It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Did God not give us free will, so God must respect free will, its a persons right given to him by God to have free will so how can a church say that some sort of person is going to hell becouse he uses free will that God give him. Does a church think they know better than God, if a person uses his God given right the church should be happy and joyful that people are following the will of God. What right has a church to say that a gay person goes to hell if that person is just using his God given right. Since God is everything and all powerful, then he is gay, he is white, he is black, he is woman, he is love. Let God chouse what he does with people, let people just love and be happy with our God given rights

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Most of the religions out there are forgetting the one thing that Jesus taught us and that is to love your neighbor. Hate in your heart will not get you into heaven. I am what you would call a Christian-Spiritualist. Jesus did not want the church to be divided as it has gotten.
This is why I cant wait till all the dead sea scrolls are published. Combined with other things that have been unearthed and will be unearthed religion as a whole is going to disapear.
Churches that preach hate as this one has have fallen away from the teachings of Christ.
No one is perfect but I try to do the right things and help out when I can. I know I can do More but it is hard when I dont have a car. It is up to all of us to do the right things and instill the proper values in our children as I have and am very proud of them both.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
All this god's wrath stuff coming from the religious peeps is laughable, the Greeks were bumming each other for thousands of years before Jesus was born and there Gods seem fine with it so why would Elohim give a crap where you hide the sausage? Im not promoting homosexuality, im a straight male in a conventional relationship. I do however think we have bigger fish to fry! The little boys parents should have there child/children removed by the local authoritys in my opinion.
edit on 1-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Don't worry you don't need to defend yourself by stating you are straight and not promoting homosexuality - the clever people don't care anyway and wouldn't assume you're gay just because you aren't talking junk like many do.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
evokes 2 emotions scared of future if this is any example, sadness that there are people who have mentality that low.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I remember a long time ago i was told a story, it went something like this. God and Evil were talking, God said Evil you live up to your name, Evil said to God, your love is my hate, your joy is my sadness, your light is my darkness,you are my Evil, why do we judge each other.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by imod2

"why do we judge each other"

The short answer is because we can im afraid.
edit on 1-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Yurimaster

So says the one who has 'Yuri' in their name.

Yuri, in japanese pop culture, is the word used to describe the homosexual relationship between two women in novels, TV shows, and Movies. I find it amusing and Ironic you're speaking against it in such a way with a name that has close ties with homosexuality.

Either way, no, we don't screw animals, I don't even know how you can make the comparison. There is a keen difference between loving a fellow human being and loving an entirely different species. It's sad that people don't see that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Playing devils advocate:

Listen, if you believe in God then you have to follow his word, you can't decide he made a mistake on a few bits because they don't fit in with modern ideas of what is right, wrong, or acceptable or you just don't fancy those bits.

The bible makes it clear what God thinks of homosexuality, so like it or not, agree with it or not, if you're a God fearing Christian then you cannot decide that actually God was wrong and being gay is okay.

So while I disagree with having very young children singing stuff like that, or even teaching them about sexuality of any kind, at least you can say that these people are following Gods word to the letter, rather than being fair-weather Christians who take the moral high ground over the rest of us, while ignoring Gods word and allowing gay priests, women priests and Bishops, etc.

However, all organised religion is guff anyway, or course, and I'm sure that these people ignore other stuff in the bible that they don't like as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Of course they are selective fundamentalists.
Where are the men's beards or side-locks?
Leviticus 19:27.

Why do they not wear white?
Ecclesiastes 9:8.

I'd also like to see some circumcision papers, and why don't the women cover their heads (1 Corinthians 11:5-6), and I swore I saw some fancy, twirly braided hair. (1 Timothy 2:8)
Those girls and women can be heard, when the New Testament is so clear on their total silence, especially in church (1 Timothy 2:11).

What a bunch of ungodly hypocrites making a mockery of themselves!

Surely Jesus shall make a mockery of them too on Judgement Day.

Here's my humble little rap based on their fundamentalist premise of interpreting scripture.
Not that I'm Christian, but I think there's hope - even for them.
So this is more a warning rap.
It's called "Cockroach Preachers":

"Cockroach preachers brainwashing children
When judgement day comes
They ain't going to heaven

Cockroach clapping
To the biggest load
Painting Lord Jesus
As a homophobe

Cockroach preachers
Killing our hope
Leaving out words
Like the Lord never spoke

Pulling out verses
To fuel social hate
Ain't gonna get these preachers
Through the thin pearly gate

Pulling out laws long forgotten
Or pagan orgies
We can't even fathom

Cockroach preachers
The new pharisees
Taking the tithes
Just as they please

Using small kids
That's quite a sell
But it comes to an end
When they're burning in hell."

edit on 1-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Power_Semi

Surely Jesus shall make a mockery of them too on Judgement Day.

Jesus isn't likely to be doing much of anything since he said himself that he was just a man who was doing what God told him.

I've had this conversation with pretty serious Christian friends of mine numerous times, and they always point out the same line spoken by Jesus in his discussion with the Pharisee "before Abraham was I am"

"I am" is of course an ancient way of God announcing himself, so they claim that this is Jesus saying he is God. However, in the same conversation Jesus must have said at least half a dozen times "I m just a man" "I am just obeying God" "God told me to come here" etc etc.

But that one line, even though it is out of context with everything else Jesus said in that conversation means he is God in their eyes.

And what happened after he said that? The Pharisee picked up stones to throw at him and he RAN AWAY!

It is claimed that the "I am" misunderstanding is down to a mistranslation, since the original text would be in Hebrew, which was then transalted into Greek, then into English.

In that line is the verb Hiarakus [not sure of its spelling] which means to come before in order of rank.

So "before abraham was I am" actually means "I am is more senior to Abraham" (since the Pharisee were saying "we are the sons of Abraham, who are you to come here and lecture us" - Jesus: "well "I am" (God) sent me, and "I am" (God) is senior to Abraham".

So, when you go to a Christian church and they pray to Jesus instead of praying to God, they are immediately breaking one of Gods main rules that you shall pray to me and no one else.

It's a bit like Pascals wager.

Christians pray to Jesus because they believe him to be God, therefore praying to Jesus is prying to God.

But what if they're wrong and he was just a man like HE said he was.

They should remove the element of risk and just pray to God.

But they don't, so everything else from that moment onwards is contrary to Gods wishes, and they are therefore nothing to do with God at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with it! Infact,its very funny.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yes, 'tis funny. Especially since no one will be going to heaven anyway. If you get my drift.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

so someone agreeing with views on the afterlife means you want them dead?

Intolerant anyone

It is the afterlife fella, grow up

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

Birther threads IMO.
Birther threads.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

They sorta tried that already back in the 1600's.
Didn't work out so well.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by albertabound
Just remember one thing - be tolerant of homosexuals, or else!

Why not? If they aren't bothering you directly.
Why shouldn't you be tolerant?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That's just shocking to see...

How did those people raise their kid(s)?

Only possible in the Ultra-Catholic USA?
You guys should really take a look at those 'dangerous extremist muslims all over Europe' and see how 'narrow minded' y'all are... All those 'so called believers' still got a lot of learning to do to pass the gates they believe in...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by waldorf79

Ultra-Catholic USA?

Not to denigrate any faith outside satire, but the only thing more tasteless than the clip would have been the same performance from priests and pint-sized altar boys in frocks.

Since some of the males here might be related it is wise to recall the KVJ: "A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt". (Deuteronomy 22:30)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
just saying.. Gays are gays...
Don't raise your kids to hate, raise your kids to love...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join