It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't know if the majority of Christians think like this

In my opinion then they may call themselves Christians just like a wolf can don a sheep skin and call himself a sheep but he's still a wolf.

A real Christian follows what is quoted below.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
(Joh 13:34-35 KJV) - Jesus (Yahushua)

What that group practiced was not love it was showing and applauding a young boy for showing hatred.

They may call themselves Christians, but they are not of Christ Mind...............the furthest thing from it.

Yahushua preached love not hate.

www.eliyah.com...

And Yahushua (Jesus) never mentioned homosexuality. www.helium.com...

All one should worry about is making sure they themselves are doing what is right and leave someone else's private sexuality private and worry about themselves.

I wonder how many people applauding that boy committed adultery that week, lied, cheated, stole, or lusted after a centerfold while being with their wife?

Humanity is changing over.

I've watched in just 50 short decades people changing and it's scary.

Technologically we are progressing but spiritually we are regressing and that is a dangerous combination.

Peace be onto you all and safe journey.

edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
0:23..... its pretty clear that the guy leading the "church" is in it for kicks and laughs.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It is this very same mentality that flew aircraft into the world trade centre. I would argue that every individual involved should be tried for child abuse ,

As christianity slowly dies a miserable death, it would appear that these vile ignorant people are becoming more violent, if they can demonstrate such loathsome hatred for one group of people then all other types mentioned in the bibles should treat christians with a deep sense of mistrust and as the enemies of reason..

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Someday that little boy will grow up and discover lesbians....
...a new song will be sung.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Why, that is the point of some scriptures. There will be hell to pay, even in the flock. Pretty straightforward. The saddest part? Hell was paid 2000ish years ago.

Originally posted by gentledissident
1st it should be proven that there is a heaven and that anyone goes to it in some form. The burden of proof is not on me. You should expect me to prove that there is an invisible purple dragon who watches over all of us, if that is what I claim. If you don't expect proof, then his name is Fred. Be nice to him, or he'll burn you.
That's not the first step. First step is proving to people that spirits live outside the body's control. I can get the name of a 600+ $600+ book on a brain study for this specific purpose, if you're that interested.
(I know OF it, I just keep forgetting the name.) But if you cannot prove that souls exist, then having these non-existing souls go to a "proven heaven or hell" is a moot point.

reply to post by Nightchild

Yet pretty much the same could be stated of Alcoholics--and there's a lot less overt drama about whether or not they need to change their behavior--to the point where many Alcoholics tell you that they need to change. While the difference between the two can be boiled down to exactly who is being "hurt/influenced" by the behavior, the fact that other lifestyles that can be traced from genetics, yet we expect them to do better, deflates this argument a bit. Doesn't matter what you apply it to: we are not Fido, and with time, we can overcome our natural behaviors...but we have to want it. Many don't.

reply to post by gentledissident

Wow, what a deflection. Not a matter of calling you out, just rather masterfully done.

But don't worry: she won't have to be taught to do "bad" (sometimes "evil" is a mater of semantics, lol):

It's called Moral Licensing. When you have done something you deem to be good, you indulge in bad, and will do things to rationalize it away. It's not just you, or me, even. It's another human wiring problem:

Here:

This article investigates the effect of others' prior nonprejudiced behavior on an individual's subsequent behavior. Five studies supported the hypothesis that people are more willing to express prejudiced attitudes when their group members' past behavior has established nonprejudiced credentials.

Here:

We are more willing to do bad if we have recently done good. We also think we get more excuses to do bad if our group is good:

So, we're wired to do bad things after being so good, have maybe even rationalized that we aren't doing bad at all. Looking at this, that explains about half the arguments that this site has. People don't hold themselves in check because they've done good, somewhere, beforehand--and will continue to do good after they leave.

By the way, if you are sure you're not doing "bad" by your own standard (how you measure your own "enemy" for their failures), AND if you want to be a better person (everyone, no matter faith or not should be striving for this), AND you've never heard of this before, it's time to start digging through your motives. That's a lot of "if"s and "co-conditions"--and not like I know if you meet them all.

reply to post by Danbones

1. Assuming that homosexuality was the only problem is not taking all the written documentation in the Bible into account.
2. Assuming that a natural disaster could not be controlled by a Creator God is funny. Just as funny as assuming ALL natural disasters are met out due to Godly condemnation.

reply to post by grey580

From watching families that dogmatic in the congregation I grew up in? Roughly about a 50-50 chance. And I'm talking about a group that has nowhere near the level of issues as the one in the video.

reply to post by gentledissident

Please tell me you are pro-gun, and that his point did not skewer you.

