It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You don't have to take away anyone's kids... just educate the public that all religions are a cult and practice mental abuse.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Thank you, FINALLY someone gets it!!

I recently converted to Islam, and am trying to exercise my freedom to believe what I want to
but my entire family is against me.

My wife says she WILL NOT wear her veil.
She is resisting my attempts to have our youngest daughter circumcised.
She HATES my beard.
My eldest daughter has disgraced the family by going out in public scantily clad and riding in cars
with boys, and I cannot even get my eldest sons to take her out into the street so that she can be
stoned...MUCH LESS get them to even pick up a pebble.

And now my wife is threatening me with police action for beating her when I have FOLLOWED ALL
THE GUIDELINES (as my religion dictates) for proper spousal discipline.

It is getting to the point that I can't take it anymore. WHERE IS MY RELIGIOUS FREEDOM that
everybody keeps talking about. All I want to do is serve my God, but I am being repressed at every turn.

On a side note my eldest son is gay. He came out of the closet yesterday. So last night I tried to
begin a conversation with him, easing into the proper religious procedures and it was all going
well until I started talking about how to correctly tie the noose when he BLEW UP at me....

And all of this just because I want to practice MY faith, exercise MY "freedom of religion" and be a
good, honest, hard-working, God-fearing man.

So I totally understand how the poster I responded to feels...

As a last note, and a ray of hope for me---my youngest son is four and I have taught him all the
prayers and tenets of our religion and he seems to be coming around. He can chant ALOT of
Q'uran from memory.....and tomorrow maybe me and him can get my eldest daughter to come
outside with us......

....I had a load of large stones delivered by truck yesterday and he is a pretty good shot...

edit on 31-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

Oh, don't worry, there are many here who will fully defend you just like they defended the kid in the video. They feel very strongly about this!!

....on another note, how's that pilot license coming along? I know you've been working on it for a while. Did they let you skip all that stuff about landing or are they making you learn it anyway?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Is everybody fee to 'peddle their wares' or not?
Freedom of choice can be hateful, sublime, misunderstood, fractious, unwelcome,
But it's still freedom of specch.
If you choose to pursue life and love and liberty...
You can choose your path in perfect freedom..
But the minute you choose to forget that principle and judge...
Man, all hell breaks loose.
But isn't that the nature of free speech, however biased, insulting and discriminatory?
And the minute you take offence at another persons' expression of freedom,.is the minute you say,
"I am right and you are wrong for thinking this way."

Tell me I'm wrong (As Kev would say..)....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I do hope that none of this came as negative or judgemental in any way, just trying to describe my thought processes.

I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your level-headed and truly Christian attitudes. After reading several of your posts in this thread, you are what all the other bigoted "pretend Christians" should aspire to be.

You state that you have disowned the label "Christian" and in a way I commend you taking that stance. I can't begin to comprehend how uncomfortable it must be for you having to read all the crap other so-called Christians write in representation of your religious beliefs. It's like the Taliban claiming Islam for themselves and tainting all Muslims in the process.

Well done to you, you have my best wishes and my appreciation for being a truly moral person, unlike the many right-wing crazies we have here dragging your religious beliefs into embarrassment.

Thank you. I'm by no means perfect and make mistakes every day, but I try to do it without lashing out at innocent people who don't deserve it. I only lash out in retalliation. That may be wrong too, but if other Christians....correction, followers of Christ
.... don't stand up to the people who claim to be christian, who will?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

sooner or later this little gay basher will meet up with the wrong homosexual and get his teeth knocked down his throat.
reply to post by buster2010

Or he will meet the right one and fall in love!!! WOO HOO!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I know, I'm back posting on a thread I accused others of wasting away a day of their lives on, but I just wanted to make darn sure that the membere here at ATS and the many readers understand, clearly, that this isn't really Christianity, but something that I call Churchianity instead and the worst part of it.

I like the term very much! I think that's a great way to explain it!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OH and BTW I hear the pastor is hiding and he and members of his congregation are getting death threats,

GOOD! They are experiencing the terrorism they were spreading. Kharma can be a good thing.

A child sings a song about gays not going to heaven and get death threats over it? Who is intolerant of who?

Speaking out against intolerance isn't intolerance, it is DENYING IGNORANCE!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by Yurimaster
Back in the days gays was a bad thing and not legal, now gays ok, then what's next? Bestiality maybe one day be accepted and people will be used to people falling in love and marrying their own pets. I wonder where this world is going...

