It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we christians/creationists must spread the word we believe in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Agree with your post, Chaotic Order. With such an emotive subject, the poster should expect some extreme replies, but, people could be more polite when posting comments ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Probably something like LunaticFringe. God wasn't big on easy identification, but He certainly had a sense of humor.

reply to post by biggmoneyme

the worst part about it is that Christians, if they'd read their Bible, would see that there's scriptures on how to deal with disagreement on CONCLUSIONS. Frustrating.

reply to post by mileysubet

More like God's Avatar. But it works.

reply to post by tmw93

The thing is that to do this, we have to speak a common language. Christians DO NOT mean the same thing as the rest of the population does when we use the words Hope or Faith. It's no less so when we use the words for Evolution and what all we think it entails. For one: Evolution-as-adaptation-within-a-species is generally agreed upon, no matter the overall belief. The more amusing part, to me, is that MOST OF THE DATA is not contested, just the conclusions on the data. What has not been done enough is an effort to show where we are the same--or where questions should be raised on both sides. But the best part? Sometimes we hang to much of our Faith in God on personal, small conclusions that may not be necessary for the big picture. This is before we even get into the over-dramatic name-calling where it is obvious that no one is even remotely trying to actually listen. Oh, they "hear" what they are reading, but comprehension of the differing viewpoint (at the least) or what fuels the differing viewpoint (at the most) is so rare.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
DENY THIS:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hasn't 'your' religion spread itself enough already. Have not enough people been killed in the name of 'God' and its thumping Bible? Keep your Church salesmen away from my house!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
if you were born in the middle east you'd be saying the same thing about Muhammad and Allah

That's such a useless argument - there are many people born in the middle east (who were raised Muslim and even raised in the "brotherhood" and taught to kill infidels) who become born-anew Christians. I've heard one speak of his testimony before in person - his name is Kamal Saleem. I recommend watching his testimony, if you can tolerate the preaching he does - it's a very inspiring story.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

And it's nice to note that most of these "christian haters" (using the term loosely) are born in countries where Christianity is supposed to be the main religion. Quite noticeably so. Even those raised in the Church have to eventually choose to stay or walk away. Brain washing of ANY sort can only do so much--and let's be honest, any form of education could technically be called, at the very least "brain conditioning".

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

That's such a useless argument - there are many people born in the middle east (who were raised Muslim and even raised in the "brotherhood" and taught to kill infidels) who become born-anew Christians.

I've seen born again drug abusers. I've seen born again Christian Pedophiles...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
What if people don't want your propaganda shoved down their throats?

I`ll never understand this mindset. You could turn off your computer or browse another thread.
Why are you forcing yourself to read this

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
whoa people hold on. no ego or propaganda here. just trying to spread a forgotten testament. the bible isnt mind control it isnt satanism and its not all entirely literal. i believe aliens came to earth and created us as god told them too. thats my belief. jesus is still real. god is still there. and we must be good to each other. forgive people for their rashness towards you and being accepting of people. being good and pure.
no matter what. im not all knowing. i dont know if ur going to a good place just being a good person. im just parroting what i been taught. (be good,forgiving and accept god) for he is real. and talks to people. and there r demons around too.

and why do i say there r demons? because of talk (online) of excorcisms of demons telling people to kill other people. babies. demons even talk to me some times telling me to push people infront of the train. more proof to me that god is real. its almost suffocating the proof i find.
that is why i preach because i have seen enough proof to convince me 110% of god. i preach trying to save people

edit on 31-5-2012 by tmw93 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys but your religion is based on a fairy tale

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

i believe aliens came to earth and created us as god told them too. thats my belief.

There's a new slant on the ancient alien theory. "God told them to".

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
the parachuter who crashed,burnt and died believes and told his story
www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=J5klS7urZd0&nomobile=1

creepy story or amazing wonderful story? who is the badman? who is starting wars here. who is screaming obscenities about something or other?
im not wrong on this im sorry to be so blunt and aggressive and egotistical. but thats my stance. my proof my facts are in the wind.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tmw93

im just parroting what i been taught.

lol, are you for real?

demons even talk to me some times telling me to push people infront of the train.

Wow... I don't even know even know what to say. That's not normal, hearing voices is a sign of schizophrenia, I'd get some help if I were you.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
According to the Bible:

- The sun is the same age or older than all the other stars (Genesis 1:16)

There has been no evidence to show that the stars are any older than any other star. No man has ever seen a star being born, we have only witnessed them dying - ala Novas or Super Novas.

Also, interestingly enough on the "star" subject, there are only two known methods to measuring distance from the Earth to stars - the first, can only measure up to 400 light years away, and most people (including secular scientists) that it is a very poor measuring method. The second, is the redshift theory - which is fallible. It uses the Doppler Effect - so scientists figure that if a star is moving away, it will make a red shift, and if it is leaving, it will make a blue shift - since they found a majority of the stars had red shift (and this somehow proved the Big Bang theory?), they assumed they were "moving away from us". Could be, but there are other explanations.

