It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Obama's Kill List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Ben Swann Reality Check takes a look at the latest information now out about President Obama's "kill list" targeting terror suspects.

Isn't this directly against what U.S actually stands for? That being a fair and lawful trial; innocence until proven guilty. It's such terrible irony.
edit on 30-5-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There was a good article in the NYT about the kill list

Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will

President Obama, overseeing the regular Tuesday counter terrorism meeting of two dozen security officials in the White House Situation Room, took a moment to study the faces

The mug shots and brief biographies resembled a high school yearbook layout. Several were Americans. Two were teenagers, including a girl who looked even younger than her 17 years.

“How old are these people?” he asked, according to two officials present. “If they are starting to use children,” he said of Al Qaeda, “we are moving into a whole different phase.

His first term has seen private warnings from top officials about a “Whac-A-Mole” approach to counterterrorism; the invention of a new category of aerial attack following complaints of careless targeting; and presidential acquiescence in a formula for counting civilian deaths that some officials think is skewed to produce low numbers.

Dennis C. Blair, director of national intelligence until he was fired in May 2010, said that discussions inside the White House of long-term strategy against Al Qaeda were sidelined by the intense focus on strikes. “The steady refrain in the White House was, ‘This is the only game in town’ — reminded me of body counts in Vietnam,” said Mr. Blair, a retired admiral who began his Navy service during that war.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 30-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A couple of things strike me. One is that despite all the mockery that FOX news gets here, Reality Check is a FOX program. Good for them.

Second is how did Obama get sufficient training in special operations or intelligence to make these decisions?

The third of my couple of things
is where does he get the time to micro-manage this stuff? I thought he had fundraisers and golf to attend to. Or maybe Syria, and the economy, and Russia, and Iran, and jobs, and energy.

I just don't understand this President. He's making himself hard to appreciate.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
How ever did this idiot win a Nobel peace prize. What morons voted for this .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It is only a local news bit, you won't find it on the real fox.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Dear RealSpoke,

Thanks for the clarification. In any event I'm glad that the parent company hasn't ordered it off the air.

Do you think the "kill list" will have a significant impact on the election? Will it make Obama look tough and manly? Will it make him look like a bloodthirsty killer? Or, will it be pretty much ignored? (I'm kind of leaning toward ignored, but I'm a pessimist.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I don't think it will have any impact. Most of the country is politically asleep and when they hear such a thing they will go "Well he's killing terrorists, what's wrong with that?"and "The president has to make tough decisions in order to lead and protect this country". It doesn't affect them personally and will fail to see how it could be used to potentially kill them in the future.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I tried to put this in Breaking and got busted??
So here you are---

David Axelrod Denies Attending 'Kill List' Meetings (VIDEO)
www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/03/david-axelrod-kill-list-meetings_n_1566138.html

7 hours ago ... Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod said on Sunday that reports of him attending President Obama's weekly "Terror Tuesday" meetings ... David Axelrod Denies Attending 'Kill List' Meetings: Obama campaign strategist ...

edit on 6/3/2012 by longjohnbritches because: correct

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My kill list is way more interesting....

new topics

top topics

join