It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The God I know doesn't care if you are purple with pink polka dots, He/She loves us ALL the same. No one color/sex/or sexual preference greater or lesser than the other. How can this world ever become a better place to live with this kind of "sickness"? I agree that we need to contact our pastors/leaders/community activists and call down this type of fear-mongering that is being taught to children. I am not gay, but most of my most loyal and truthful and smartest friends are. I would stand beside them in a heartbeat!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The OP is soooo wrong - kids naturally hate gay kids. I hated gay kids when I was old enough to know what a gay kid was, my parents never taught me. Children are unfiltered and often unrestrained emotion. Restraint and tolerance are not natural instincts they are leaned. People need to get off the people are not really thinking feeling emotional animals trip because we are, evolution or god doesn't matter that's naturally who we are.

But that's also the point of growing up, I don't hate gay kids any more though the prissy Richard Simmons type still doesn't sit well with me. That's there life I choose not to be around it even while supporting there right to be that way.
edit on 31-5-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Six6Six

I've always said that your rights begin where mine end.

A gay persons rights should not be infringed upon because someone else thinks they should all be killed in a concentration camp. Like Hitler did back in WWII.

This is just sad.

I was a little disapointed to see a room full of grownups cheering and applauding, but how is this harmful? One might argue that this child is being wired for hate, but the particular church in question seems to believe that homosexuals will not go to Heaven, and they teach their children the same. I will assume that not all gay people think it is okay to act out exhibitionism in the streets during a parade, but would you think that the exhibitionists' rights were being infringed because people disagreed with it? I hope that your statement is just a spontaneous blurb, and not an actual accusation!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
not much you can do about this, I mean, to do something about it you would have to believe in heaven, further, prove heaven exists in a court of law, I would love to see the "equality" and "anti hate" legislations be attempted in respect of heaven!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
and are people seriously using "human rights" in terms of what some people believe about entry to heaven.

Too funny

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
The OP is soooo wrong - kids naturally hate gay kids. I hated gay kids when I was old enough to know what a gay kid was, my parents never taught me. Children are unfiltered and often unrestrained emotion. Restraint and tolerance are not natural instincts they are leaned. People need to get off the people are not really thinking feeling emotional animals trip because we are, evolution or god doesn't matter that's naturally who we are.

But that's also the point of growing up, I don't hate gay kids any more though the prissy Richard Simmons type still doesn't sit well with me. That's there life I choose not to be around it even while supporting there right to be that way.
edit on 31-5-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

Just because your parents didn't teach you to hate gay kids, doesn't mean you didn't learn it somewhere. I know plenty of kids who naturally don't hate other kids for being gay or anything else.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smcneil01
The God I know doesn't care if you are purple with pink polka dots, He/She loves us ALL the same. No one color/sex/or sexual preference greater or lesser than the other. How can this world ever become a better place to live with this kind of "sickness"? I agree that we need to contact our pastors/leaders/community activists and call down this type of fear-mongering that is being taught to children. I am not gay, but most of my most loyal and truthful and smartest friends are. I would stand beside them in a heartbeat!

Here's the reality. That's not a "God" you know, that's your own love. Unless you believe in the idea of billions of different Gods, we can't all have our own "God" that we know. We have us. We have what's in our hearts, and it's called love.

I'm glad you have love in your heart for all.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

What I am saying is the intolerance of Homosexuals to even curb their lust for bath house adventures has resulted in more Christians dying of GRID/AIDS in the last half century than Homosexuals dying because of homophobic bigotry in America. Sheer numbers prove this out.

The CDC clearly says homosexuals are still the largest group affected by HIV and are the largest group still transmitting that dreadful disease.Those numbers don't lie either.

It's only through the tolerance and compassion of our society as a whole that we try to keep that dreaded disease at bay. We do this through research and education and I suspect a great number of those people dedicated to that cause are Christians. This tolerance and compassion or prevention is something almost totally lacking in the homosexual community because they are still the largest group spreading that dreadful disease.

Now, having said that and related to this topic, you pick out a video from some church and point to that as one of the reasons to abolish all religion on the planet. Homosexuals are some of the most intolerant people I observe on this earth.

You won't tolerate this video or the view point but you will tolerate simulated sex or outright sex at a gay pride parade. You will tolerate the rates at which homosexuals spread HIV but you won't tolerate someone who SAYS Homosexuals should die for their practice of infecting large numbers of Christians through a tainted blood supply early on with this epidemic. Some Homosexuals even did this on purpose. If it was up to you, you would remove our right to voice any opinion that fosters a debate on right and wrong where Homosexuals are concerned.

On the other hand, you would openly tolerate the right of every homosexual to do as he pleases, with how many he chooses to please and damn the consequences because we as a society including Christians will bear the brunt of the costs associated with finding a cure for that disease.

