer), destroyed by accident (Vorgon's, curse them), and made once more (Earth V2).
The whole op was a odd take of Adams work, that you knew none of!?

Maybe this whole thing was supposed to be deeper than that (Origin's of Intelligence, would have been a better title), maybe try to re-word your entire op, leave out the cats and 42 references, and actually form a succinct theory on which you would like to discuss in depth with ATS rather than spit on those who did try to partake in this thread.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
Apes don't have the vocal chords for human speech. I don't think cats will be talking anytime soon.

Oh really???!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Well, that's not very nice.

Perhaps your OP was just a bit on the silly side? It was scatter-brained and pointlessly obtuse. You name it '42', with barely a notion of its origin.... In the book, we are the computers, to solve the answer (for the mice) to what the ultimate questions answer (42) really meant. They knew the answer was 42 (from the Deep Thought computer), but pined to know the meaning of it all. Hence, we were made (the Earth computer), destroyed by accident (Vorgon's, curse them), and made once more (Earth V2).
The whole op was a odd take of Adams work, that you knew none of!?

Maybe this whole thing was supposed to be deeper than that (Origin's of Intelligence, would have been a better title), maybe try to re-word your entire op, leave out the cats and 42 references, and actually form a succinct theory on which you would like to discuss in depth with ATS rather than spit on those who did try to partake in this thread.

hello asshat. you are still avoiding the topic. The origins of man & meaning of life have been talked about many times in a straight clear cut manner & I'm just trying to approach it from a different angle and so I thought I'd make it more interesting for myself and everyone else by explaining it with analogies & using a title that said one thing and meant something else. its fun & creative. I'm a writer so I like to do poetic things & flip the meanings around on words because thats who I am. If you are too god damned thick in the head to decrypt the op then god help you. Also your faux rebuttal was crass & transparent. if people can't read between the lines to understand what I'm saying that's their problem for being morons and mine for not being able to talk to any of them. If people want to avoid the topic and post cat videos thats fine too but don't harp on at me if I develop an attitude because of it. My goal is to discuss the ideas, so if that's not happening then i'm wasting my time... maybe you should be asking yourself why you took my posts so personally...
edit on 1-6-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You asked why this thread wasn't getting much traffic. He told you that if you focused your OP on the point you were trying to make and perhaps made the title more relevant you would achieve the desired results. You proceed to call him an asshat for answering your question. Goodbye

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

You asked why this thread wasn't getting much traffic. He told you that if you focused your OP on the point you were trying to make and perhaps made the title more relevant you would achieve the desired results. You proceed to call him an asshat for answering your question. Goodbye

You sir or madam, need to read things before you speak. ok? ok. I never asked a question. You also join the increasing list of people not talking about the topic. You aren't even posting cats videos or lifting the mood. Guess how much that makes you matter to me guy.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
edit on 2-6-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

P.S)
the things people choose to get on their moral high horse about.. makes you wonder if deep down they get off on it...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You're right, you didn't ask a direct question, but he was responding to this

2 days, no replies about the topic and a mod moves my thread to skunk works. maybe that's where it belongs but I think it should probably have been moved to the philosophy forum. this has been a complete waste of time. 2 years ago ats>current ats

He was trying to help you understand why that may be and give you advice that could help you get the traffic you desire.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

He was trying to help you understand why that may be and give you advice that could help you get the traffic you desire.

i'm not interested in quantity that's your second mistake. I want quality which to me equals on-topic discussion. Pretty graphics and friendly demeanor might get you traffic but creativity & puzzles attracts critical thinkers and problem solvers which are who i desire. Also I desire balance so I'm not going to tolerate off topic posts of any kind whatsoever that aren't cat videos or positive in some way. What you refer to as help I refer to as a pain in the ass. again positivity or on topic posts are the only ones I will respond to with any kind of obligatory norms beyond what the t&c require... you know why? because you are wasting my damn time... if you're going to waste my time at least have the courtesy to involve some freaking cats....and if you can't do any of that for me I am going to have some fun and mess with your head. like I am right now. Goodbye.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Smokeydawn gets a star for arguing for truth & wins the highly regarded contributor of the day award.

P.S) gets you a free hamburger at a popular chain restaurant.

Disclaimer:does not actually get you a free hamburger. It is an award of the mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
Apes don't have the vocal chords for human speech. I don't think cats will be talking anytime soon.

Oh really???!

WOW! He's bilingual!!!

pretty darn cool!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

hello asshat. you are still avoiding the topic. The origins of man & meaning of life have been talked about many times in a straight clear cut manner & I'm just trying to approach it from a different angle and so I thought I'd make it more interesting for myself and everyone else by explaining it with analogies & using a title that said one thing and meant something else.

If that is the case...then FAIL

its fun & creative.

not really, just kind of stupid and innane

I'm a writer so I like to do poetic things & flip the meanings around on words because thats who I am.

apparently not a very good one...

If you are too god damned thick in the head to decrypt the op then god help you. Also your faux rebuttal was crass & transparent. if people can't read between the lines to understand what I'm saying that's their problem for being morons and mine for not being able to talk to any of them.

It seems everyone on the thread was able to decrypt it and found it utterly stupid, yet were willing to discuss it as a humanitarian effort to assist you. As far as the status of moron goes, you do hold a patent on it

If people want to avoid the topic and post cat videos thats fine too but don't harp on at me if I develop an attitude because of it. My goal is to discuss the ideas, so if that's not happening then i'm wasting my time...

your goal = FAIL ...wasting a lot of other people's time too btw

maybe you should be asking yourself why you took my posts so personally

some folks are just humanitarian in that way and want to try to help those who visably deserve pity, it's part of the human condition ya know.

meh, carry on but don't expect success in your endeavor, I'm sure you're accustomed to that by now
edit on 2-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You sir or madam, need to read things before you speak. ok? ok. I never asked a question. You also join the increasing list of people not talking about the topic.

If the topic had been clearly defined, or even slightly defined, I'm sure more folks would have discussed it. That was the mistake of the OP in doing a very poor job of presenting what they wanted the topic to be

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

i'm not interested in quantity that's your second mistake. I want quality which to me equals on-topic discussion.

You don't get quality out if you don't put quality in. Do a better job writing the original post, then do a better job interacting with others and try, really, really TRY to have a little bit of sense and you might be more successful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join