It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Dig if you will this picture...

Think about what would happen if you spliced dna from a sentient advanced intelligence with a cat and made super intelligent cats in a lab. then let them go and breed with all the other cats until you have a race of 'god-like' talking cats. Now imagine how freaking confused those cats would be and the things they'd experience the more they learnt about their place in the universe and how unnatural they were. asking questions like "I can haz talking but that lion can't?" and "damn nature! why so cruel?"

Now imagine that the same thing happened to monkeys thousands of years ago by some other 2 legged sob's. That's us.... we're the confused monkeys.

And its no wonder when the talking monkeys look at their surrounding and find they're the odd ones out, they mess things up. because they don't understand the universe, themselves, the whys and hows, but they feel somehow responsible for all of it anyway, or they try as hard as they can to look the other way. Because no one likes to be confused.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

42? Why cryptic?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Perhap's the OP is thinking of the advanced race of mice which rebuilt Earth v2??? I have no idea. But I'm keeping my eye on them in case he/she starts eating peoples faces which is all the rage nowadays.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I'm rarely confused, but often curious.

It's gotten me into trouble in the past and probably will in the future.

But I still wonder...

"Why can't I haz free Cheezburger?"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Now to reiterate & extend upon this concept without analogies...

If we knew our true & un[SNIP]wittable history right back to our origins, would we as a species be less confused about things such as 'the meaning of life?'

for e.g. what if we found out that whatever put us here did so without any regard for what would happen once we became expendable, therefore there really wouldn't be one right answer to the meaning of life by our very design. in other words maybe the way we came into existence didn't allow for a history for us to stay grounded with & therefore you & your world are what you make it, quite literally, because we as a species have already fulfilled the purpose we were created for, and as such its up to us to do whatever the [SNIP] we want.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy...
Monty python too apparently....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Apes don't have the vocal chords for human speech. I don't think cats will be talking anytime soon.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

its an analogy that becomes a literal explanation for the origins of the human species, the origins of human nature, the nature of our existence & what exactly the meaning of life is.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

but humans do... darwins said we evolved from apes... christians said we were cooked like a pie.. christians would probably argue with that analogy but god had a recipe & so did jesus did they not?... graham hancock subscribes to an aliens spliced their dna with us in a lab or straight up breed with us theory... all these ideas are present in my theory.. I'm saying we did evolve from apes as darwins said.. but the change was not gradual.. a frog in a slow boiling pot of water won't 'detect that something wrong' (i.e. confusion) and jump from the boiling pot, gradual change does not cause confusion. sudden change does. therefore it makes sense that during our natural evolution as apes, something sudden happened which advanced us too quickly and as we progressed through the ages.. iron.. stone.. etc.. industrial.. now... we did a whole pile of crazy messed up stuff and still do because we're waaaaay more advanced then we were ever meant to be. now the onus is on us as a species to work out what to do about it...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

Now too reiterate & extend upon this concept without analogies...

If we knew our true & un[SNIP]wittable history right back to our origins, would we as a species be less confused about things such as 'the meaning of life?'

for e.g. what if we found out that whatever put us here did so without any regard for what would happen once we became expendable, therefore there really wouldn't be one right answer to the meaning of life by our very design. in other words maybe the way we came into existence didn't allow for a history for us to stay grounded with & therefore you & your world are what you make it, quite literally, because we as a species have already fulfilled the purpose we were created for, and as such its up to us to do whatever the [SNIP] we want.

My thoughts on this is that we are all born to die.

It's the journey in between that matters...if only to us.

Myself?, I'd rather help folk than have rampant anarchy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Its also a number....

I'm not knocking Mr Adams (loved his Liff book), but I think your taking things a little too serious here...
edit on 31-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

mr who? what are you talking about. read it again if you didn't understand or ask me to explain.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

errr... Douglas Adams, the guy who wrote the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, you know, the book where they work out the meaning of life etc. by building a big computer who answers them with '42'.
Mice were responsible... Hang on, if you dont know all this, why did you name the thread 42?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
My thoughts on this is that we are all born to die.
others have had that thought before and I agreed with them but things grow & evolve... the issue with this statement of yours is that if that's what we were 'born for' (i.e. the meaning of life) then we would die instantly. if the only reason to live was to die we would do so as soon as possible. but people don't like death do they? no they hate it. people struggle to live. therefore I cannot reconcile the inconsistencies of that theory in order to make it work so I see it as being wrong. nothing personal.

It's the journey in between that matters...if only to us.
depending on what you mean by journey I'd agree with you to an extent. so lets say that:
we are spiritual beings having a human experience...
because thats the idea I'm subsribing to for today.. maybe tomorrow I'll shift perspectives.. but for now lets stick with that, so then we aren't 'human' per se, we're spirit 'being' human. what I'm talking about is that we can recognise this journey without knowing the origins of 'the human' but that if we did, our understandings of this journey we're on, and just what we're capable of achieving during it, would be alot more profound.

Myself?, I'd rather help folk than have rampant anarchy.
its never a choice between one or the other its always a question of balance. If you didn't have one you wouldn't know the other existed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I named the thread 42 because the topic is "the meaning of life, human nature & our origins"

and "the meaning of life =42" is a well known meme.

my issue with your post is that you said "someones taking it too seriously" with the eye roll emoticon when the opening posts I wrote had absolutely nothing to do with the book you said I took too seriously, except the quote I borrowed from it.

this indicated you didn't read any of it with a high enough level of concentration to realise that nowhere in the opening post did I mention the book I was meant to be taking too seriously.

So, now things are clear.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm not going to judge these hypothetical god like overlords and progenators, but I know that if I were an entity with god like abilities I wouldn't try to get with Homo Erectus and make babies. Then again who knows what fetishes such hypothetical god like power would spawn?
edit on 31-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'm rarely confused, but often curious.

It's gotten me into trouble in the past and probably will in the future.

But I still wonder...

"Why can't I haz free Cheezburger?"

you can haz. if you want it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I'm not going to judge these hypothetical god like overlords and progenators, but I know that if I were an entity with god like abilities I wouldn't try to get with Homo Erectus and make babies. Then again who knows what fetishes such hypothetical god like power would spawn?
edit on 31-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

lol at your whole post. I like your angle... depends on your culture I guess.. japan would have you believe they had many tentacles... mayans would say they were lizard looking things... japan is known for some bizarre fetishes.. but I don't know what the mayans got up to.. sure they had strange ideas of their own.. maybe they had a thing for calendars..

but to answer your question - gene spliced in lab for slave labour. when labour was finished they left. and we remained. to answer jokingly, we're a species with abandonment issues. and logically any alien who would take the time to come here and create us, must do it regularly, so within the context of this theory there's a good chance those aliens would have started many new species all through the universe wherever a planet had something worth collecting.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by amongus

Perhap's the OP is thinking of the advanced race of mice which rebuilt Earth v2??? I have no idea. But I'm keeping my eye on them in case he/she starts eating peoples faces which is all the rage nowadays.

to be even more clear, this post made me laugh & I enjoyed it, my previous reply was to your other post. Keep doing your thing, the world needs more humour

especially with so many faces being eaten...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

but what we do have is the stem cell technology to grow ears on the backs of rats. We could grow some vocal chords for the apes. and the cats. don't think they'd appreciate it though somehow..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join