It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by grey580

I'm calling for the end of ALL religions. Every divisive false religion on the planet. They are more destructive than any drug on the planet.

That was obscene bordering on hatred anyone can' easily find "hate speech" in anything.

Hence the right to protect free speech while some find things offensive others will not what it boils down to is personal liberty.

People are free to agree with it and people are free not to.
edit on 31-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I dont' agree with with that post.
Though many religions call other religions false religions.
You are free to believe whatever you want.
As long as you don't take away my rights.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Time to see religion as the spreader of hate and end it forever. Even a devout Christian should be able to see the Church is more the devil's work... Remember the devil is a tricksie hobbit. What perfect deception: Take Jesus, wrap his teachings in a book of lies and hate, then collect followers who believe in the exact opposite of everything he preached, while using his name.

I say, save love, burn the rest. Even Jesus at this point is so polluted that you have to just toss him out with the trash. He's like a good guy who's been infected with a contagious viral poison, and we just have to throw him away too. Sorry, Jesus, they not only beat you and crucified you, they turned your legacy to trash.

Well you see SZ, I came to the conclusion that immediately after the transfiguration and ascension of Christ, the anti Christ has been in control.

That's just my opinion.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Isn't it nice that some of you think you have the right to tell others how they should think and feel? Bunch of hypocritical individuals. I bet some of you think it is ok when a homosexual makes a joke about a heterosexual but not the reversal.

Now do I agree with it what happened - No, but they have every right to say it.

Actually my heterosexual friends tease me all the time about being gay. I don't care. Why should I? I don't preach to them how to live their life either.

I did get offended when a friend of mine repeatedly told me to stop being gay and be straight and that there are places to go that can fix me. That was very offensive to me.

People like these people in the video are the ones who spread misinformation, lies and intolerance like that. It is and has been proven to be impossible to "not be gay anymore". Even the doctor who claimed to have "cured" the gay, came out and finally said that it was not true.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I'm calling for the end of ALL religions. Every divisive false religion on the planet. They are more destructive than any drug on the planet.

What you don't understand is that religion is not the problem. It is not accurate to say that atheists are not capable of hatred. They are.

The problem exists within human behaviour. Religious affiliation is completely irrelevant.

Show me the atheist wars that can come even close to the institution of religion.

Religion believed in slavery, until it was proven wrong. Religion believes in the oppression of women, which is still being proven wrong.

However, atheism is nearly the same as any religion in that it has a strong belief system-- and if it wants to erect buildings of worship and say it is the absolute truth, I call an end to it too.

It's a great mystery, accept it. Love each other. Done and done!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I am a believer in synchronicity

I always thought the majority of gays were born that way, last night I saw two gay twins, now what is the chances of both of them being gay?

That did it for me I really believe this is true.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

What you don't understand is that religion is not the problem. It is not accurate to say that atheists are not capable of hatred. They are.

The problem exists within human behaviour. Religious affiliation is completely irrelevant.

That depends on your point of view. I am sure people said the same thing during the Spanish inquisition. Religion is the source of a lot of misinformation and intolerance because it preaches as much.

I wouldn't sanctify the outlawing of religion but I would like to educate people enough that they can see through it and not get captured.

IMHO, religion is a selfish pursuit. All things are done with the hope of putting yourself on the right side with God and getting into heaven or to become one with everything or to save yourself from the glactic lord Xenu. People will willingly ditch their families and friends and ostracize others who refute their beliefs in the pursuit of Heaven.

I think that there are much better ways that humanity could expend its abilities than the selfish pursuit of righteousness. Such as in the arts and sciences.

That is solely my opinion and whether or not you agree is besides the point.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Show me the atheist wars that can come even close to the institution of religion.

For starters, I'm sick of this argument being used. As a second point, there hasn't been a single genocidal Marxist leader who wasn't an atheist. Atheism is a key element of Marxism; he refers to theism as "the opiate of the masses."

As another point, if you think atheists are incapable of any form of aggression whatsoever, then you really need to go to YouTube, watch some footage of TheAmazingAtheist, Pat Condell, or Richard Dawkins, and educate yourself. Dawkins in particular is one of the most consistently hateful individuals I think I've ever heard of.

This is part of the issue, though. An atheist can be verbally abusive, or use all kinds of gutter rhetorical tactics in forums like these, in order to silence someone they disagree with, and yet because they don't actually physically kill someone, they claim to be entirely innocent.

It's garbage, and as mentioned, I'm fed up with it. You are not innocent, so stop lying to yourselves and everyone else that you are.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow, they have a small child singing about - what they believe to be - sexual immorality. If they believe in their own bibles, how do they know that NO gay people will go to heaven? Isn't that judgement? Doesn't everyone commit sexual 'sins', such as having sex without the intention of having a baby, which would be lust? The same exact thing that they say gay people should go to hell for...?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I say believe whatever you want, just accept it is a belief. A total faith based guess.

But, if you're going to support an institution that claims its dogma is the only way, then that's to support an institution of division.

The God question is a mystery that nobody knows. Love each other. That's it. That's enlightenment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know it is true because I find sex with women repulsive. Not that females are repulsive, just the idea and act of having sex with a woman is as repulsive to me as it would be to a heterosexual man trying to have sex with a man.

