It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by LiberLegit

Apathy..........I don't care.

That is another reason next to hate why our world is in the mess it's in.

You don't care, you won't care until that hatred is eventually turned towards your race, religion, body shape, sex, size, hair or eye color.

You don't care because you do not see that hate along with apathy are destroying our species and our planet.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

The two biggest problems we face today are ignorance and apathy. People don't know (ignorance) and they don't care (apathy)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Oh please, most of your kind is just looking for anything to fight about.
Mostly ALL religion has been against Homo for years on end, AND some of them are much crueler than Christianity. Most of whats being practiced on the USA is a compromised version of it. Like 'Islam' for example.

Your fight is focused on one of the lowest populated religions in the world relative to some other ones. If you actually got a pie chart of the most popular religion in the world, you'd be surprised.

And why tell us to practice what we preach when you guys won't even fight for our right to believe? Please.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

What is the difference between the "hate" that she was taught, and the "hate" that you were taught?

Exactly, it is a vicious cycle.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Never seen anything like this in my life, EVER in the church, and I have been to many,

Everyone is losing their minds.

Yes and I never thought I would ever find out that the real reason the US allow Israel to do with they like is because of you biblical loonies being afraid of Gods Smiting the enemies of Israel, I discovered this with my trolling months back, seriously WTF

Excuse me?

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say, but I have spent enough years on this forum and have witnessed some brutal comments aimed at Christians, Jews and Muslims alike.
edit on 013131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wonder how many of those dicks in suits were actually gay themselves.

I see this as one of the main issues, actually.

I've met a few people who bashed on gay folks, only for them to turn out to be gay themselves.

It's a kind of externalization ones own perceived faults. The conundrum is that being gay is not a fault at all. Society pounded it into that poor guy when he was just a kid, that loving men was wrong and weak.

Well it's not, it's just a preference. In fact --- Feminine/Masculine actually do not have much to do with Sexual Preference.

I know some gay dudes that could wipe the floor with those pricks in that church - AND - be a better father/example to that little kid.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You are correct, Evansayz, people can teach their children as they see fit, it is their right. Nevertheless, I feel sorry for them, and their blinkered view of the world, people like these " Christians " have probably got a lot of other Issues, quite apart from homophobia, which limit their quality of life.
Their thinking is fixed and limited by their prejudices. They see everything in black and white, clear cut, with no grey areas...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I don't know if the majority of Christians think like this, I sure don't I am not sure what is going on in the church because I haven't gone in years, but I wasn't taught to hate when I did go, and I am very open minded.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
That is about the worst thing I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. What are these idiots thinking here? Christians of ATS, gonna just sit there and let this BS happen? You say your God is a loving god, and all I see here is hate. Get your church to contact these minions and stop brainwashing little kids! Don't you KNOW when you teach little kid to HATE, he or she grows up and hates even more? Gay soldiers fought and died so these kids have the freedom to even go to church, this is how they are repaid?

Being a Christian, seeing this kind of behavior sickens me.
Our GOD is a loving GOD he loves ALL people, ALL people of all races, creeds and sexual orientations
Its not the People that we don't like it's the act. The act of homosexuality is something that i don't agree with but I DO NOT approve of the way they cheered in this church about this situation and teaching your kids to HATE homosexuals is wrong.

I personally don't agree with the act of homosexuality but this hatred shown and taught in this church is wrong.
GOD is totally against this type of hatred (westboro baptist comes to mind, what they do is wrong)

I also appreciate the refrain from calling these type of people Christians, Being a Christian is following Jesus and spreading his message and love and I know Jesus would not have said or promoted this kind of "Hate", you can label it as that. A Christian is someone who is Christ like and frankly people like this are "Religious" rather than Christian..

Frankly most Christians i know agree with what I've said about hating the act and not the people because man.. so much to it...
I Mean we all know that Homosexuality is a Sin and they will not go to heaven, to be blunt, but showing hatred and acting like this is NO way to save them

Been studying homosexuality recently with my friends and it's really interesting the way it works...
edit on 10/19/2011 by Strength because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank you OP this is the best thing I have seen all year, really warms my heart to see people fighting back against evil, helping children keep on the straight and narrow.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
These are just pseudo-Christians, like Westboro Baptist Church. Hate is one of sins, God doesn't hate anyone and he doesn't want to.

I'm Lutheran myself and I believe that only way to Heaven is through Christ himself, your deeds don't matter. I believe Catholic church is wrong about some things, as they worship all kinds of saints and other stuff.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Behaviour such as displayed in the video is NOT Christian, and is NOT representative of the true church of Christ.

Christians from all denominations should be appalled at this. I know I am.

Maybe you should have put something in the OP about how you'd imagine no true Christian could behave like this? Otherwise it seems that you've formed an opinion about all Christians on the basis of a few twisted groups scattered about.

