It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School is PRISON. A must see for all parents.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If this doesn't wake you up to what's WRONG with our school SYSTEMS then I dont know what will.

This is without doubt the most fascinating video I've ever watched. If you are a parent then please please watch this video.

In the video Dr Peter Gray talks about another way of learning.

This video is so full of common sense I just dont know where to start.
He talks about a school where children are not DEVIDED by age, WOW!!! Just listen to the benefits and you'll very quickly realise why all other schools DIVIDE them.

Once per year the children get to vote for the teachers they want to keep for another year.

The children make the rules.

Each child chooses what he wants to be doing at any given time.

Please just start watching, I know once you start watching you'll be glued to it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow! I have never seen such a long-winded, BORING, video!

Yep, a teacher like that guy would put me right to sleep.

I LOVED school. School represented friends and FREEDOM to me. Freedom away from home (which was more of a prison to me.)

I sure am lucky that guy wasn't my teacher.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

WOW, just a few minutes after posting you pretend you've watched a 45 minute video.

I suspect your still at school, kindergarten??

Also, if you HAD watched it you'd know he's NOT a teacher.
edit on 30-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

"The children make the rules"
Yeah I'll bet the children would love that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The school he's talking about has been going for 43 years. So yeh, IT WORKS!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I watched 22 minutes of that boring monologue, then hit the fast forward to each minute or two after that and he was still sitting there; still talking in the same monologue all the way to the end! Okay, he was answering questions, boring ones. He is thoroughly boring. Case closed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If its so boring why do you keep posting?

Your replies are childish.
edit on 30-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So... just to further back up these claims... well kinda.

The High School that I attended was designed by the same man who designs jails and prisons. The lay out was straight prison style .

I did some quick searches online as to gaining information about it... I was unlucky.

As well... I'm probably on some watch list now lol.

brief description.

3 Floors, 3 separate columns of rooms... each section having 6 class rooms, all of which had a central 'fish bowl' which was a small 10x10 room in the center of the 6 rooms that surrounded it.

OH WAIT... perfect!

check this out, 3d tour of the place, try and tell me THIS PLACE AIN'T A PRISON lol!

www.district196.org...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Says the baby avatar with the children's toy pirate boat.

I replied to let you know that THAT was the most boring video ever! I replied to let you know I did watch (waste 22 minutes) on that wretched thing. I replied because ... you finish the sentence. Why do you keep replying? Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Prison
A place where you are compelled to be against your will.
A place where you are totaly controlled.

School
A place where you are compelled to be against your will.
A place where you are totaly controlled.
Your there for at least 10 years.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Move along, nothing to see here.

Thats what you really want isn't it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I used to run my own machine shop at one time, I hired a home schooled kid. His parents were super religious zealots. The kid was an idiot, couldn't do math, couldn't do spelling, and damn sure couldn't do thinking. What an f,'ing joke, uneducated parents homeschooling their kids.

You don't see educated people homeschooling their kids, you see stay at home moms doing it. Seriously WTF?
edit on 5/30/2012 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I was never compelled against my will to go to school. In fact, I loved school so much than when I ran away from home ... I forged my parent's signature and enrolled myself in school!

School wasn't total control, home was.

School had open concept learning, LAPS system, and usually INTERESTING teachers. The few times I got a boring teacher who was too lazy to teach ... or wouldn't teach enough ... I got up and taught the class myself and then got a different teacher afterwards. And yes, they let me and the class applauded because they were EAGER to learn as well.

So, bad teachers make bad schooling experiences.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

What you describe is not the norm.

In the uk any child seen on the street during school hours will be picked up by the police, questioned, a statement taken, and then they will be delivered to school.

And just because YOU liked the way it was does not mean everybody else likes it. maybe you should let others view the vid and ask them after what they thought of it rather than simply saying "boring move along"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

What you see is moms who've gone through the system desperatley trying to make sure the same thing doesnt happen to their child.

I know several homeschool families, their children could read and write and do maths before they were of school age. Maybe you just live in a area of not very bright people?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Just because you had #ty parents and a bad taste in education doesnt mean the rest of the world should suffer, do a little critical thinking and observation after the fact and you might see that things have changed dramatically for the worse in all areas of education. " i like cheezy poofs so everyboby should eat cheezy poofs"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Ever hear of Dr. Robert Titzer, he developed the "Your Baby Can Read" early learning system,
he started his daughter on it, smart girl, she was a junior in College at age 16, or something like
that...

my son is two now and can read plenty of words...
its a real trip...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

This is a good video on the failure of current education systems.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

You don't see educated people homeschooling their kids, you see stay at home moms doing it.

Are you saying stay at home moms are not educated??

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hi Woodwardjnr.

I came across Sir Ken a while back on TED. Hadnt seen this vid though, thanks for posting it. He's a man with his head well screwed on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join