It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old captures a UFO in picture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Titan25

Of course, just another thought, with the google earth street view application, I guess it's possible,( as long as we have a general idea of location) to visit the site of the photo, and look around to see any similar objects with relation to the photo.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Titan25

You're right.

Nice find.

It's a streetlight.

But why does the kid have Donald Trump hair?

I guess they put the kid holding the camera over the right half of the pic to hide the streetlamps arm.

Solved.

edit on 5/31/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Definetly a streetlight, nice how they used the boy in the pic to cover up the post holding the light in the air. I wonder how the kid feels having to keep this LIE, a secret. The parents should feel bad that they used the kid as a money maker.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Titan25

You're right.

Nice find.

It's a streetlight.

But why does the kid have Donald Trump hair?

I guess they put the kid holding the camera over the right half of the pic to hide the streetlamps arm.

Solved.

edit on 5/31/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Yea I was thinking that, Donald trump hides street light pole, lol

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Before you all ride off slapping yourselves on the back for being so clever to identify it as a 'streetlight' (and yes, the local street lights do look similar) there is a picture at the top right of the screen, without the kid in it, without any pole etc.

So, we have to say that the kid Photoshopped the pole out, blurred it and added some highlights, then sent it to the paper, because even the Sun (yes, I know), aint gonna pay for, and post a picture of a streetlight.

But if it makes you feel better to write things off so quickly, be my guest.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Before you all ride off slapping yourselves on the back for being so clever to identify it as a 'streetlight' (and yes, the local street lights do look similar) there is a picture at the top right of the screen, without the kid in it, without any pole etc.

So, we have to say that the kid Photoshopped the pole out, blurred it and added some highlights, then sent it to the paper, because even the Sun (yes, I know), aint gonna pay for, and post a picture of a streetlight.

But if it makes you feel better to write things off so quickly, be my guest.

Oh there is always one party pooper. Look, let's be honest, photoshop or not, I seriously doubt that this is a UFO. This young lad would not have been out looking for UFO,s and probably has no interest in the subject. He was let loose with a camera, took an unintentional photo. All the family took a look at it, not bothering to research what it probably was, and thought, HEY you know what, THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX is filmed round here, and we are jealous of their fame and moments in the spotlight. Let's contact (the we print anything sun newspaper) and get a bit of that limelight like our neighbours have been getting.

I have researched and been interested in the UFO phenomenon for a long long time. And I am 100% certain that the object in question, is not. UFO.
edit on 2012 by Titan25 because: Error

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Titan25

Well, you are welcome to your opinion, as am I.

I too have been researching UFO's for many years, and I have no idea whats in the picture- there isnt enough information to base a decision on. But hey, if thats the sort of 'party' you like- making sweeping calls on limited info, then fill your boots, cowboy....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by Titan25

Well, you are welcome to your opinion, as am I.

I too have been researching UFO's for many years, and I have no idea whats in the picture- there isnt enough information to base a decision on. But hey, if thats the sort of 'party' you like- making sweeping calls on limited info, then fill your boots, cowboy....

COWBOY? In that case, yippee kayee, mother fxxxxr.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

Hi I'm the mum in the photo in this article, and feel I need to defend myself and family. The picture is absolutely genuine and I am going to try and post the original on this site so you can all get a different perspective. It is not an Essex lamp post I've lived here a long time and never seen one like the pics posted on here ! I am not saying it's an alien space ship but it is a UFO. It was a tiny silver dot in the sky many thousands of feet high, don't quite know how he spotted it and he had the forsight to go and get the camera which has quite a large zoom lens. The picture is very blurred in the news paper because they had to magnify it.

We reported it to the authorities here and they have a copy of the picture which is then given to the M.O.D, the picture is obviously being investigated for authenticity. We have not earned any money from this as yet and it was all about my son getting his 5 minutes of fame and enjoying it, the horrible comments on here are a bit upsetting but understandable as we opened ourselves up to this by reporting it to the Sun !
I am not very technical so may have to ask a friend to upload the pic for me, watch this space !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Titan25

I find that comment offensive, as the mum from that clip read my post on here which may clarify things for all you cynical people !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Any chance a mod here can verify that this karen person is indeed logging in from an IP in the Essex area? Easy enough for anybody to create a false account to promote this street lamp story.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah, a pretty standard "I'm not technologically competent to upload the picture, but I can totally prove it later" response. I wont bring up the fact you managed to send the photo to the Sun or find this thread, but whatever. 14 hours is plenty enough to prove the innocence of your son.

Man, that sounded so much harsher than I intended it to, but I'm calling shennanigans on that post.

The Sun has a habit of making out Essex to be a "hotbed of UFO activity", despite ignoring the fact it's on the flightpath for Stanstead, the home to the Parachute regiment and their are several RAF bases in the neighbouring counties.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Propaganda

Don't really know why I am bothering to argue my case with you, but here goes we have tried to post pic but need some help any offers kindly accepted and we are working on it. My sister lives in LA and sent me the link to this site and we are not claiming it to be some sort of space ship but it is a UFO !

Hold your opinions until you have seen the original, the BBC radio news here want to cover the story here only time will tell what it actually is but your comments are hurtful to my son who had genuinely taken an amazing photo.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarenB1
reply to post by Propaganda

Don't really know why I am bothering to argue my case with you, but here goes we have tried to post pic but need some help any offers kindly accepted and we are working on it. My sister lives in LA and sent me the link to this site and we are not claiming it to be some sort of space ship but it is a UFO !

Hold your opinions until you have seen the original, the BBC radio news here want to cover the story here only time will tell what it actually is but your comments are hurtful to my son who had genuinely taken an amazing photo.

Ok Karenb1. If you are indeed the mother, and you feel offended, then apologies. But as you may know, being a member of this site, it is an outlet for freedom of speech, opinion and speculation. My question now, would be, it seems strange that you would pick up on this post so quickly, and if you indeed believe this to be a UFO and nothing else, and being a member of ATS, then that could imply that you are so wrapped up in the phenomenon, that you may not listen to reason, and believe that every dot in the sky is an alien. Just as every Most Haunted fan sees a ghost every ten seconds.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Titan25

Oh dear here we go again, UFO translates as Unidentified flying object and at the moment that is what it is ,you have not read my last reply properly, I have just joined this discussion as my sister posted the link to me from California. We have never claimed it to be aliens re check your facts. How do I upload a photo on here help me out we are struggling here.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Titan25

Oh dear here we go again, UFO translates as Unidentified flying object and at the moment that is what it is ,you have not read my last reply properly, I have just joined this discussion as my sister posted the link to me from California. We have never claimed it to be aliens re check your facts. How do I upload a photo on here help me out we are struggling here.

I feel I have posted all I need too. The general feel here, is that it s a street lamp. And that's my thought also.
Take care and I wish you all the best in your ufology career.
edit on 2012 by Titan25 because: .

edit on 2012 by Titan25 because: .

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Artist's impression of picture cleared up!

As you can see the sheer size of the 11 year old boys head leads to the lamp post being partially blocked out giving the illusion the lamp post is a floating UFO!
edit on 31-5-2012 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Titan25

How do I upload a photo on here help me out we are struggling here.

Upload the photo to somewhere like Photobucket and copy the IMG tag across from the bottom of the four boxes under the photo.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The picture is absolutely genuine and I am going to try and post the original on this site so you can all get a different perspective.

A high-quality copy of the original photo would be nice, thank you. We generally like to get the best quality images we can, as there are a few people around here who know something about photography. Of course, it won't actually "prove" anything, but it would be nice to have.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KarenB1

Check your private messages on instructions on how to upload a picture onto our site.

or just look here:

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join