That's how I feel about religion... if we start letting people having freedom of religion, what's next? People are going to start worshiping human feces and rubbing it on their faces? And then what? We have to teach kids that it's okay to worship feces? What if Satanism becomes the mainstream, does that mean my kid is going to have to pray to Satan in school? I mean there really is no line... Once you allow any sort of freedom of religion, it's a slippery slope to feces worship and satanism.
edit on 31-5-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

Oh, don't forget the human sacrifices and acts of terrorism against other countries!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If Christians cannot all come together and unite on all of the big social issues, then the entire religion is contradictory and defunct. Some say gay bashing is good, some say it's bad, some say this, some say that. Everybody seems to have their own philosophy. Until an authority figure - like God or Jesus... or the Pope - comes along and says being gay is alright, there will continue to be ambiguity and confusion.

How many Christian denominations are there really? I don't think anybody is capable of seeing eye to eye anymore. The human race is so fractured and divided, it's just profoundly ridiculous at this point...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Well, let it be said again, no one should be lumping all Christians together..but I have to say that, again and again, I see some Christians doing the most hateful things, and this is just one more particularly nasty example. I would hope that, at some point, good Christians would get together and combat this kind of thing. Really disgusting video. And the cheering..*shiver

relax, it is about belief in an afterlife- if it is any consolation, they would say I (a heterosexual) will not enter heaven.

As others have said, this is not important, not in any real shape or form

Not sure what you mean by "relax". Not gay myself, but seeing children taught hatred disturbs me.

I don't want to be "relaxed" about that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Because I truthfully view the gay movement, in its' own way, as being just as authoritarian as Christians are in theirs.

But there is a reason for that.

See the OP.

Which came first? If Gays are "authoritarian", as you put it, it's just a reaction to bigotry like in the video.

Any social group after years of bigotry will become militant. They can't not be Gay, a Christian is one by choice, and they choose to hate. Gays didn't suddenly decide to hate Christians just because they're Christians.

(for simplicity I am talking in generalizations, obviously not all Christians hate gays, and vice versa. Those that do I wouldn't consider a Christian anyway, whatever they choose to call themselves)

edit on 5/31/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I see a lot of alarmist material on ATS about kids being taught anything on the existence of gay people in the US.
Isn't this a justification for such anti-bullying material?

I think either everyone should leave homosexuality and gay people alone when it comes to minors, or there's a serious double-standard.

Not that I think it matters, because I wrote things like "AIDS kills faggots dead" on my pencil case when I was a bit older than this kid, and secretly I knew that I was gay all along.

Of course this kid is different, and he's not in a conservative environment where it's not much spoken about, he is being brainwashed quite directly.

Maybe he won't act on it, but if he does and commits a hate crime I think all those people applauding around him should share his sentence.

The good thing is that wheresoever there's hate and darkness, there's also goodness and light.

The testimony of Nate Phelps - the excommunicated son of Wesboro's Fred Phelps - is an an astounding proof of how people can overcome hate, and in his words of wisdom in the clip he says that people who feel pride in themselves can never be humiliated again:

edit on 31-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Those are not atoms, they are molecules. Atoms are assumed to be the smallest unit of matter, so only if we have a microscope more powerful than the Hubble telescope, it would be almost impossible to see it. (If we could, seeing as though it is a concept to 'fill in the blanks' of obtaining some knowledge/system of the natural world).

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
doesn't surprise me, these so called peaceful christians who hate and worship a god other than the Creator of all Creation

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I'm aghast that people would actually think it's ok to brainwash a 4 year old into hating gay people.
And then they all cheer the kid singing the song.

If the kid were saying Jews or Blacks weren't getting into heaven they would be called anti semites or al sharpton would be protesting.
But since it's gay people getting discriminated against no one says anything.
I'm getting sick of people gay bashing.

Homosexuals are not being discriminated against. That they don't go to heaven is the Bible, read it for yourself. People don't "have to" accept the homosexual lifestyle. Some of us out here find it very repulsive. That does not mean that some of us who do hate homosexuals.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by petrus4
Because I truthfully view the gay movement, in its' own way, as being just as authoritarian as Christians are in theirs.

But there is a reason for that.

See the OP.

Which came first? If Gays are "authoritarian", as you put it, it's just a reaction to bigotry like in the video.

Any social group after years of bigotry will become militant. They can't not be Gay, a Christian is one by choice, and they choose to hate. Gays didn't suddenly decide to hate Christians just because they're Christians.

