It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Are you too a wolf? Do you dress yourself up in sheep's clothing? Even though they practice this behind closed doors, they still enter into and live in society. Is their hatred limited to Sundays only?

Even though they have freedom to practice as they will, they still reflect on who we are as a society. They are our fellow Americans, our fellow 'Christians', they are part of us even though we may not follow their message. Everyone has some influence on who we are as a people. Whether that influence is large or small, it is still there. Hatred breeds hatred, love brings love.

Matthew 5:43-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? ...

So I ask, which 'god' do the individuals in that video follow?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by Garfee

so someone agreeing with views on the afterlife means you want them dead?

Intolerant anyone

It is the afterlife fella, grow up

It's got nothing to do with the afterlife - the existence of which is to this day unprovable - but about psychopaths that are a waste of space and deserve less respect than I would give to a serial killer.

You're #ing right i'm intolerant of these freaks - if I got my hands on one I'd smash their faces in.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by waldorf79
just saying.. Gays are gays...
Don't raise your kids to hate, raise your kids to love...

A fantastic post!

I think we all have in-group vs. out-group behavior, which can be quite functional if it leads to pride and motivation for the in-group.

The problem I see however is when people make gay people a hated out-group, because one thing is for certain.
Gay kids are largely born to straight parents.
Now these religious people are very sure that if they raise their kids "right" they can have large families and having a gay child will never happen to them.
But it will happen to them.
Wait and see.
Never mind the chance that it might happen, but what terror are they putting into that child who comes to realize he or she is the "out-group" in their own family?
Why would any parent take that chance of making their child potentially so unhappy?
What if that 4-year-old in the clip suddenly realizes he is attracted to the same sex when he grows older and reaches puberty?
This clip is there forever.
It seems almost like these kids are made to sing this now, so they will never even consider coming out as gay in future.
The song obviously cannot mean much to a 4-year-old.
It's about soothing subconscious parental anxieties.

What kind of feelings will a future gay child of somebody like that have towards his father?

Maybe the father will spit him out if that happens.
Or maybe he will reject the father?

What if that gay kid does not become a stereotype of "homosexual Christian disaster mythology", but settles down with a husband and they have a nice family, perhaps through adoption, or like Ricky Martin?

That's the thing, because these fundamentalists are so sure it cannot happen to their kids, yet it does happen to those families all the time.

If it does happen, like somewhere in all families, how must that gay child feel that he was made to sing "ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven" as a small little boy?

So yes, I agree, children should be raised in love.
You reap as you sow, and karma is a bitch.
edit on 1-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Sure.

If I'm a christian, I'm going to need to understand the book I follow, and expect it to point a harsh finger at me, at times.

So: Matthew 7:1-6

1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 "Or how can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. 6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Now, people usually quote that 1 verse out of context to mean that Christians aren't supposed to judge at all. The whole context does not state that.

Some manage to get the first 2 verses together. The measure you measure by is the one that will be used on you. This definitely leaves no room for hypocrisy. But this is still not all the context.

Then it gets to the log-in the eye bit. When you don't have your own problems taken care of, you can't see to help others remove theirs. THAT is the point of human judgement, to remove problems, not to condemn people. And you can't be successful at helping others change themselves when you won't do it first. But still not done.

The last verse: if people choose to live with their problems, quit giving them your help to change. Some people do not want help. This is a direct attack against the Pharisaical viewpoint, where they dictated the traditional customs additional to the law as law to the common man.

So as a whole: Don't judge unless you're ready to be judged by that law. Only help others in matters you have succeeded against. Lean that not everyone is going to value things the way you do.

We can see where this would apply to Gays, if being Gay is a sin. And some of us do come to that conclusion, Biblically speaking. The thing is that outside-induced "morality" will not work, and it will be trampled by people who do not agree. And this does align with other scriptures pretty well.

BUT: it's not like Christ's commentary ends there:

1. The balancing act (road we travel) is narrow.
2. Warning about deceitful followers of God. JUDGE the fruit of their actions!
3. And how solid the foundation will be if you rest it on him.
4. Then goes into the amazement of the people.

AND: it's not like Christ's commentary begins there, The whole of the Beatitudes comes before this (Chapters 5&6)
edit on 1-6-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunkNerd5

I go by the Bible and not any church. If I dont agree with a church or organization, I have nothing to do with it for my own sake. Men and women sleeping with the same sex is one of the most extreme sins; it is even back to back with the Commandments, intercourse with animals, and idolatry.

I agree with the fact that you don't subscribe to any particular denomination, because you know in your heart that your relationship to the Lord is your own, and no one else's.

But to say that it is one of the most "extreme sins", only speaks of false pride. I suggest you stop throwing stones. Because if God chooses to save a homosexual, just who exactly are you to say otherwise?

These six things doth the LORD hate:
yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I don't see homosexuality listed here.

Jesus came to save sinners, and not the righteous. It was also the pharisees of the day that God hated most, because they were proud and puffed up in their knowledge, forsaking everyone but themselves before the Lord, and they therefore were fallen from Grace.