In fact, I've seen a few threads like this in recent weeks, and it gets to the stage where the overriding message coming through to the subconscious of the reading public will be that Christians are homophobic. We are not, and I want to make it clear that we are not.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Riiiiiggght... I guess being gay is now a disease a birth defect. Lets blame the parents. Or we could blame our creator for doing that to us before we was born.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I found this video HI LARIOUS!!!
Well, cnsidering these same folks who attend this church as well as many others across the US will say that just because someone lives in Iran, is a religious fanatic.

Kettle>pot>Etc.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thats the old good ol` boys club right there

U guys be careful when your down south. Thats were its the worst

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have recently found some really good reading material on this subject that I would like to share, please give it a read and don't just read a bit and start raging, it's really fascinating!!

Question: "Can a person be born gay?" Answer: In 1996, The Advocate, a gay and lesbian magazine, asked readers what they believed the potential impact would be to the advancement of gay and lesbian rights if a scientific discovery is made that proves a biological basis for homosexuality. About 61 percent of the magazine readers asserted that such scientific research would advance the cause of gays and lesbians and lead to more positive attitudes toward homosexuality. For example, if one can be born gay, much like being born with blonde hair or brown eyes, then a fair society could not possibly condemn such an individual as being unnatural or immoral. To that end, gay activists and the liberal media have actively encouraged and pushed the idea that homosexuality is inherited and unchangeable, and researchers have diligently sought the scientific evidence to back up that claim. Unfortunately for the pro-homosexuality movement, the vast research on this subject has failed to establish any scientific evidence that shows a purely genetic basis for homosexuality. The controversy began with the work of Simon LeVay, M.D. in 1991, when he noted differences in the brains of 41 cadavers between homosexual versus heterosexual males. The hypothalamus, an area that is believed to regulate sexual activity, was smaller in homosexual males than heterosexuals. Although Dr. LeVay believed the brain differences proved the biological basis for homosexuality, he failed to consider a variety of reasons, other than genetic, that the brains were different. First, all 19 of the homosexual cadavers had died of AIDS, a disease known to affect the neurological system. Second, scientists who have studied the biochemistry of brains know that the way a person thinks affects the way his brain functions, specifically the neurochemicals released in the brain and the way certain pathways grow and change. Could the structural brain differences have started with the differences in thoughts between homosexuals and heterosexuals, not with genetics? Third, there is no proof that the hypothalamus size had any association with homosexuality, either as a cause for it or a result of it. In 1993, Dean Hamer made the astounding claim in his research that there may be a gene for homosexuality. His team of researchers began a series of gene linkage studies, in which families with several homosexuals underwent genetic analysis to determine if any chromosomal variants could be found in the family and if the variant correlated with those individuals who displayed the homosexuality. Although Hamer's study sample was very small, he found a significant linkage between gays and a marker on the maternal X chromosome, Xq28. Additional studies with larger sample sizes had conflicting results in the linkage to Xq28. Additional proposed linkages have been reported for 7q36, 10q26, and 8p12. Thus far, these linkages have been hypothesized but not validated. Do these genetic linkages mean that homosexuality is an inherited trait? This information suggests that there are heritable characteristics that may be common among homosexuals. Associated characteristics do not necessarily mean that there is a causal link. To illustrate this point, if one conducted a genetic study among professional athletes, it would probably be determined that a significant percentage of these stars shared certain genetic sequences. One might erroneously conclude that these genetic sequences mean that engaging in professional sports is a heritable trait. However, a closer look reveals that the sequences code for increased athletic ability, speed, agility and strength. People who have these traits may naturally gravitate to or be encouraged toward playing professional sports. Although athletes share these traits in common, being a professional athlete itself is not heritable. The environment in which an individual grows up and the choices that he makes influence the ultimate career path. Research indicates that there are some statistically significant physiologic differences between homosexual individuals and heterosexual individuals. For example, homosexuals are more likely to be either ambidextrous or left-handed. Homosexuals also emit different underarm odors than heterosexuals. Gay males more commonly have counterclockwise hair whirls and increased ridge density in the fingerprints on the left pinkies and thumbs. The gene linkages could code for any of these findings. A significant point to note is that the variance in Xq28 that has been linked to homosexuality can occur in heterosexuals and may not occur in some homosexuals. Hamer, himself, in an interview in Scientific American, when asked about a sole biologic root for homosexuality, stated, "From twin studies, we already know that half or more of the variability in sexual orientation is not inherited." There are many scientists, psychologists, and researchers who cite environmental factors as major contributors to homosexual feelings. They strongly believe that in the first few years of life, negative early childhood experiences in an unloving or non-supportive home environment are a critical part of this process. Common elements seem to be an emotionally withdrawn or physically absent father and an overbearing, fawning or over-protective mother. In many cases, there may be reports of physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Disruption of gender identification may contribute to the development toward homosexuality. This process begins between ages two and four. During this phase, children move from their primary connection with the mother to seek out deeper attachments with the parent of the same gender. For males, the relationship between a boy and his father is the primary means of developing a secure gender identity. As a father and son share time together, the father expresses his value and interest in the son, and gives to the son a sense of masculinity. The boy begins to develop a sense of his own gender by understanding himself in relation to his father. Conversely, a mother who is distant, abusive, or physically absent or a mother who is viewed by the daughter as being too weak (such as when the mother is abused by males) may disrupt the identification of the daughter with being feminine. Peer attachments with same-sex friends also play a role in developing gender identity. Eventually, after years of interaction and bonding with same-sex peers, children enter puberty and begin to pay attention to the opposite sex. When this natural process is disrupted, it feels very natural for a child to love and crave the attention of the same-sex. When children with certain temperaments initially perceive rejection of the same-sex parent, they detach and bond with the other parent. They begin to adopt the patterns and attributes of the opposite sex. However, there is always a longing for a connection with the same-sex parent, love and affirmation from the same gender. These children believe that they were born that way, having craved the love and attachment with the same-sex parents for as long as they can remember. It begins as an emotional craving, not a sexual craving. It reflects a legitimate need for non-sexual love, an emotional need that ultimately becomes sexualized as they enter puberty. Most researchers have concluded that sexual orientation is a complex, multifactorial issue in which biological, social and psychological factors combine to play a role in the ultimate sexual orientation of an individual. According to Julie Harren, Ph.D., the formula for this interplay between factors might be represented by the equations: --Genes + Brain Wiring + Prenatal Hormonal Environment = Temperament. --Parents + Peers + Experiences = Environment. --Temperament + Environment = Homosexual Orientation. When reviewing the collective evidence in an adult twin study involving 7600 twins in Sweden, genetic factors explained between 18 and 39 percent of the sexual orientation choices, while 61 to 66 percent of sexual orientation choices stemmed from the individual environment. Environmental factors included prenatal and perinatal experiences, physical and psychological trauma, sickness or disease, violence or abuse, peer group influences, and sexual experiences. According to researcher Simon LeVay, whose work started the whole genetic discussion regarding homosexuality, "At this point, the most widely held opinion is that multiple factors play a role." Although it may be easier, psychologically, for a homosexual to believe that homosexuality is inborn, the accumulated scientific evidence suggests that most cases are not solely the result of genetic determination, hormonal disturbances, or chromosomal aberrations. Homosexuality can start in the womb by a genetic predisposition but it is ultimately determined outside of the womb. For those who are unhappy with their lives as homosexuals, this truth offers hope for change, if they desire it. Clinical experience has shown that some individuals can change learned responses and defense mechanisms to early painful experiences with help. Homosexuals are precious souls to God, for whom Christ died. God loves persons of all sexual orientations, just like He loves all sinners. The Bible says, "But God commends His love to us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). Jesus Christ "is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" (I John 2:2). The gospel of Christ "is the power of God for salvation, to every one that believes" (Romans 1:16). In Christ alone, we find the definitive source for healing, restoration, forgiveness, and comfort. He is the way by which we can all experience the affirming, unconditional love, value, and acceptance of our Father in Heaven.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I'm aghast that people would actually think it's ok to brainwash a 4 year old into hating gay people.
And then they all cheer the kid singing the song.