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

The point is that WE ARE NOT the same group. Athey have to do is decide that my Christianity is NOT theirs, and I'm thereby an OUTSIDER. I will not be able to do one meaningful thing in their congregation to fix this. All I can do is denounce it as evil.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I never hidden my feelings towards gay marriage or towards the gay agenda.

I think the VIDEO is hilarious and its within their right within their CHURCH to do this. Might not be the most proud way to go about parenting but then again they have values like sex AFTER marriage unlike the gay community who seem to like to play pass the aids virus as quick as you can cos we have zero morals!!

Nice gun, im surprised your buck 40 bodyweight can carry it. Try eating a meal and getting down the gym and maybe you wouldn't need that gun to look sooooooooo coooool!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PunkNerd5

I really don't get it why anyone still believes in a hatefull sadistic murderer old "man", all religion is teaching (especially Christianity and Islam) is to hate the different.

Anyone who is able to look at this objectively, would could see, that no power that great, would ever hate its owns creations.

The modern religions, are tools made to fool us all into a deep sleep, while TPB are quitly taking over the world, while we, the people, keep on fighting against each other, over small things like ones sexuality.

The real energy here, are the energy of love and hate - hate is sooo easy to do, and sooo corrupting, while love takes knowledge, understanding, respect and much more.

Research the flower of life, the 4th dimension and our ancient civilizations like the Sumerian, Aztec and Mayan. They did know the truth, and so will we one day.

One love...

Michael out
edit on 31-5-2012 by mc4denmark because: Changed the Hi to I

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
Someday that little boy will grow up and discover lesbians....
...a new song will be sung.

Hahahahaha yes sir he will!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Six6Six

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!!

Tasteful.

This is how religious indoctrination works. Get 'em while they're young and fill their heads with hate.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG.......you wanna talk about indoctrination.....don't you people in the STATES send your kids to school and they have to repeat that joke of a saying the Pledge of Allegiance (they are forced to) basically pledging to support the killing of innocent people and follow a corrupt government even when they take all your freedoms??????

Think before engaging mouth!
edit on 31-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So, sometime back, I made a thread on how a study conducted by a religious organization reported that the youth of today see the church as anti-homosexual.
Then came 30 pages of denial, demanding that its untrue, all sorts of pretend outrage at how this wasn't true, that its a small segment that thinks this.

Where is the christian retort to this? Where is the demonstrations of tolerance and non-judgement?
Absent..thats where it is.

And they wonder why the church is dying..when this guy gets the unchallenged spotlight and full support..meanwhile christians that oppose this thinking are quiet, or put only the slightest opposition while really just wanting to ignore this.

The study was correct, the perception is as this video demonstrates. The religion has been hijacked (probably for the past 1500 years or more).

Judge the tree by the fruit it bears. I judge this religion false and destructive. (not the lessons and life of christ..that guy was pretty cool...and the average christian wanting to do good to others without being the arbitrator for gods judgement and wrath are good people also...but the religion itself..the institution..the organization of hate and judgement it has devolved into (or not yet evolved from) is something best dismissed from public by rational and tolerant people. I feel bad for this mental child abuse demonstrated here that would push a child into a hateful person..rotten fruit infecting more rotten fruit)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Care to say what utopian land your hailing from?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
These are just pseudo-Christians, like Westboro Baptist Church. Hate is one of sins, God doesn't hate anyone and he doesn't want to.

I'm Lutheran myself and I believe that only way to Heaven is through Christ himself, your deeds don't matter. I believe Catholic church is wrong about some things, as they worship all kinds of saints and other stuff.

There is a difference between recognizing a well known saint such as St Catherine of Siena, who wrote "The Dialogues" and "worshiping" them. Also, St. John of the Cross wrote an important tract entitled, "The Dark Night". It is really too bad so many have never read these things and never even heard of them. So they can sit around and lecture people about worship and so on, and yet know very little about the people in former times who were canonized for their great adherence to the faith.

And then did you have a problem with giving deference to Mary, the Mother of Jesus? Have you never walked into a bookstore at a Catholic Church and found the most marvelous statues and pictures? It's one of my favorite things to do.
Archangel Michael, the DEFENDER of the FAITH... do you have a problem with people who give the cadence given to us by a former Pope?

What is wrong with calling on Archangel Michael to defend us in ARMAGEDDON? I wish more people would get it.

Is it tunnel vision or something to be so hyperfocused on Jesus that we lose our balance?