Hard to understand? Go figure. I used to find it as difficult to understand the reversed roles except when I realized how I feel about performing sex acts with women and then I understood that is how a straight man must feel about men.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

IMHO, religion is a selfish pursuit.

And the ultimate selfish religion is that of secular humanism, the religion of no God, the religion of moral relativity. It is after all, a faith, a belief, as even Dewey, a signer of the humanist manifesto stated.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! All we hear is gay rights this, gives us new laws etc.....

10 stars for this vid!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

I actually tend to agree with these sentiments. I have always found it funny how people cannot take what they dish out. I mean gay rights are quite literally being shoved down our throats on a daily basis, but yet when someone retorts its all about discrimination and hate. In my town the mayor was literally threatened by the Gay community with a nice veiled threat of "Before you make your decision you should know that we work in your favorite restaurants, favorite grocery stores, and all the places you like to go." I mean really? So it's not ok for us to have individual feelings about another person's beliefs or preferences, but it's ok for them to say we have to accept their choices?

Now before the bashers come along. I am in no way saying I support or don't support gay rights. Quite honestly I could care less if they have the right to marriage or not. I just think that everyone has their right to their own opinion and in this country you can't just decide its ok if I do it but not if others do it. Example Wiccan's are always talking about their religious rights being infringed upon by Christianity, but they surely make every effort to infrige upon Christianity too.

The point that I am trying to get across is this. If you are gay and don't like straight people or Christians great mroe power to you. If you are Christian and you don't like gays or lesbians great more power to you as well. If you are vegan and don't like meat eaters wonderful. If you are a racist and hate other races go with it if that's what you want.

If you hate anyone for any reason that is your absolute right and I for one support you in that right. If you hate me so be it. The bottom line is that it doesn't bother me nor should it bother anyone else just because someone doesn't like them for who they are.

The end game scenario is that your rights are yours and eventually you wll be able to get married just like anyone else. Eventually the anti-gay marriage people will lose and your rights will be given. Sometimes things take awhile, but they will happen. If you are seeking acceptance by everyone then give it up because that will never happen. The sooner you accept that the better off your life will be. Stop worrying over the petty crap and focus on your rights instead.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

*shakes head*

What you just posted is far worse than what the 4 year old said.

I think its clear who the real "haters " are.

Don't shake it to much it would appear you may already have a screw loose. If wishing the same fate upon people that they undoubtedly teaching ( brainwash) a 4 year old child to believe a group of people are destined to makes me a hater then I will gladly run out to hater r us stock up on the hateraide and join the mailing list.

This kid is to young to even comprehend what he is saying. So not only are they spreading hatred it's blind hatred this kid doesnt even know why people are cheering him. What kind of social impact do you think that's going to make on him as a young adult?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Gay rights being shoved down our throats? Really?

Is that like when "freeing slaves" was being shoved down our throats?

When giving women the right to vote was being shoved down our throats?

What exactly is that awful thing being shoved down our throats? Is it tolerance? Is it equality?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you. In fact, nearly all ex-gay leaders have left as gay - FACT.

If God didn't want people to be gay, he would of found a way by now.

Rather instead he is proving their understanding to be wrong, and returning them to where they should be, gay. These people are some of the most humble Christians I know, that never so much as scream from the rooftops that they are right. Because they know better, and have truly sought his face.

What God does not stand for is prostitution and those that use prostitutes, because at the core of this is money. Those that come out of this rarely ever return, and are glad to be free of it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

My point was that those who practice religion do not perform acts of kindness for the sake of being kind, but rather in the hopes that God will look on them and take notice. People with no belief and God find it much easier to perform acts of kindness for the sake of being kind with no hope of reward or return on their investment.

Granted within the human condition it is impossible to find yourself not being selfish. Everyone wants to improve their own life and enjoyment of life. There is nothing wrong with that, unless you're religious and then it becomes greed, sloth, envy, pride, lust and gluttony.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Hi Phantom,

Actually the issue here is that people need to be educated out of hating others for their way of life and videos like the one above do that mission a disservice.

How would you prefer homosexuals, or any group for that matter go about procuring their indivudal rights? By sitting quietly in a corner not discussing their way of life above a whisper? Things just don't happen that way. In order to make something happen you have to be out in public and speaking about it, otherwise the issue comes to light.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Who died an appointed a 4-year-old god? As a born-again Christian, it ain't up to me to say who's going where. This is NOT true Christian behavior. These are the kind of people who are causing true Christians so much trouble.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Gay rights being shoved down our throats? Really?

Is that like when "freeing slaves" was being shoved down our throats?

When giving women the right to vote was being shoved down our throats?

What exactly is that awful thing being shoved down our throats? Is it tolerance? Is it equality?

Clearly you missed the point of my post i.e. does it matter what I think? It shouldn't? Do I hate gays? nope not one bit. Do I think it's right for them to make threats to someone for their personal beliefs? No I do not.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't think you have to outlaw religion, just condition the population to see it on par with racism, or mental abuse, like an addictive spiritually damaging drug that steals a person's natural connection to everyone and replaces it with something false and divisive.

Mass education could go a long way to ending religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join