I actually laugh at your intolerance and how offended you really are about this video. Here's a clue, you blow its significance way out of proportion.

edit on 31-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB
reply to post by grey580

Who died an appointed a 4-year-old god? As a born-again Christian, it ain't up to me to say who's going where. This is NOT true Christian behavior. These are the kind of people who are causing true Christians so much trouble.

This is true. One of my best friends is Christian, and he, nor a ton of other ones, are anything like this. It really is only the crazies that everyone hears about.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is a stupid video and a cult like church.
My 2nd post on this.

We all have our say/veiws and opinions.

We all have mixed opinions,,but at times in our lives we can get a flat tire,and anyone who helps and aids you to help,give notice to them.

I was a tad iffy/ruff on my first one,but eveyone should think and not get mad on the replies here.

M

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is seriously why I don't bother taking christians seriously. They are so backwards in their own beliefs, they quote things from the bible as long as it suits their beliefs, and generally make people miserable. I notice that it's the born-again christians that take it far too seriously.

Now, I'm not saying all christians are like this, but when you've lived on the edge of the bible belt, you get pretty damned tired of hearing that you were going to die just because of who you liked.

It's funny that they even CARE what's going on in my bedroom. They have no business trying to 'save me from damnation'. But Thor forbid that you speak out against them. You're automatically 'religiously oppressing them' and such.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
at least this was in the privacy of a church with like minded people- some homosexuals like to parade around public spaces in city centres, on "PRIDE" days, in full sexual S&M fetish gear- I find that more repulsive than some kid singing about an afterlife

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The one thing that bothers me about this whole discussion is the extreme sides everyone seems to take. The bottom line is, why care what sexual orientation someone chose?

If gay people are going to hell, what about bi people? I cannot stress this enough, homosexuality has been around as long as people have and is no one should really care about. All these distractions are taking away attention from the real issue and that is the cause of this artificial rift between people.

I sometimes wonder if at one point humanity does come together and they run out of ideas on how to divide us, if they will attempt a division between the sexes...oh wait they already did that...

Take a minute and think about it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! All we hear is gay rights this, gives us new laws etc.....

10 stars for this vid!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

Sad commentary you make! You should change the picture you use as an avatar to one where the little girl is holding up a drawing saying "my dad hates homos"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
at least this was in the privacy of a church with like minded people- some homosexuals like to parade around public spaces in city centres, on "PRIDE" days, in full sexual S&M fetish gear- I find that more repulsive than some kid singing about an afterlife

Unfortunately this is not always the case.

Sad.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

or what about

"my dad dresses up in S&M fetish gear in the middle of city centres under the auspices of "pride" "

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Not always, but specifically this video which we are talking about is- don't get me wrong, those people from the Westbro Church are extreme and not exactly to be admired, I just can't get upset about a kid singing this in church

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I for one am so sick of the non-issue of gays, gay rights, etc. being covered by the media and talked about in threads like these. Regarding the video itself, learned bigotry has been around for quite some time and it's not going anywhere anytime soon so we might as well get used to it. As long as they're not physically hurting anyone, they're free to believe whatever they want. Heaven doesn't exist anyways so it's a moot point.

There are so many other issues of corruption and injustice (government tyranny and corruption, the military industrial complex, the federal reserve, drones, increased internet censorship, the list goes on) that are vastly more important than this that it's absurd to me that gay issues get SO MUCH media coverage. Gays in the military, Defense of Marriage Act, this state said gays can marry, California's ongoing back and forth about gay rights, etc...ENOUGH!!!

It's all a distraction..A smokescreen to block the real issues!! Whether it's Trayvon Martin, gay whatever, sports coverage, celebrity nonsense, or whatever other sensationalist garbage for the public school indoctrinated masses to absorb, it's all there as a diversion from the issues that really matter. Slowly the tides are turning, I hope but too many people are still way to involved in unimportant issues that only serve to divide us and distract us.

To most Americans this is a complete non-issue but the leftist media which is catering to this vocal minority loves to shove this disgusting behavior in our faces time and time again. I open up a newspaper or google news to find NEWS!, not two dudes kissing in the latest celebration of political theater that will probably be overturned sooner or later, back and forth, the distraction continues.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, let it be said again, no one should be lumping all Christians together..but I have to say that, again and again, I see some Christians doing the most hateful things, and this is just one more particularly nasty example. I would hope that, at some point, good Christians would get together and combat this kind of thing. Really disgusting video. And the cheering..*shiver

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Well, let it be said again, no one should be lumping all Christians together..but I have to say that, again and again, I see some Christians doing the most hateful things, and this is just one more particularly nasty example. I would hope that, at some point, good Christians would get together and combat this kind of thing. Really disgusting video. And the cheering..*shiver

relax, it is about belief in an afterlife- if it is any consolation, they would say I (a heterosexual) will not enter heaven.

As others have said, this is not important, not in any real shape or form

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join