It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Evil, hateful people. If you think this is amusing in anyway then your part of the bullying problem. Remember what goes around, come around.

edit on 31-5-2012 by Bane5930 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I just can't see anything good about teaching intolerance or hate.
I don't know what else to say on this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I just can't see anything good about teaching intolerance or hate.
I don't know what else to say on this.

we are talking about the afterlife though, I wouldn't get in according to their criteria, and I am straight- that is why I just wouldn't get too upset- though if they were advocating attacking people physically or sticking them in concentration camps, then yeah, that isn't on

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! All we hear is gay rights this, gives us new laws etc.....

10 stars for this vid!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

N* **c* th*t *h**.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by eNaR

or what about

"my dad dresses up in S&M fetish gear in the middle of city centres under the auspices of "pride" "

How dare you point that out!
They don't want us to point out things like that. They only want to point out how, through this video they are being victimized. No one else has a right to say that what they do at their parades may just be a "tiny weeny bit" over the top.

I say deal with it. If you don't like it, go to another county that doesn't tolerate opposition to the homosexual lifestyle. As strange as it seems, those countries do exist over in Europe somewhere.

We have to tolerate your gay pride parades and we do. By the same token, you must tolerate our right to say whatever the heck we want about your lifestyle.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by majkaveliI cannot stress this enough, homosexuality has been around as long as people have and is no one should really care about. All these distractions are taking away attention from the real issue and that is the cause of this artificial rift between people.

Thank you. Finally some logic here.

I think this is the issue being explored in this thread though, is the intolerance inspired by religions.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Actually all those issues are covered in the Media every day. Gay rights, etc., et al are part of that coverage. That you choose to assign undue importance to or focus on the various corners of the media that report on such things is your own doing and not the doing of the media itself.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986

Originally posted by majkaveliI cannot stress this enough, homosexuality has been around as long as people have and is no one should really care about. All these distractions are taking away attention from the real issue and that is the cause of this artificial rift between people.

Thank you. Finally some logic here.

I think this is the issue being explored in this thread though, is the intolerance inspired by religions.

"INTOLERANCE" is not peculiar to religion, but to man, as many non religious homosexuals are intolerant.

This is about entrance to an afterlife, and people get upset about this, what are they going to do, beat down the Pearly gates with demands for "human rights"

Bigger issues people

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

This is about entrance to an afterlife, and people get upset about this, what are they going to do, beat down the Pearly gates with demands for "human rights"

That was the funniest line I've read all week.

Thanks for the chuckle.

edit on 31-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Curious if anyone wasted their whole day debating this. What a waste of time and energy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
People still believe in the pearly gates, stupidity? Unreal. Good luck with that. Bunch of brainwashed turds.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

reply to post by eNaR

or what about

"my dad dresses up in S&M fetish gear in the middle of city centres under the auspices of "pride" "

They don't want us to point out things like that. They only want to point out how, through this video they are being victimized. No one else has a right to say that what they do at their parades may just be a "tiny weeny bit" over the top.

I say deal with it. If you don't like it, go to another county that doesn't tolerate opposition to the homosexual lifestyle. As strange as it seems, those countries do exist over in Europe somewhere.

We have to tolerate your gay pride parades and we do. By the same token, you must tolerate our right to say whatever the heck we want about your lifestyle.

Use CAPS..... It'll make your rant more meaningful !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Its nice to see free speech is still free speech as long as your saying something everyone agrees with.

You CANT!!! have free speech if you censor others because YOU don't like with there saying.

I dont agree with his parents teaching him that but I will defend there right to say it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

reply to post by eNaR

or what about

Use CAPS..... It'll make your rant more meaningful !

Such a well thought out response to the obvious inequity of tolerance displayed by the homosexual community here on this board today. Thanks for participating in the debate in such a stimulating way.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Ok I should've clarified but didn't for sake of brevity. To use an example which could be used as a model to describe any other topics that deal with injustice, corruption, etc. and don't get enough coverage: Yes, the media may cover what Ben Bernanke's latest statement was but the mainstream media will practically never question whether the Federal Reserve and fractional reserve banking, in and of itself, should be examined as possibly not being the proper way to handle our currency. They never address the root problems. It's always very superficial.

The gay rights debate is just one diversion amongst many to distract us while our freedoms are taken away and our pockets get picked.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
clear child abuse, those children should be removed from that home. When he becomes a teenager and gets his first boyfriend, his parents may beat him to death, we'll go ahead and stop them now before it's too late.

So we are taking peoples kids away and putting them in foster care because we dont share thier beliefs - is that where we are at now ?

You better climb down off that high horse my friend - the air must be pretty thin up there .

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Is this very sad and disturbing? Yes it is... especially since it involves an innocent child, but the bottom line is if you don't like it then don't go to that church. Those people have the right to say whatever they want to in that church. Besides, these people are only living up to the generalizations that liberal America has already placed on Christians and the religious right, so why is it that when they do live up to them people get so angry and outraged? Gay people already know that a good amount of Christians believe that being gay is an abomination to God and that gay people will burn in hell, so why is this so surprising? It's no different than public schools grouping kindergartners together to sing "Barack Hussein Obama... mmm..mmm.mmm" or any other branwashing, indoctrinating song, but I bet that those offended by this church had no problem with children being used to litteraly praise our President. This church situation is only another example of contrarian gays and atheists looking for a reason to bitch and moan in order to feel relevant and trendy. yawn... next story.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

And whether you agree with me or not about issues regrading tyranny and injustice not getting their due coverage, I still believe that all these gay issues are way overblown and shoved in our face. The amount of debate and coverage gay issues get is clearly disproportionate to their level of importance in the average Americans life. On a day to day basis most heterosexual Americans don't encounter gays or even give this stuff much thought. It's simply not important to most of us. A non-issue, as it should be.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

You see it as intolerance and hate... they see it as regurgitating God's word. I'm not defending what they said, because it is deplorable, but I will defend their right to say it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to say that they shouldn't protest about their rights etc. I think I was trying to write in the perspective of the close minded church goer. I tend to do that at times without really meaning to. My point is simply that when you are shoving your rights and opinions down the throats of one of the most established communities in the world. You have to expect some retaliation. Furthermore, religion in general teaches hate all while hiding under the guise of all forgiving and all loving.

The bible clearly states that male on male is wrong in fact it claims that god destroyed an entire city because of it. At the same time it says that followers and Christians should not judge anyone that its up to God to judge them.

On a side note (nowhere in the bible does it state that female on female is wrong)

The bible also clearly states that incest is wrong, but at the same time condones it in the story of Lott and his daughters. Furthermore it says that adultery is wrong while at the same time telling you to have as many wives as you want.

The bottom line is that Christians believe they are in the right and to expect them to just stand idly by and not retaliate with rhetoric etc is just insane. Of course you are going to have videos like this, and preachers like the idiot from my neck of the woods talking about electric fences. My argument is that if you can't take the retaliations then you have no right to impose your views on me or anyone else.

There are more stories of blacks and women being victimized and ridiculed when they fought for rights. Did they run away and cry about it? Did they run around telling everyone about what the dumb redneck KKK guy said? No they just kept going and ignored the rest. I guess my point is that you can't gripe about people not accepting you because that is just a unreasonable goal. You will never attain complete acceptance. Rights yes, but acceptance no.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join