It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Homosexuals are not being discriminated against. That they don't go to heaven is the Bible, read it for yourself. People don't "have to" accept the homosexual lifestyle. Some of us out here find it very repulsive. That does not mean that some of us who do hate homosexuals.

Let get this 'straight', God hates Gays or hates the Gay 'lifestyle'? Lifestyle is choice, being Gay certainly is not.
I would guess you feel it's your right to live how you wish to live? Am I wrong? I find your "Christianity" repulsive but I'm not going around trying to tell you how to live your life, except when you try to force your 'morality' on others. We're not all Christians, why do you feel you have the right to impose your religion on others?

The Bible says squat about any Gay 'lifestyle', I doubt there even was one 2000 years ago.

What about the FACT that the Bible says this...

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Do you all forget that in your passion for hate? Let's be serious, the hate is nothing to do with the Bible, that is just the excuse. You'd hate regardless of the Bible. This has nothing to do with your religion. I think you are all hiding the fact that you are in fact GAY.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A sincere question for Christians who support the video....

What is your opinion of how Jesus would feel about it?

I'm not setting you up to knock you down. I just feel that Jesus wouldn't approve. I'm not religious,
but I've read the bible, and I find that I agree with 99.99% of the gospel of Jesus. In his own words
Jesus was a brilliant humanist...

Neither a borrower or a lender be...
All things in moderation...
He who is without sin, cast the first stone.....etc

He is basically the author of the golden rule, and while I disagree he is a God, he was certainly
a profound human.

So....What would Jesus say about this?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
A sincere question for Christians who support the video....

What is your opinion of how Jesus would feel about it?

I'm not setting you up to knock you down. I just feel that Jesus wouldn't approve. I'm not religious,
but I've read the bible, and I find that I agree with 99.99% of the gospel of Jesus. In his own words
Jesus was a brilliant humanist...

Neither a borrower or a lender be...
All things in moderation...
He who is without sin, cast the first stone.....etc

He is basically the author of the golden rule, and while I disagree he is a God, he was certainly
a profound human.

So....What would Jesus say about this?

I think he would react just like he did with the money-changers in the temple. He'd throw a fit, overturn their tables, fashion a whip and beat them out of there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
While it did take place in church and the kid is only expressing Christian views on homosexuality, I find it disturbing that kids are indoctrinated to hate at such a young age. I don't see the trouble with teaching young kids positive ideals like "love thy neighbour" and "help the less fortunate", but it is irresponsible to teach them negatives like intolerance and discrimination.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What Christians like the ones in the video are doing is an abomination on the church.

Christians, when you judge others, you yourself will be judged by others. Either stop judging others, as your Bible commands you, or don't complain when you are judged.

Gays have every right to judge you Christians, until you stop judging them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

This post is actually in response to JEDIMIND...

Gay rights is NOT a non-issue, the Trayvon Martin case is NOT a non-issue otherwise they wouldn't be in the news.

Whether you want to see guys kissing on your newspage, or stories about black people because you consider them to be a minority IS IRRELEVANT to whole many more people than just you!

All you have done with your post have exposed your bigotry; as for sports and celebrities, if people don't wanna read it then they just move on to what they do want to read. I suggest you do the same!

The only thing I do agree with you on issues of tyranny and corruption ARE a very real issue; however, sweeping everything aside that you don't want to read about is about as mature as a child throwing a tantrum in the supermarket because he doesn't get what he wants!

Love between anyone is NOT a - I quote you "disgusting behaviour."

I post a short video in the hope that you might actually learn something:

edit on 31/5/12 by Decronite because: Had to edit link

edit on 31/5/12 by Decronite because: apologies Trucker69, this post was actualy in response to JEDIMIND

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I don't know. I would hope (and think) that Jesus would preach tolerance.

Jesus never spoke directly about homosexuality (although, there are factions from both sides of the argument
which like to infer from his other teachings that homosexuality is natural (search Jesus and eunuchs)
or unnatural and against God's will (search Jesus and marriage).

It's a good question. I firmly believe that if you call yourself a Christian, that your behavior should be
grounded, and guided, by reacting to every challenge presented to you in the way that you think
Jesus would have reacted.