(for simplicity I am talking in generalizations, obviously not all Christians hate gays, and vice versa. Those that do I wouldn't consider a Christian anyway, whatever they choose to call themselves)

edit on 5/31/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

Yep. As a black man, I've been told I have a chip on my shoulder( which is just code for "you respect yourself no matter how society treats you and that makes me uncomfortable, therefore I must try to take you down a peg" , but if I am a bit militant, it's because black folks, any minority or " other" still deal with crazy amounts of abuse. Gays are where we were in the 50's as far as how they're treated. Pastors calling for their extermination, for #s sake..and people AGREE with that. Amazing and utterly evil. In America, though, people have the right to believe what they want, speak on it too. And I have the right, as an American, to shun them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunkNerd5
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Those are not atoms, they are molecules. Atoms are assumed to be the smallest unit of matter, so only if we have a microscope more powerful than the Hubble telescope, it would be almost impossible to see it. (If we could, seeing as though it is a concept to 'fill in the blanks' of obtaining some knowledge/system of the natural world).

No sweetie, those are atoms making up the molecules. Seriously, do you know ANYTHING at all about science or are you just making this up as you go along?

google "atomic microscope", then google "electron microscope", then .... eat your words darlin

And if you REALLY want to blow your tiny little mind, google "sub-atomic particle", by all means, video yourself when you do, it would be hillarious to watch!

Pride's not hard to swallow once you've chewed it long enough.
edit on 31-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunkNerd5
Gays are against Christian doctrine as much as human-animal intercourse and marriage. Stop bashing on Christians because you dont accept our views, I dont see you bashing on Muslims because they wear those shawls on their heads, why not accept one's view. I agree that this is bad on another level than 'bashing gays'. For instance, church goers dont need to cheer about anyone at all not making it to Heaven, if they were really Christians, they would be trying to help the gays enter Heaven instead of cheering their eternal demise. I have come to the conclusion that atheists and extreme Christian critics are only out for 2 things; to (try to) deny and confute the Christian God for the SOLE purpose of hating Christians for some profound and/or personal reason and/or just not believing. Its funny how people only bash on Christian morals and values and not lets say Muslim or Hindu religions. I know why, its because they solely HATE Christians for some reason. You must agree non believers, that the only religious target you are targeting are Christians and not even trying to criticize other religions. Stop saying Christians are 'brainwashed', the only bad thing about Christianity is the hypocrites (like these) that dont follow the Christian doctrine correctly; who by chance have been chosen to represent Christianity in it's entirety. People are judged by their mistakes and wrong doings than their facts and good doing.

Jesus, that poor man who preached non violence, love, and abundance in knowledge and wisdom through faith is being completely ignored throughout all of this. Find a fault in Jesus' teaching and not of the hypocrites we know are wrong.
edit on 30-5-2012 by PunkNerd5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by PunkNerd5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by PunkNerd5 because: typo XD

So your argument is ,well yea a lot of horrible things have been done in the name of Christianity, but horrible things have happened in the name of other religions as well. That's like Charles Manson saying "why don't you bash on Hitler and leave me alone." It doesn't work like that. So you say "stop bashing on Christians because you don't except our views."

Would you say the same for Hitler and his extermination of the jews. After all, his religious beliefs were beliefs like any other. What about the sacrifice of around 50,000 people by the Aztecs for the opening of a new temple, or all those lost during horrific reign of the great crusades. All those things are not something I feel I should have to except as a "cultural or religious differences".

And yes Jesus was a good man who preached of love, and I have nothing against Jesus. However I would like to point out that there is evidence to suggest that Jesus himself was gay. So yes Jesus was probably a good man or alien hybrid
However, considering that he might have had some sort of homosexual relationship, he would not appreciate this attitude toward fellow human beings.

People keep saying that we need to accept Christians views, when there views are ones that usually attempt to take peoples rights away. Why not you Christians accept the atheists views huh? Why be so backwards minded, seems counterproductive.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

So your argument is ,well yea a lot of horrible things have been done in the name of Christianity, but horrible things have happened in the name of other religions as well. That's like Charles Manson saying "why don't you bash on Hitler and leave me alone." It doesn't work like that. So you say "stop bashing on Christians because you don't except our views."

This just deserves repeating. Brilliant and insightful!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Christians of ATS, gonna just sit there and let this BS happen? You say your God is a loving god, and all I see here is hate.

I don't like it anymore then the next guy, I'm a Christian but I do not stand with these people. If there was a anti-gay protest on one side of the street, and a pro-gay protest on the other, I would stand with the pro-gay protesters. I am all for love and rights, I don't hate people based on their beliefs.

I'm only one person, but I know there's others who stand with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join