It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the US Military Soon Turn Against Americans?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Our soldiers have our backs 100% and that is part of the reason they are all being stranded across the ocean while we teeter on the brink of all hell breaking loose over here.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by lives

Clever!

If you’ve seen real chaos and civil unrest then you’d know what it looks like!

Apparently you haven’t.

It's not here yet!

It's probably been said already but;

Sounds alot like a frog slowly boiling in water.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

if its the center of the galaxy...isn't our solar system ALWAYS lined up with it?

if not...how could it be the CENTER?

do you guys read what you write before posting?

WHAAAA.

I'm not an astronomer, duh!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by lives

Clever!

If you’ve seen real chaos and civil unrest then you’d know what it looks like!

Apparently you haven’t.

It's not here yet!

Devil's advocate:

It's not going to be sudden, it's going to be incremental; evolutionary, if you will. Certain "precedents" might seem to stand out, but then again, let's say you get up at 4am and sit in your yard. At what point do you stand up and declare "It's daytime". Sure, the sun might be your signal, but surely the sun being partially visible at 7:23am EST and being wholly visible on the horizon at 7:28am EST does little to the optical perception, just as the difference in clarity between 7:28's wholly visible sun is vastly different to 12 noon's wholly visible sun.

Do you get what I mean, here?

We're already there, in many ways. Fantasies/Premonitions of all out chaos and civil unrest are merely projections in our psyche. We can only observe the here and now, all possible outcomes can only be judged for their likelhood. And what is the yard stick we use to judge which outcome is more probable than others? The present observation.

If I walk in the front door and see smoke, I can most likely come to the conclusion that fire is somewhere in the house.

In the case of the mythical police state martial law society, USA, we can say, "Hey, we think that the outcome of all these incredible overreaches of authority and dismantling of personal rights and freedoms will lead to a RoboCop/Heinlein/Nazi Germany/3rd World Dictatorship/Alex Jones' wet dream."

But, at what point does the observable present meld into the foreseeable future? We're already there, it just hasn't manifested itself the way most of us are predicting it to be. I don't think there will be a concrete moment in time where you can jump up and say "Aha, the Police State...I've been expecting you!"

EDIT: For perspective, if you went back in time to talk to Weimar Germans, I think you would not find many among them who would say, "Hey, in 10 years we'll have invaded all the countries around us and exterminated 6 million Jews, Gays, Gypsies, Invalids and Jehovah's Witnesses." Then again, I'm sure if you selected more discerning individuals among the Weimar Republic's population, you could probably find a few who would say, "It seems as though the path we're headed down ends in some sort of control/authoritarian outcome". We, through our study of history, focus on Hitler and the Holocaust and WWII, but would it not also be valid to study the causes that lead down that path?
edit on 31-5-2012 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just don't see that happening without the whole country becomming unraveled. With over 200 million guns of various types in the hands of a lot angry people, most of whom are expert shooters I seriously doubt they are stupid enough to try a trick like that. OK, they are that stupid. They keep surprising me. There also is most likely a whole bunch of serious military grade hardware stashed away in a lot of places that will hurt of lot of people who might want to come and take it. We will also have a lot of advance warning from all the people on the inside who leak everything they can. If they every try to take over parts of LA county it will most likely be a bloodbath for them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fizzixist

Same here brother, 8yrs 21B and 6yrs MP. Hoooooah!

I myself will always do what's right for my family, friends, and nation.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Will the U.S. military turn on us no.Even in Syria many members of their army deserted and are fighting for the people.In the U.S. very few will follow that order.That is also why we are given the right to bear arms.We as a people will never be conqured.I do have my doughts about the police though.The have been brainwashed and their blue line is very thin for us.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives
reply to post by seabag

So what are you waiting for?? Drones in the sky?? The government to intercept all our communications??

If it's martial law you're waiting for, what's the difference between martial law and the enforcement of law we have now??

Different uni's

Your right. The military kicked in my friends door the other day. Lol. Not. You should Go visit a real police state then post on the topic. The fact that you can make this post proves your wrong.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think our military men and women realize they are there to PROTECT U.S. citizens, not attack them. I don't believe any such thing would ever happen.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

US Announces Plans To Arm Domestic Surveillance Drones With Missiles

http://(nolink)/2012/05/30/announces-plans-to-arm-domestic-surveillance-drones-missiles-139411/
looks like its a dun deal
stay away from the raw milk
edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

oh well the link won't copy
its at rense.com

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Do I believe the military would turn the guns on us? No i do not

Maybe not guns, but most likely what they would do would be have them help the police round up protestors and other people they don't consider "real Americans" and put them in camps. Then their role would be to guard the prisoners, like in Guantanamo, while the CIA interrogates and tortures people.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It’s been thrown around a lot here on ATS. With all of the implications regarding NDAA, SOPA, CISPA, ACTA, drones over American skies, etc., coupled with the conspiracy fueled doomsday scenarios like the Mayan 2012 conspiracy, Bilderberg, NWO, Nibiru, solar flares, economic collapse, WW3, etc., there are a lot of ugly ‘possible’ scenarios to consider. A common concern that always comes up is the role of our military and first responders will play here in the US and whether they will be with or against us.

