It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theory on conspiracy theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Not sure where this would go best, I chose this forum since it's a conspiracy theory of sorts...a conspiracy theory about the membership trends of this forum and which trolls come out on which nights.

OK, I’m figuring out the trends a little better now. From what I’ve seen so far…

Monday = Science and technology/ Chemtrails

Tuesday = Racism

Wednesday = Homosexuals after all the thumpers get home from evenin services,

Thursday = politics and gay marriage, equal split.

Friday = Christians cults and ancient aliens ,

Saturday = Mainstream news ,

Sunday = Science conspiracies and UFOs,

I need to collect more data and derive the statistics to support this hypothesis, but I'm thinking this may be the general trend from what I've viewed so far.

edit* I'm dropping the troll part because it's subjective, just want to gather objective data on the thread topics
edit on 31-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I'll bite. Seems this is where every member of ATS gets a unique troll label right?

What's my label?

Thanks!

Pssst, 7 days a weeker.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
honestly you've noticed a pattern? i've found it to be very disorganized, based on the heat of the moment conversation that usually begins with the catalyst act itself. everyone has an opinion.

I figured everyday was conspiracy day.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

I'll bite. Seems this is where every member of ATS gets a unique troll label right?

What's my label?

Thanks!

Pssst, 7 days a weeker.

I dunno, I've not seen you be a troll... the trolls are just the nasty hateful people as far as I'm concerned. I was pointing out the major topics for each evening and just gave a description of what people got nasty about, aka, the trolls

since you're a 7 day a weeker, please look for any patterns that may pop out and please let me know!! (patterns in the "hot topics" mostly)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
honestly you've noticed a pattern? i've found it to be very disorganized, based on the heat of the moment conversation that usually begins with the catalyst act itself. everyone has an opinion.

I figured everyday was conspiracy day.

You could be right, but I'm trying to find a pattern, it's just the scientist in me

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I need to collect more data and derive the statistics to support this hypothesis

That should have been the first thing you did. Your so called trends are nothing but cherry picked observations.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Oh, I misunderstood the goal of the thread. In that case; why not do a three month short study.

Every day - collect all the new posts for that day and drop them in a category. See how it pans out.

And sorry, nope, I don't want to volunteer to help but I'd read your results.

Edit to add: Aaargh, you asked so nicely after I hit post! Okay, HOT TOPICS only right? Now, I just have to find where those are. Don't worry, I'll find it.
edit on 31/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

I need to collect more data and derive the statistics to support this hypothesis

That should have been the first thing you did. Your so called trends are nothing but cherry picked observations.

yup, hypothesis

If you notice any topic trends, please let me know so I can gather data to either support or refute my hypothesis, thanks!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Oh, I misunderstood the goal of the thread. In that case; why not do a three month short study.

Every day - collect all the new posts for that day and drop them in a category. See how it pans out.

And sorry, nope, I don't want to volunteer to help but I'd read your results.

Sounds like a good plan! I just did a quick search tonight because it popped in my head and I wanted to see if I could find a pattern. I may very well try the plan you've proposed and see if my original hypothesis holds up or if it needs to be modified....and they always need to be modified

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Guess I should do an actual experiment and set up some parameters and take measurements. If anyone would like to help, just let me know. I think I'll start on the 1st (Friday) and maybe go for at least a month before compiling the stats. Should be interesting!

That can be the preliminary data, then continue it for a few months and add to it as needed. Thanks for the idea Trexter! Anyone else with input, please let me know!
I'll leave my subjective troll observations out and only concentrate on topics.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Okay - Thursday - Hot Topic but it's not newly posted today.

Illinois Rep Loses It on House Floor
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, count only the new posts ... like ones started today?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Okay - Thursday - Hot Topic but it's not newly posted today.

Illinois Rep Loses It on House Floor
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, count only the new posts ... like ones started today?

I guess I could look at the various topics from different forums or concentrate on only one forum...or just follow the "Hot Topic" option listed on the guide thingy up there. hmmmm what do you think would be the most telling/interesting?

edit* Oh, I see what you're saying... so I'd have to look at "New Threads" to get a real feel, then have a sub category for posts on old threads

I should probably find a way to simplify it a bit as I'm sure the mods have stats of some sort, no reason to go overboard since I'm just curious

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I like narrowing it down to Hot Topics - so Hot Topics but only ones that were originally posted for the first time on that date. Got it? Just check the Hot Topic, then check the original post's date.

In future surveys you could include Hot Topics that were dug up from the ashes or took longer to get Hot.

Edit: Initially, just define what goes to the top first, on which day.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
But the problem is that there's at least 1 "Instigator Troll" and 1 "Response Trol" in pretty much every "Hot Topic" thread. I'm assuming you only want those who instigate, right?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Chiten said we're skipping the trolls and only categorizing thread topic by day of the week.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

What's my label?

Thanks!

Pssst, 7 days a weeker.

I dunno, I've not seen you be a troll... the trolls are just the nasty hateful people as far as I'm concerned. I was pointing out the major topics for each evening and just gave a description of what people got nasty about, aka, the trolls

since you're a 7 day a weeker, please look for any patterns that may pop out and please let me know!! (patterns in the "hot topics" mostly)

You know what a troll is, right?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I like narrowing it down to Hot Topics - so Hot Topics but only ones that were originally posted for the first time on that date. Got it? Just check the Hot Topic, then check the original post's date.

In future surveys you could include Hot Topics that were dug up from the ashes or took longer to get Hot.

Edit: Initially, just define what goes to the top first, on which day.

I like that. Short, sweet and to the point without getting bogged down in responses and stuff

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
But the problem is that there's at least 1 "Instigator Troll" and 1 "Response Trol" in pretty much every "Hot Topic" thread. I'm assuming you only want those who instigate, right?

Trolls would be subjective and I want to try to get objective data, so I'm dropping the "troll" off of the observations

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

What's my label?

Thanks!

Pssst, 7 days a weeker.

You know what a troll is, right?

It's pretty subjective, so I'm going to drop that part

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yeah, sorry, I didn't catch that.

I don't know how much I'll notice, but I'll keep it in mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join