The WWJD bracelet (and idea) is the greatest thing that has happened to Christianity since
Jesus was born IMO.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

THIS is the "Hottest Topic" ON the ATS front page, right now?!?

What a shame......how low can ATS sink??

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

You feel like counting this? I'm out of the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, specifically Church of Christ. Generally, we're known for 2 things: going to be the only ones there, or no instruments in the church--damned shame. Really was the fastest growing movement until after the 60s. And it seems about half of us are stuck in the 60s. Quite fun.

But as far as all these splits, it's something that is going to happen in a religion that originates on an individual relationship with God, that also has an "I'm always right or I'm sinning" complex.

Originally posted by halfoldmanMaybe he won't act on it, but if he does and commits a hate crime I think all those people applauding around him should share his sentence.
Giving the habits of our society, this is very likely to happen.

reply to post by Elohimsciences

That's like believing someone's an Atheist just because they claim to be?
I actually do agree that these "hatemongers" are likely wolves in sheep's clothing, but that does not mean that everyone can separate us from each other. Jsut had the thought. I know you weren't the first to say it.

Not good. Makes them Martyrs.

reply to post by majkaveli

Only so much as where we stuck it did not coincide with what the Creator created said penis for...maybe. But it sidesteps the issue: the issue is not where you put it but whether or not it was used obediently.

reply to post by spiritualzombie

Ah, it's not that simple. Problem is that NO ONE believes the same exact things they believed 10 years ago, and some of that is going to be their morals. So, what arbitrarily made it right or wrong, for you, 10 years ago is not going to fit the problems you have today? If there is no STANDARD, then there is no way to gauge which you was right.

Originally posted by PurpleChitenwatch how angry they get that I didn't stop at 6000).
You really expect them to get angry? Really? Not every Creationist even remotely gets upset by this.

But wow, that post has some rant to it. It comes across as all Christians thought that Blacks were secondary citizens (if that) of the Kingdom. *tch.

For those who actually think that way about Christianity: An Ok place to start. Or even this movie:
Why? Amazing Grace was often used by Abolitionists, as well as others, whether or not the former slave trader-turned Christian THEN abolitionist ever used the song himself for that purpose. More info here
Strange world.

reply to post by Phantom28804

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
If thisis about homosexuality, it starts with the women, then gets into the men.

reply to post by Randomacity

Orly. I'm born again. All it means is that I've "died to my old self", i.e., am trying to make something better of myself, through Christ.

reply to post by dbloch7986

From Christ himself:

51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; 52 for henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three; 53 they will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against her mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

lol, it's already going a long way. There's been a lot of education out there that isn't particularly Christian friendly. Not Novel.
edit on 31-5-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: forgot 1 word.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Just a note....you do know that many Roman and Greek commanders were gay, or at least practicing bisexuals? Yes, I get it, not the gays now.

reply to post by ANOK

More literally, we will be judged by the same judgement we used.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

YOU ARE BOTH WRONG! (Thanks for the CAPS suggestion "Dirty Trucker" 69!)

Teaching anyone to hate anyone else for any reason - especially to a CHILD, is wrong on EVERY level!

Hows that for stimulating debate!

I suggest you both, along with your short squat ugly troll "Yoda" friend "JediMind", take your "SchWartz", and go posting your ugly prejudiced arguments on another Forum, where you might actually get taken seriously.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

I don't know. I would hope (and think) that Jesus would preach tolerance.

Jesus never spoke directly about homosexuality (although, there are factions from both sides of the argument
which like to infer from his other teachings that homosexuality is natural (search Jesus and eunuchs)
or unnatural and against God's will (search Jesus and marriage).

It's a good question. I firmly believe that if you call yourself a Christian, that your behavior should be
grounded, and guided, by reacting to every challenge presented to you in the way that you think
Jesus would have reacted.

The WWJD bracelet (and idea) is the greatest thing that has happened to Christianity since
Jesus was born IMO.....

He was very tolerant until people desecrated the temple, he kicked some serious butt on that one. He'd do the same with these folks.

Mark 11:
15 And they came to Jerusalem. And Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out those who sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers and the seats of those who sold doves.