"Blessed are the pure in Heart, for they shall see God."

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident I think religion is not helping us get there, as it puts emphasis on another life and thus lessens the importance of our only life. It takes away the urgency. The fables paint us as separate personalities. I think they keep us apart.
It depends on the group. The hell-fire& damnation types are quick to point out that in this life, you can blow it.

My definition of "good" is liberation. I can't tell what theirs is.
It depends on which group. Those who see rules and regulations tend to be bound, and those who see that they're freed from their failures to try again are heavily different in viewpoint, within the church.

And now for something completely different. Guns? I like to hit targets with weapons. It's just about hitting the target.
That's a relief. Shows consistency in thinking.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

I am sorry but i thought that making assumptions of sex on the basis of colours is pretty sexist in these PC correct modern times.lol...
Anyway, you are saying what you see,hear and interprete and i do the same.
Well, the truth will come out eventually.....
Thanks for the titles you have given me but they belong to you and you only.
Good luck.

Nope, definitely yours, through and through

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by grey580

I think all gay hating religious freaks should be put in a compound with electrified fences and left there untill they die out..

LOL, in this case it would actually work....

it definitely would work! Afterall, if it's completely filled and there is no way for them to get horizontal into the missionary position, you KNOW they would never be able to reproduce since that's the only acceptable form of coitus that exists

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
My personal belief is that homosexuality is a learned behavior and not genetic. Therefore, gays should not be considered a broad social class like races & religions.

Since when is religion genetic?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randomacity
reply to post by Yurimaster

So says the one who has 'Yuri' in their name.

Yuri, in japanese pop culture, is the word used to describe the homosexual relationship between two women in novels, TV shows, and Movies. I find it amusing and Ironic you're speaking against it in such a way with a name that has close ties with homosexuality.

Either way, no, we don't screw animals, I don't even know how you can make the comparison. There is a keen difference between loving a fellow human being and loving an entirely different species. It's sad that people don't see that.

OMG that's it!!!! I figured it out!!!!
OMG OMG OMG!!
Ok, here's how it is...
All these fundamentalist evangelical redneck churches attack gays all the time. They whine and cry and complain "The next thang ya know, them quares is gonna be out havin sex with animals!!". THAT is where the contention comes in! I mean, afterall, everybody KNOWS how the redneck, undereducated, bible thumping bunch have their way with their farm animals on a regular basis!
It's not that they hate gays, they're afraid they'll take all the animals from them and they're jealous!!!

This should solve the problem.
Dear Bible Thumping, undereducated redneck,
There is no need to worry. The homosexuals are not interested in your nanny goat or any other animal that you hold near and dear to your heart. They only wish to be with other adults of their own gender who are consenting (that means they say "sure, I'd love to!"). They will not try to "move in" on your territory or take anything from you nor are they interested in you in any way. Your way of life is safe and they want no part of it. It's ok.

See, problem solved

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Sure.

If I'm a christian, I'm going to need to understand the book I follow, and expect it to point a harsh finger at me, at times.

So: Matthew 7:1-6

1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 "Or how can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. 6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Now, people usually quote that 1 verse out of context to mean that Christians aren't supposed to judge at all. The whole context does not state that.

Some manage to get the first 2 verses together. The measure you measure by is the one that will be used on you. This definitely leaves no room for hypocrisy. But this is still not all the context.

Then it gets to the log-in the eye bit. When you don't have your own problems taken care of, you can't see to help others remove theirs. THAT is the point of human judgement, to remove problems, not to condemn people. And you can't be successful at helping others change themselves when you won't do it first. But still not done.

The last verse: if people choose to live with their problems, quit giving them your help to change. Some people do not want help. This is a direct attack against the Pharisaical viewpoint, where they dictated the traditional customs additional to the law as law to the common man.

So as a whole: Don't judge unless you're ready to be judged by that law. Only help others in matters you have succeeded against. Lean that not everyone is going to value things the way you do.

We can see where this would apply to Gays, if being Gay is a sin. And some of us do come to that conclusion, Biblically speaking. The thing is that outside-induced "morality" will not work, and it will be trampled by people who do not agree. And this does align with other scriptures pretty well.

BUT: it's not like Christ's commentary ends there:

1. The balancing act (road we travel) is narrow.
2. Warning about deceitful followers of God. JUDGE the fruit of their actions!
3. And how solid the foundation will be if you rest it on him.
4. Then goes into the amazement of the people.

AND: it's not like Christ's commentary begins there, The whole of the Beatitudes comes before this (Chapters 5&6)
edit on 1-6-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

Very interesting. Thanks for expounding on your understanding of it. It's always interesting to see other viewpoints and the similarities and differences. I appreciate the time and thought you put into it

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
at least you can say that these people are following Gods word to the letter,

Really? I saw a lot of people wearing different types of garments at the same time.

Leviticus 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Yuri, in japanese pop culture, is the word used to describe the homosexual relationship between two women in novels, TV shows, and Movies. I find it amusing and Ironic you're speaking against it in such a way with a name that has close ties with homosexuality.