I don’t know what/if something will happen but I think I have the answer to what role our Oath Keepers will play.

Just a brief background about this thread - One of my favorite organizations in the world, one that I am a proud member of, is Oath Keepers.org. The president and founder of Oath Keepers, Stewart Rhodes is a former Army paratrooper and Yale Law graduate who is on the forefront of the war to preserve our US constitution. Before you dismiss this intro hear me out!

If you even SUSPECT that American’s could be in a SHTF scenario in the future then you need to know that Oath Keepers is all about upholding the constitution and its members have made a REAL commitment to you (to us) and to freedom.

Do you think the US military would turn against Americans under conditions such as Martial Law or terrorist attack? I'm not talking about the US GOVERNMENT but rather US MILITARY MEMBERS? Do you think military members will blindly follow orders from TPTB? Well there is an organization quickly gaining momentum among the current/former military community and current/former LE/first responder community that I’d like to share with you that may give you some comfort.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.

We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”
Our motto is “Not on our watch!”

If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.
OathKeepers

This is a 10 minute video featuring Stewart Rhodes further explaining what Oath Keepers is all about.

In the recent video below, Stewart talks about how one person standing up in their unit against unlawful/unconstitutional orders can and will shift the entire group. People in the military HAVE stood up against unlawful orders and it has changed the course of history. This is a great interview and I urge you to watch it if you have the time….well worth it!

Despite what many think about US law enforcement and first responders today, or our military’s service in recent wars, I KNOW that their ranks are comprised mostly of honorable people who possess critical thinking skills and a strong desire to uphold the constitution and serve the citizens of America. You will not be betrayed by our military! You will not be betrayed by LE. You will not be betrayed by fireman. Those who took the oath WILL defend the constitution to the death because it’s what we’ve taken an oath to do.

FIRST RESPONDERS - These folks are our LAST LINE OF DEFENSE!

Without them, we will not survive as a nation…..

Don’t dismiss the entire community of military and first responders based on the decisions made by their leaders (many of US disagree with those decisions too). In the end, and when your life and/or freedom is at stake, these folks who possess the skills, training, determination and commitment to help you will be there.

Let the criticism begin in 3…………..2…………..1………….GO!!

Simply research history for your answer........Yes
www.youtube.com...

View the whole documentary , the Military will follow orders.
Because we know as of recent Legislation , WE are the enemy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My brother is an ex-marine serving in the Air Force now.

I asked him this question specifically and he said he would follow whatever orders he was given, that is his job.

Although my brother is a hardcore right wing republican and feels that if the government says it, it must be true. If you see it on the news, it must be the truth. Anyone who thinks the government and the media lie are just a bunch of stupid hippie trouble makers.

So, yes, he does think I am a stupid hippie trouble maker and he would round me up as well if given the order. In his eyes it would be my own fault for not supporting the government.

Food for thought.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by buster2010
There are many in the military that would turn against their commanders for ordering this.

That is why martial law will be handled by a foreign military.

Just look at how many different militaries that are stationed in America at any given time.

I pity the foreign military that tries to enforce a US declared martial law here. They will be met with an pissed off and armed populace on the one side, and a pissed off and armed US military on the other. This is what we down home call "between a rock and a hard place".

My thoughts exactly. How many hunters do you think there are in the US? 3 million? 20 million? Hunters are essentially snipers, most of them rather proficient with their firearm. Imagine a foreign military who is ordered to fight against patriotic US military members, police and firemen AND countless civilian snipers armed with Remington 700s. Then there's the preppers with thousands of rounds of ammo - each. I doubt they'd have a lot of confidence in their task.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

Has your brother always had to learn things the hard way?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yes, yes he has.

It is funny he is my twin and we are completely polar opposites. We can't discuss religion or politics because it will always end badly.

We drink really well together though if we stay off those topics.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No we have been helping.... There are a few Biofeedback/Neurofeedback doctors who are killing off our military and our agents and has attacked journalists and everything please be very careful people. They have all of my data and that should scare the bejesus out of you all. please be safe people and stop with the above top secret for a bit people are dying because of this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"Will the US Military Soon Turn Against Americans?"

Ask the ones who lost loved ones at Kent State.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sounds legit.

I myself chose a civilian career after the draft, but I have family in the service (ours of course) and I second what others in this thread already said... I can't imagine our troops being used against citizens.
In case of orders against constitutional law they'd either refuse orders and simply stand down or would even join ranks against any entity that gave those orders (e.g. in case of open resistance).

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
"Will the US Military Soon Turn Against Americans?"

Ask the ones who lost loved ones at Kent State.

So the majority of armed forces
marched on kent state to kill people?

If the shot people at kent state had military family there, they
would of took out the people who shot their family..

Military would not turn on the citizens because
the citizens consist of their own blood too..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join