It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bane5930

Your approach is flawed. If people chose to believe in a afterlife then so be it, its what makes them happy. Freedom is all about perusing happiness without infringing on others rights to do the same.

However, to those who appear to be concerned about entering this afterlife, do you really think the creator will care where you stuck your penis into?

All intolerance is TAUGHT, no one is born that way.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I surely hope that I don't end up in heaven. Valhalla would be more interesting. My dad used to trot my brother and I up to sing all kinds of Christian war songs which we had no idea what any of the songs meant. Still 5 kids from the church ended up being gay and always have this view of Christianity for their entire lives. So good job.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's all "free speech" and "there are bigger issues" until someone wants to setup a muslim center in New York.

This is about the intolerance of religion. Religion is mental abuse. Religion is like a damaging addictive drug that people become spiritually dependent on. It should be kept from kids.

If you need religion to find reason to be good to people, you are an addict and should seek treatment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
In some parts of the world this church and the parents of the child doing the singing might become the object of interest among social services organizations or police departments.

Some jurisdictions have laws on the books forbidding hate speech or incitement to hate. Would this song amount to probable cause to investigate?

I used to know a guy who came into work one day and told us how he was teaching his four year old to hate the Jews.

Hunter S. Thompson taught his dog to attack when it heard the word "Nixon".

I sure hope the kid doesn't turn out to be gay.

link   
Forcing children into religion is one of the worst crimes man commits .....

link   
reply to post by grey580

My Question is this:

How does this jive with the (proposed or passed?) Missouri legislation to ban even mentioning homosexuality in grade school under the assumption that it might cause it to occur in the little children?

While we all know kids are sponges, they don't rationalize sex to well. When I was 8, I played "doctor" with a 9 year old female friend (you know, I'll show you mine if you show me yours...). I hope this is not seen as gross or pedaphiliac in nature (c'mon, I WAS A CHILD THEN TOO!), but she must have had a really "fleshy" area going on down there because I thought she had testicles too and that the only difference between us (and thus, between boys and girls) was a penis or lack thereof.

That only got corrected for me in 6th grade, when we finally got sex ed, and when I got to see the side-view of both genders' internal plumbing .

So, to think that kids even understand what they are talking about when homosexuality comes up is laughable to me. They aren't sexual yet, they don't get it. Hell, a female friend in college once remarked to me that she didn't understand what a urinal was - didn't even know they existed...though that could be a whole nother issue...

...as far as the point about black people being hated, this reminds me of the kid inone of those documentaries about the KKK. She's not even 7 or 8 and saying things like N-word this and N-word that. How could she possibly know? So, yes, this is indoctrination of hate.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Sphota because: to specify what I meant.

link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69
reply to post by spiritualzombie

What I am saying is the intolerance of Homosexuals to even curb their lust for bath house adventures has resulted in more Christians dying of GRID/AIDS in the last half century than Homosexuals dying because of homophobic bigotry in America. Sheer numbers prove this out.

The CDC clearly says homosexuals are still the largest group affected by HIV and are the largest group still transmitting that dreadful disease.Those numbers don't lie either.

It's only through the tolerance and compassion of our society as a whole that we try to keep that dreaded disease at bay. We do this through research and education and I suspect a great number of those people dedicated to that cause are Christians. This tolerance and compassion or prevention is something almost totally lacking in the homosexual community because they are still the largest group spreading that dreadful disease.

Now, having said that and related to this topic, you pick out a video from some church and point to that as one of the reasons to abolish all religion on the planet. Homosexuals are some of the most intolerant people I observe on this earth.

You won't tolerate this video or the view point but you will tolerate simulated sex or outright sex at a gay pride parade. You will tolerate the rates at which homosexuals spread HIV but you won't tolerate someone who SAYS Homosexuals should die for their practice of infecting large numbers of Christians through a tainted blood supply early on with this epidemic. Some Homosexuals even did this on purpose. If it was up to you, you would remove our right to voice any opinion that fosters a debate on right and wrong where Homosexuals are concerned.

On the other hand, you would openly tolerate the right of every homosexual to do as he pleases, with how many he chooses to please and damn the consequences because we as a society including Christians will bear the brunt of the costs associated with finding a cure for that disease.

I actually laugh at your intolerance and how offended you really are about this video. Here's a clue, you blow its significance way out of proportion.

edit on 31-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: (no reason given)

Ahaha! Bath House Adventures. The real problem with AIDS is the fact that married men are going on the down low and having sex with men. If they were honest with their sexual preferences in the first place it wouldn't be in the situation they are in now. It's not just GAYS that have AIDS and HIV. Primarily, the disease was given to Humanity and evolved by those who ate the raw flesh of infected chimpanzees. Not knowing they had contracted the disease, they had sexual relations with another person, and it began to spread. It's not just spread by sex either.