Either way, no, we don't screw animals, I don't even know how you can make the comparison. There is a keen difference between loving a fellow human being and loving an entirely different species. It's sad that people don't see that.

OMG OMG OMG!!
Ok, here's how it is...
All these fundamentalist evangelical redneck churches attack gays all the time. They whine and cry and complain "The next thang ya know, them quares is gonna be out havin sex with animals!!". THAT is where the contention comes in! I mean, afterall, everybody KNOWS how the redneck, undereducated, bible thumping bunch have their way with their farm animals on a regular basis!
It's not that they hate gays, they're afraid they'll take all the animals from them and they're jealous!!!

There is no need to worry. The homosexuals are not interested in your nanny goat or any other animal that you hold near and dear to your heart. They only wish to be with other adults of their own gender who are consenting (that means they say "sure, I'd love to!"). They will not try to "move in" on your territory or take anything from you nor are they interested in you in any way. Your way of life is safe and they want no part of it. It's ok.

See, problem solved

This is the most amusing post that I have read on this thread yet. Seriously. And it makes a valid point. Perhaps this is what the Rednecks are actually worried about?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

OMG OMG OMG!!
Ok, here's how it is...

See, problem solved

This is the most amusing post that I have read on this thread yet. Seriously. And it makes a valid point. Perhaps this is what the Rednecks are actually worried about?

I'm tellin ya dude, this is what it was all about!! Just outright jealousy, they heard about those gays being animal rights activists and it sent a chill through their bones!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm tellin ya dude, this is what it was all about!! Just outright jealousy, they heard about those gays being animal rights activists and it sent a chill through their bones!!

Thats just ridiculous.

There are homosexuals that prey on children and animals, just as there are heterosexuals that do. (in reference to your letter)

There are homosexuals of all kinds as well as heterosexuals. Just as there are Christians and non Christians of all sorts.

Lumping any group into one category is silly.

Sorry , I had to speak up, and usually enjoy your posts, so please don't take it too personally.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by Power_Semi
at least you can say that these people are following Gods word to the letter,

Really? I saw a lot of people wearing different types of garments at the same time.

Leviticus 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

Beautiful. I wanted to re-post this to remind christians they're all going to hell as much as I am for having awesome butt sex. But don't worry, hell isn't real so don't stress about the idiotic laws

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Thats just ridiculous.

There are homosexuals that prey on children and animals, just as there are heterosexuals that do. (in reference to your letter)

There are homosexuals of all kinds as well as heterosexuals. Just as there are Christians and non Christians of all sorts.

Lumping any group into one category is silly.

Sorry , I had to speak up, and usually enjoy your posts, so please don't take it too personally.

EXACTLY!!! Good and bad, bad and good, just normal, average people .... it's the extremists in any group that cause the problems.

Dang I'm good!!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

There never has been and never will be a world filled with only homosexuals, so there is no chance our race will die out. Are you stupid?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yurimaster

You must be from some Amish or Redneck country in PA but has a stash or fetish lesbian porn OMG!!
edit on 1-6-2012 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

It's sad that if all species were to make love and have sex with the same sex, you won't exist. Now who the # gave birth to you? Did you come from two lesbians yuri girls? I don't think so. Homosexual is abomination period. Lets say If everyone were to be come homosexual on this planet, in 100 years the human kind will cease not to exist. That's why God mad a man & a woman, it's simple nature...

My mother was a lesbian who was raped by a redneck hick who thought it would be amusing to fix her with his manparts. Her parents disallowed her to have an abortion, so she had to give birth to me. So yes, in a sense, both of my mothers are my parents, and they will remain as such. And why would I have a stash of lesbian porn when I am openly gay? Or did you not read my ATS profile, where I openly state it. I'm not the one who's going to hide what I am.

And that isn't true. Women can possibly have babies without having any sort of intercourse with any man.

BBC News: Eggs May Be Fertilized Without Sperm

And no, I am not a Redneck Hick. While yes, Yuri is a Russian name, and I know of Gagarin, the very context of your name "Yurimaster" doesn't make sense, why would you put a name and 'master' afterwards? Grammatically and logically it doesn't make sense.

Either way. Yes, it must infuriate you that women don't need men anymore to help reproduce.
And how is it an abomination, because a book tells you it is? Do you even have any physical, viable proof that YOUR god exists? And the Bible isn't proof. god didn't zap it to earth from heaven, it was written by man, and it had gone through many revisions and many re-translations throughout the years. For all we know it could have been heinously different from what it is now.

Another fact, Jesus did not preach anything about hate for homosexuality, and being that the only real and actual mentions of it were in Leviticus. I don't see you wearing the same type of clothing. I don't see you denying eating cloven hooved animals. Do you make your wife keep her hair long? Do you shave?

My point being, you can not pick and choose things from the bible that benefit you. I'm sure your god wouldn't appreciate that.

edit on 1-6-2012 by Randomacity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2012 by Randomacity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join