If the kid were saying Jews or Blacks weren't getting into heaven they would be called anti semites or al sharpton would be protesting.
But since it's gay people getting discriminated against no one says anything.
I'm getting sick of people gay bashing.

Why is that people always seem to link being gay with black people, is it just me that notices this? This video is about religion and homosexuality so why out of all the races does being black get brought up especially considering all the other races. Maybe I am just being argumentative but it seems people like to collect these groups and shove them into a corner together far too often.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I find the thought that most of the people who bash on Christians have never even been apart of a Church funny. I've been apart of a few, most of my "Church Years" were spent in a Baptist church even though my family follows the Catholic denomination. The Pastors of my Church were the most caring, didn't discriminate, and accepted everyone who came to the church, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Straight, Gay, Fat, Skinny, Tall, Short. We were all a family no matter what, and spent a crap load of time together. I no longer attend a Church as my views about God have changed, but when I see this crap, then I see all the Christian bashing comments, I can't help but laugh. The ones talking all of this crap have no idea what they're talking about. This is no different then stereotyping people because of their skin color. I also noticed this type of thing happens more often in the predominately White areas of America, the people who also hate Muslims, or Blacks and Hispanics moving into their neighborhoods. You guys are ignorant.
edit on 31-5-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It sucks but it's their right to do so in their own church.

...BUT the second they get in the face of mine or my wife's gay friends I'll be expressing my rights towards them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

" Good ole boys club " ( ? ) That,s worrying in itself ! Boys only, perhaps ? Good point, dominicus...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by LiberLegit

Apathy..........I don't care.

That is another reason next to hate why our world is in the mess it's in.

You don't care, you won't care until that hatred is eventually turned towards your race, religion, body shape, sex, size, hair or eye color.

You don't care because you do not see that hate along with apathy are destroying our species and our planet.
edit on 31-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't even care if the hate was directed towards me. It's not apathy, it's just being confident in your decisions and lifestyle that no matter what others say it won't change or affect who you are. Everyone is always looking for something to hide behind, it's this PC joke of a world that us Americans live in that's the problem.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join