It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another embarrassing failure by the TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Hours after being released from jail, a man walked through an emergency door at San Diego International Airport, onto the tarmac and sat down on a United Express plane Tuesday, according to San Diego authorities.

"He completely bypassed TSA screening," San Diego Harbor Police Chief John Bolduc said. "He was in a public area and went out an emergency fire door, which gave him access to the tarmac."

How much more money, and how many more personal freedoms is it going to take? The Patriot Act, NDAA, and the TSA are abysmal failures and have cost us our liberties, and billions of dollars. But hey, if it only saves one person it'll be well worth it. Right?

edit on 5/30/2012 by draco49 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This was no accident. It will be used to institute even more draconian measures. Wait and see.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
This was no accident. It will be used to institute even more draconian measures. Wait and see.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. You know the TSA is awful when the guy who created it says, publicly, that he's ashamed to have been a part of its inception.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Not to mention, the delay and hassle for the passengers when the flight attendant realized there were too many passengers on the plane:

The flight attendant realized she had too many passengers, Nicholas Blasgen, a passenger on the plane told CNN affiliate KGTV.
"They said, 'What is your count?' She said this is my count, and they said that is wrong."
The passengers got off the plane and their luggage was searched. "They had us put all the bags out, they separated the bags by enough distance and had the dog go over everything," Blasgen said.
Duncan was identified and arrested.

Boy, I bet that was a blast, having your flight delayed and your luggage pulled out because some one failed to do their job.

Great work TSA!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49
How much more money, and how many more personal freedoms is it going to take? The Patriot Act, NDAA, and the TSA are abysmal failures and have cost us our liberties, and billions of dollars. But hey, if it only saves one person it'll be well worth it. Right?

I saw a thread earlier about a guy running for Senate in Missouri; he says senators should be appointed by the legislature, rather than elected by vote of the people (claims it violates states' rights). That would be the 17th Amendment, I believe. If they're doing it in numerical order (and not counting the 27th), that'll be what--about 4 more years of Obama? Yep. Sounds about right.

So, to answer the question (how many more personal freedoms is it going to take): Don't worry. There aren't that many left. As to how much money: I don't know--how much is left? That shouldn't take much longer either....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

"The guy did breach security, but he was caught," Bolduc said. "We have multiple layers of security built into our airports, as you know, and the backup systems were able to catch this guy."

Well yes, he was caught trying to board a plane. But his intent was to board the plane and he boarded the plane. Now say there was another person with different intent. Is it okay if they carry out their plan?

TSA = We aren't really in the wrong because nothing bad was gonna happen anyway.

Oh, you don't say? Why do you exist...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

What's funny is that the "layer of security" that ultimately stopped the man from taking flight was a simple headcount by the stewardess; a practice that was in place LONG before the TSA ever came about, and one that didn't require the steamrolling of our civil rights or any new laws.

top topics

join