So, what was all the other stuff you think Catholics worship? The Trinity? The Crosss, symbols? Cherubs, Archangels? Interesting that Freemasons also have a great many symbols, including the one on your one dollar bill, the eye in the capstone, representing The Great Architect(just another word for God without the connotation but it means the same thing-it means He who created the Universe, but they used the word architect because there were, well, Masons)
edit on 31-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If the people in that church think it's all right than it's all right with me. I don't go to that church and if everyone in that church feels the same it is their right. Everyone in this country has the right to their opinion, we can't give gay people more rights than straight people either. Most churches say others are going to hell for one reason or another if it doesn't fit how they perceive things.

So are we going to tell the churches now that they have to say that everyone will get into heaven no matter how bad you are? I don't think atheists will be going to heaven either but they aren't complaining about it. I doubt if I will make it into those pearly gates and I don't care if the church members sing a song about it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Screwed

I never hidden my feelings towards gay marriage or towards the gay agenda.

I think the VIDEO is hilarious and its within their right within their CHURCH to do this. Might not be the most proud way to go about parenting but then again they have values like sex AFTER marriage unlike the gay community who seem to like to play pass the aids virus as quick as you can cos we have zero morals!!

Nice gun, im surprised your buck 40 bodyweight can carry it. Try eating a meal and getting down the gym and maybe you wouldn't need that gun to look sooooooooo coooool!!!

You have some twisted views, my friend... If you find that video hilarious, I honestly feel sorry for you.... If anything, I feel bad for that poor 4 year old kid who is promoting hate and being cheered on by adults... Kids dont know any better, so I feel its kinda sh*tty to have these adults putting these hateful thoughts into their little minds...

Sadly people like you always remind me of those quacks who are apart of the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas.... It's 2012, try and catch up with the times...

And if you've never hidden your views about gays, will you do us all a favor and share them on here one more time... I may have missed your earlier statement about gays in the community...
edit on 31-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
But if you cannot prove that souls exist, then having these non-existing souls go to a "proven heaven or hell" is a moot point.

Dead on.
The discussions, which have in the past lead to murdering other people, is based around what color the straw should be that feeds the unicorn based on its preferences..

The discussion should be on...can we prove this unicorn even exists? Once we establish that as absolute fact, then we can move on to if the unicorn even likes straw..then start debating on the color, consistency, etc

To suggest a person knows what brings you to heaven, you have to believe by default:
spirits, deities, afterlife outside of physical reality, angels, demons, eternal beings, tortured existances eternal, a future seeing god and devil, free will that also has no freedom (paradox), heaven, heaven as a desirable place for your eternal soul, eternity of existance.

That is a lot of belief, none of which even given evidence, much less proof...all hypothesis and subjective accounts that are easily misunderstood, lied about, or dreamed up.

Ya...prove first a soul (not even a ghost...a ghost could be anything..but prove in a existence outside of the human body...personally I suspect there is, but there is no proof, therefore its all speculation based on subjective experiences)..then once that is irrifutably proven, then its time to move to the next step (aka, heirachy of souls /angels/demons would be my guess)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The 4 year old little girl is right. Homosexuals will not go to heaven. It is written even in the OT and NT both homosexuals will not go to heaven. God is the same today, as he was at the beginning of Creation. Homosexuality was an abomination to him in Moses' day, it is still an abomination to him now, he is unchanging. However, Capernaum will have it worse off than Sodom and Gomorah, but both will still recieve the judgement.

Romans 1:22-27

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

The good news is, if gay people put away their homosexuality, they can be redeemed. If not? Left line please, next!

Now, bring all your wicked comments to me so i can ignore them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You know what, as a jaded atheist, I think I've got the right to hate Christians. And I will gleefully indulge this right as long as Christians are allowed to preach hate under the guise of "free speech." As soon as they stop ranting against everything that isn't considered acceptable by their 2000-year-old sleeping draught of a holy book, I'll accept them. Until then, I'll exercise my right to free speech just as much as they do.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Can only say one thing, I feel sorry that you are so filled with hatred, that you cant see the obvious truth

link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So are we going to tell the churches now that they have to say that everyone will get into heaven no matter how bad you are?

No...we are going to put flashlights on it...loudspeakers in front of them.
We are not wanting to shut them up...we are wanting to put them on stage and let the world see what this religion is all about.

I don't think atheists will be going to heaven either but they aren't complaining about it. I doubt if I will make it into those pearly gates and I don't care if the church members sing a song about it.

I think a deity would probably rather spend an eternity with well spoken and thoughtful atheists than some of his fanatics whom are about as sharp as a marble.

just my thoughts on the matter if I was a deity...my diehard followers would annoy me.

link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It's funny that you believe a fictional story..... Religous people (like you) scare me....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join