I find that your post is incredibly misinformed, and you obviously don't understand the mechanics on how the disease works. It seems that you have fallen for the same homophobic propaganda and misinformation that many do. Besides, Christianity has for a long time been using its religious influence to get what it wants, picking and choosing what the congregations believe, and how they worship their god. It's rather disappointing to see a society who claims itself to be 'above and denying ignorance' being blatantly ignorant in their own way.

Fact of the matter is. We're not here to give you AIDS. We're not here to molest your children (In fact, I belief it is the CATHOLIC CHURCH that goes to great lengths to try and hide the molestation and rape of boys and girls at the hands of their priests), and we certainly aren't here to impose on everyone. Don't get me wrong, there are some in the GLBT community that act absolutely abhorrent, and I don't condone that kind of behavior at all. However, while you preach that people have the right to speak against homosexuality, it goes the same way. People are allowed to speak FOR homosexuality. Christians have no business prodding their noses in my bedroom.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by eNaR

or what about

"my dad dresses up in S&M fetish gear in the middle of city centres under the auspices of "pride" "

How dare you point that out!
They don't want us to point out things like that. They only want to point out how, through this video they are being victimized. No one else has a right to say that what they do at their parades may just be a "tiny weeny bit" over the top.

I say deal with it. If you don't like it, go to another county that doesn't tolerate opposition to the homosexual lifestyle. As strange as it seems, those countries do exist over in Europe somewhere.

We have to tolerate your gay pride parades and we do. By the same token, you must tolerate our right to say whatever the heck we want about your lifestyle.

Use CAPS..... It'll make your rant more meaningful !

Such a well thought out response to the obvious inequity of tolerance displayed by the homosexual community here on this board today. Thanks for participating in the debate in such a stimulating way.

Well I guess I could have blasted you for assuming I'm gay (I'm NOT), or told you I really don't care what adults think about gays and or religion but when it comes to children.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

They aren't asking for new rights or laws. They are asking not to be excluded from existing ones based on their sexuality. Big difference.

Yeah, they are doing this in their own church, but the issue isn't with their speech, it is with teaching children that this kind of hate is okay and actually cheering them on.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by deepankarm
All the self appointed saints at the ATS, i will give you some facts-
1- there is no one in this world who doesn't has 'hate' in his/her heart.
2- Love can't exist without hate.
If heaven is a fairytale thing, then you shouldn't be bothered about who will be allowed to go there.
The comments made by you depict the hate in your hearts whether for a good cause or not.

There is definitely hate, I hate the thumpers through and through....and it's a perfect hate, just like the bible says Even God hates, and my opinion is that he would hate the thumpers.... and so do I.
As a non christian, i didn't know that God has hate for something.
Plz let me know the details.
I was told by my Christian room partner that his God is all loving and so was Christ.
So what are the things Jesus,the son of god hates??
I am kinda neutral on the subject of gay rights but it saddens me that Christians are fighting among themselves.
I see hatred born of ego on both sides.

There is a great deal of hatred and a great deal of violence in bible. A much larger amount in the Old Testament than in the New Testament. Most of it is found in Psalms and Proverbs (the hatred) and are the results of actions that take place. Just as people get angry at one another due to the things that are done today, they did the same 2000 years ago, 4000 years ago 10,000 years ago, a million years ago (watch how angry they get that I didn't stop at 6000). Mankind is a judgemental race, that happens when people come together in communities. One single person can be talked to, reasoned with, but larger groups of people can't. One single person is intelligent, able to reason, but larger groups are downright stupid, ignorant and full of hatred.
There aren't just Christians and non-christians in the world, there is a wide, wide range. There are extremists on both ends and even extremists among groups within and it all forms chances for hatred. There are the extreme right wing groups that are beyond reason such as the Westboro Baptist Church (the group that protests at military funerals, all things gay, Jewish, etc) and the KKK/White supremist groups to the extreme left wing (what your grandfather would call the "hippies".)
Absolutely, invariably, anytime you gather groups of people, two things will emerge, Politics and Religion, every single time. Some will say they are one and the same and they may be right. Both of these things bring hatred, violence and refusal to use reason and compromise. Christians aren't a special group that is without sin, Christians are just somewhere on that scale of human behavior who have been exposed to the idea of Jesus Christ. Some learn as much about him as they possibly can, others accept what they're told then formulate their own idea through interaction with others and new concepts, usually false concepts are born. It's the ignorance of the latter group and their refusal to look at truth that leads to the hatred. They believe what their "leader", in most cases a preacher, tells them. That preacher can either be someone who learned and searched or can be just like them and believed what he was told and it continues down the line. When learning and researching are abandoned, ignorance prevails and hatred conqures.
It's been 2000 years since Christ walked the earth and the idea that is presented of him today is not what he actually was, the statements of his journey today are not what actually took place. We CAN find the truth, it's there for us, but too many people in today's world don't want to put the effort in to learn, they just blindly follow the blind leaders they have and hatred overtakes them and we get the nasty, ugly groups that strike out against others. 150 years ago, they were striking out against the black race, today, they strike out against homosexuals. It wasn't right then, it's not right now.
edit on 31-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I fail to see any violence or hatred from the comments on page one or in the video for that fact.
Most people won't make it to heaven(if you believe) on your own without accepting Christ.
I didn't hear any Nazi radical ideas, or words to kill, hurt,harm any gays.
It doesn't sound like a church I would want to belong.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