16 And He would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17 And He taught, saying unto them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called for all nations the house of prayer’? But ye have made it a den of thieves.”

18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the people were astonished at His doctrine.

Matthew 21:
12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all those who sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers and the seats of those who sold doves,

13 and said unto them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called the house of prayer,’ but ye have made it a den of thieves.”

He didn't kick butt often, but when he did, it was effective. Those folks are the same ilk as the moneychangers

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
I find the thought that most of the people who bash on Christians have never even been apart of a Church funny

I've been to many churches of diff denominations. I studied religion in a Christian seminary. I've hung out with preachers and youth leaders. I've been on Robert Tilton's mailing list
I know 1st hand what I'm up against. I know my enemy.

How many atheists have you run around with? If you came over, we might play some board or card games. We could jam. I love to play and write music. We could make something. My apartment is decorated with my creations. For example, there's a life size Darth Vader next to me and a tiny TARDIS on a bookshelf that has sound and light. We could write a story or make some animation. I'm an artist. We have lots of media to chose from. We could collaborate on a work. At some point though, I'll have to go to work and make the dry goods store pretty and stocked. I'll help people and ring them up. But when I get off, we can play some more. I'm sorry I don't have any meat to offer you. My girlfriend eats meat. You could ask her for some.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Thanks for clarifying your point about the corruption of Government etc, I agree!

However posting this on a thread that has nothing to do with your statement is meaningless, and as I have seen it, rather troll like.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I'm an atheist....I realize that this was NOT applied to me, but I will take the "challenge::

I've been to many churches of diff denominations. I studied religion in a Christian seminary. I've hung out with preachers and youth leaders. I've been on Robert Tilton's mailing list I know 1st hand what I'm up against. I know my enemy.

How many atheists have you run around with? If you came over, we might play some board or card games.

I'll "play games" with you.....

Also, whilst it's somewhat "important" to "respect" others' beliefs, even if they are totally outside of logic or reason....it is part of the "HUMAN" condition to seek "answers"....hence the compelling nature of 'religion'....HOWEVER......do NOT seek these "answers" in the realm of what OTHER HUMANS have created.

Because, ALL "religions" are nothing but a MAN-MADE CREATION......just think about it......for two seconds.......(or more)......

I do NOT advocate ANY religion here! In fact, I reject ALL "man-made" religions!!!........learn to BE, as HUMAN.....no need for any "outside influence"......it is nonsense. ALL of it is made-up. Just use your own sense of being....is within you.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The boy is totally innocent.The parents should be shot, or at least castrated. And just for precaution all the folks who got up for the standing ovation should be neutered as well.

I hope all the gay soldiers will watch the video, and re-think why they wanna die for this ...?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well. There isnt a sin God cant or wont forgive ...

However , most of them could care less about the God of the Bible which in my belief is the only real God.

So in my opinion , they wont be there unless they try and at least turn from Homosexuality knowing that the God of the Bible doesnt approve.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
1st it should be proven that there is a heaven and that anyone goes to it in some form.

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
That's not the first step. First step is proving to people that spirits live outside the body's control.

Really, "some form" doesn't do it for you? Anyway, why would one even talk about religion in specific terms as if it is a science? One simply needs to prove that consciousness is sustained after death. I think it's stated that if the person follows the instructions, the experience will be immensely pleasant and eternal. I'd like to see some proof that this happens. I would imagine the science behind this to be fairly complicated. If this is proven to be the case, I would postulate that this life becomes relatively insignificant in comparison.

As for the rest of your comments on my behavior, what?

edit on 31-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

What a complete waste of space you are. Speaking as an atheist that you are, I would have thought you could have done better.

However, having read your further posts, you pose an interesting question. Which out of respect for my god, I would not speak for him, I would only speak for myself, because my views change, as I grow with him.
edit on 1/6/12 by Decronite because: To answer your question

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

If we were all cry babies, then our gay rights that are a real to us wouldn't BE in the news!

As for calling us perpetrators of HIV, you expose yourself clearly for the ignorant, uneducated hating poor excuse for a human that you really are.

Its no different to telling everyone on ATS that you ARE gay.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join