This was an early sign that redshifts reliably indicate the distances of galaxies. For QSOs ['QSO' = 'Quasi-Stellar Object' = 'Quasar'], however, the diagram shows a wide scatter in apparent brightness at every redshift. In fact, there is little correlation of brightness to redshift at all! Either QSOs come in an extremely wide range of intrinsic luminosities, as most people believe, or their redshifts do not indicate distance. Thus for us the only conclusion that can be drawn is that at least some QSOs are relatively nearby, and that a large fraction of their redshift is due to something other than the expansion of the universe.

- Burbidge, Geoffrey, and Adelaide Hewitt, "A Catalog of Quasars Near and Far," Sky and Telescope (December 1994) p. 32

Also, it doesn't really matter since the speed of light is not a constant, and never has been.

- A day can be prolonged by the "sun standing still" (Joshua 10:13)

Interestingly, there are several "legends" of a long day throughout history -

Harry Rimmer, in 1940, summarized the traditions-

In the ancient Chinese writings there is a legend of a long day. The Incas of Peru and the Aztecs of Mexico have a like record, and there is a Babylonian and a Persian legend of a day that was miraculously extended. Another section of China contributes an account of the day that was miraculously prolonged, in the reign of Emperor Yeo. Herodotus recounts that the priests of Egypt showed him their temple records, and that there he read a strange account of a day that was twice the natural length.

I wonder why..

- A day can be prolonged by the sun moving backwards (Isaiah 38:8)
Here's a good read for that.

- The smallest seed on earth is the mustard seed (Mark 4:31)

The passage you referenced does not state that the mustard seed is the smallest seed.

- All the stars in the sky, which include entire galaxies, will fall to earth, but the earth will keep on existing (Revelation 6:13)

Revelation 9:1 seems to indicate these "Stars" are angels - whether fallen or not, it is unknown (and by that, I mean either Demons or Angels can fit this role).

- The sun revolves around the earth (Ecclesiastes 1:5)

It simply states it rises and sets. Obviously, we know that the sun does not literally rise, but it's common for people to say that. "Sunrise" and "sunset" are still used today.

Interestingly, Ecclesiastes 1:6 states-

The wind goeth towards the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

Jet streams. These men knew about jet streams thousands of years ago. Wow.

- Earthquakes happen because "God is angry" (Psalm 18:7)

Fires can start by irresponsible smokers, throwing out their lit cigarettes on the dry brush - does this mean all fires start this way? Obviously no - then certainly not all Earthquakes are caused by God's anger.

- The precipitation that comes down from the sky doesn't return (Isaiah 55:10)

You may need to learn how precipitation works - it comes as rain, snow, sleet, etc, waters the Earth, nourishing plants, animals, people - and THEN the cycle starts over again, with evaporation, condensation, and back to precipitation. The verse you referenced does not contradict this.

Try harder.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
God is dead. We are done with it. It didn't ressurrect. it just died in the enlightenment. We live in a post-post modern soceity. There is no room for any kind of god. just materialism.
Speaking of which buy my new record! #Kidding i don't have a real record out yet.

Edit-
Please don't think that song has nothing to do with the gods; all my music does. Music is my religion; and this was us learning the path.
edit on 31-5-2012 by floppynoodleson666 because: Explaining

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

The most "interesting" case of belief vs. pedophelia happened in my own family.

1. Uncle married into an atheistic family where pedophillic incest was practiced because the Bible was where all the rules on whom you could sleep with came from.
2. Uncle was supposedly a Christian, and the only time he did the same as the family he married into was when he was drunk and not attending. But still, "Christian" nonetheless.

No wonder my father kept me the hell away from them. But the point is that SICK doesn't need a belief system to operate.

And no, I'm in no way kidding.
edit on 31-5-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: added quotation marks to emphasize sarcasm.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Contrary to popular belief, not only schizophrenics experience auditory hallucinations a.K.a. hear voices.
A Starting Point

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Now leave me alone, and go read your fantasy book.
edit on 31/5/12 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What is there to gain by spreading a religion, besides world domination? can someone tell me why you can't just worry about yourself and get yourself to heaven? I do believe I remember reading about free will in the bible, let us use that and find our own way. it won't affect you chance getting to heaven either way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

From that article:

Contrary to popular belief, not only schizophrenics experience auditory hallucinations a.K.a. hear voices. Many people who are not even mentally ill often report hearing claps, whistles, buzzing voices, or even music in their head. Around 70 % of schizophrenics hear voices that interrupt their thought patterns on a consistent basis and 15% of people with mood disorders experience auditory hallucinations.

Hearing auditory hallucinations is not the same thing as hearing voices that interrupt their thought patterns. That article is blending them into the same thing. Everyone hears slight auditory hallucinations every now and then (such as claps, buzzing, whistles etc)... but hardly anyone hears actual voices speaking to them inside their head (other than their own inner dialog). When a person experiences voices which interrupt their own thoughts, and especially when those voices are telling them to hurt people, it's a very good indication the person is suffering some sort of mental problem.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join