As stated, just because a wolf dons a sheep's skin and calls himself a sheep doesn't make him one.

I know what you are saying.

Depressing all the hate and viciousness in the world.

Taking a innocent child and instilling hatred and prejudice into him and applauding him for expounding on it like that is sad.

Those folks may call themselves Christian but they were not real Christians, they were pretend, phony ones.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

That display was not love. It was the opposite.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I wonder how many of those dicks in suits were actually gay themselves.

I see this as one of the main issues, actually.

I've met a few people who bashed on gay folks, only for them to turn out to be gay themselves.

It's a kind of externalization ones own perceived faults. The conundrum is that being gay is not a fault at all. Society pounded it into that poor guy when he was just a kid, that loving men was wrong and weak.

Well it's not, it's just a preference. In fact --- Feminine/Masculine actually do not have much to do with Sexual Preference.

I know some gay dudes that could wipe the floor with those pricks in that church - AND - be a better father/example to that little kid.

90% of those who are most adamant about homosexuals are homosexual themselves and afraid of what they are, so they strike out against others since they can't strike out against themselves. They hide who they are from others and even from themselves out of nothing but outright fear.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Thank you, FINALLY someone gets it!!

I recently converted to Islam, and am trying to exercise my freedom to believe what I want to
but my entire family is against me.

My wife says she WILL NOT wear her veil.
She is resisting my attempts to have our youngest daughter circumcised.
She HATES my beard.
My eldest daughter has disgraced the family by going out in public scantily clad and riding in cars
with boys, and I cannot even get my eldest sons to take her out into the street so that she can be
stoned...MUCH LESS get them to even pick up a pebble.

And now my wife is threatening me with police action for beating her when I have FOLLOWED ALL
THE GUIDELINES (as my religion dictates) for proper spousal discipline.

It is getting to the point that I can't take it anymore. WHERE IS MY RELIGIOUS FREEDOM that
everybody keeps talking about. All I want to do is serve my God, but I am being repressed at every turn.

On a side note my eldest son is gay. He came out of the closet yesterday. So last night I tried to
begin a conversation with him, easing into the proper religious procedures and it was all going
well until I started talking about how to correctly tie the noose when he BLEW UP at me....

And all of this just because I want to practice MY faith, exercise MY "freedom of religion" and be a
good, honest, hard-working, God-fearing man.

So I totally understand how the poster I responded to feels...

As a last note, and a ray of hope for me---my youngest son is four and I have taught him all the
prayers and tenets of our religion and he seems to be coming around. He can chant ALOT of
Q'uran from memory.....and tomorrow maybe me and him can get my eldest daughter to come
outside with us......

....I had a load of large stones delivered by truck yesterday and he is a pretty good shot...

edit on 31-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Randomacity

And through your whole post you ignore the fact that homosexuals are still the largest perpetrators of HIV today. You can be married but if you have sex with a man you are a homosexual so don't try and blur the line and pull the rest of us in with that one.

My point is, homosexuals are so intolerant of other view points that they would suppress a video such as this and in other posts, take the kid away and or throw the parents in jail or make it against the law! They take absolutely no responsibility for what they physically do to society but are so intolerant of what people SAY.

I see the video as a non issue really. Its a very small segment of society that holds that belief just like Homosexuals are a very, very, very small segment of society. On the other hand, I find the response to the video by the Homosexuals to be absolutely hilarious! It clearly shows what a bunch of immature cry babies they really are.

Put on your big boy pants, you are living in America..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Randomacity

This is the problem...stereotyping. It was OK (and in many ways still is) to judge people of African or other non-mainstream Anglo-European ancestry up until the 60s (barely a stone's throw through time for us), yet it became - at least on the surface - a sort of social taboo for most people in most circles.

Stereotyping of any sort...making the individual into the whole, while cognitively explicable (our brains do work by categorization [Gestalt]), it's a matter of what our society chooses to fall into a category that informs the individual's cognitive function.

In other words, if all of the commentary and imagery exposed to a person (including a member of the oppressed or stereotyped group) regards certain attributes, then that person forms the Gestalt for that class of person. Crude example being "fried chicken" and "watermelon"...

...the only reason I know that it is a stereotype for Black people to eat watermelon and fried chicken is because I've heard it and seen in, both in poignantly racist diatribes and in comedic satire (even by Black comedians). However, I've never really seen an inordinant amount of Black people eating watermelon and fried chicken. Sure, I'm sure I've seen it, I've seen plenty of white people eat those things too. In fact, I've probably seen my mom eat more watermelon than any other person - no matter the race.

It doesn't make sense, but I accept it to be a stereotype because I've been conditioned to believe it is one.

For me, that means don't even discuss it or bring it up; for others who are predisposed to not liking Black people, I suppose it would be a central cliche of their racist commentary. At any rate, whether I acknowledge it to be the case, or someone in the KKK acknowledges it to be the case, it's this amorphous, generalized narrative that permeates our culture.

When I was a senior, I bagged groceries at a Fry's in Arizona. While there are not a whole lot of Black people in Arizona (as compared to say, the deep South or East coast cities), we had many Black customers. I remember one time that a Black man came through the line and had a shrinkwrapped package of pigs feet. I thought to myself, huh, I've heard that is a stereotype. I never once after that moment, for Black, White or Hispanic, bagged another pigs foot for the duration of my employment at that grocery store. In fact, I think it was years later that pigs feet even came to mind, and that is when I found out that the pork in a lot of pork fried rice and mu shu pork at chinese restaurants was "foot meat".

What's my point? Stereotypes are rarely first-hand, accountable, factual observances, but many times they are self-propelling, cyclical cultural nuances that "may" apply to a segment of the group for various reasons, but never the whole group.

Watermelon and Fried Chicken, for example, are southern foods and even white southerners will eat them. Collard Greens and Okra are FROM Africa, it only makes sense that where the diaspora went, so too did the food. But I've eaten collards my whole life and I'm willing to bet there are Black people in Seattle, Minneapolis and Toronto that have NEVER eaten Collards.

Promiscuity can be a result of a self-loathing and "shameful" lifestyle (at least as internalized by a closeted gay man). As such, it makes sense that many gay men, especially closeted ones (even if they are no longer closeted) cling to such a promiscuous lifestyle. I've been there and it's not a good thing. I think many gay men will tell you that. But, rather than being able to have a normal adolescence, date, "come of age" so to speak, you are forced underground, where other seedy things happen.

This, in turn, causes a sort of ritualization of the lifestyle, whereby, even now that it is more open for gay people, the whole leather-bound, S&M, nipple-torture, popper-sniffing, daisy-dukes, cockring stuff has been latched on to by a segment of the population. It has been "owned" so to speak in the parlance of Black people who discuss the sociological impact of using the N word. It becomes a self-defining stereotype...a self- and group-identifying one.

Likewise, from the stand-up of everybody from Richard Prier to Dave Chappelle, it becomes clear that many stereotypes in the Black community become internalized. For better or for worse, it becomes a mark of the oppressed that they latch on to the vary aspects of their culture that the Oppressor demonizes. Gay sodomites in Tom of Finland leather get-ups kissing and flaunting it in public and Black people letting their pants sag low to the ground, smoking Newports and eating Fried Chicken.

I'm Gay, I don't wear leather or flaunt my sexuality (in both sense of the word) in public.
None of my Black friends, coworkers, acquaintances or family members smoke Newports or eat fried chicken on the regular (unless they hide it)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Riiiiiggght... I guess being gay is now a disease a birth defect. Lets blame the parents. Or we could blame our creator for doing that to us before we was born.

Huh???

No, being gay is natural and happens in hundreds of animal species. It's not something evil, it's not a birth defect and it's not a disease. Did you reply to the wrong person or something???

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

So because gay people have the audacity to be gay and not be ashamed means that others are justified in hating them and teaching children to hate them?

There's a difference between a gay pride parade, which has nothing to do with hating anyone, and displaying hatred and intolerance for people who are gay. You don't see gay people with signs that say "god hates heteros" and chanting about how all heteros are going to hell, do you?

The two simply do not equate. In fact, your comment implies that you think being gay is offensive in and of itself and deserves hatred in return as if its only fair.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Thats the old good ol` boys club right there

U guys be careful when your down south. Thats were its the worst

It wasn't down south, it was in Indiana

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Why is that people always seem to link being gay with black people, is it just me that notices this? This video is about religion and homosexuality so why out of all the races does being black get brought up especially considering all the other races. Maybe I am just being argumentative but it seems people like to collect these groups and shove them into a corner together far too often.

There was hatred and discrimination against blacks 150 years ago and the racism still goes on today. Today, the target group for the hate and the discrimination is gays, just like it was blacks before. Their struggle is against the same people, the same hatred, the same bigotry. The gays of today are the blacks of yesterday.
edit on 31-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join